Newcastle United vs Watford - Saturday 19th September at 3pm (not on TV)

Dave

Slightly better but Colback over Anita is one I'll never understand. Should've been bolder.

I'm pretty happy with that actually because as I've said already I believe Anita playing as a third centre half when we had the ball was killing us going forward

bear that in mind when we're hoofing the ball up from the back because colback is trying to hide inside someone's shorts rather than take the ball in a precarious area

That would still be as effective as what Anita was doing

:dowie:

Look at the positives. Gini is deeper and Ayoze is starting. It's progress.

I am pleased by those two changes, but we are still pissing in to the wind through allowing the following...

Cisse playing

No De Jong

Sissoko wide

Useless Ginger c*** playing

I want a win today, Cisse better make up for his dogshit performance and attitude last game.

Totally agree :thup: But it's better than persisting with last weeks XI. Hopefully see De Jong get atleast 30 minutes.

Slightly better but Colback over Anita is one I'll never understand. Should've been bolder.

I'm pretty happy with that actually because as I've said already I believe Anita playing as a third centre half when we had the ball was killing us going forward

bear that in mind when we're hoofing the ball up from the back because colback is trying to hide inside someone's shorts rather than take the ball in a precarious area

i.e. Not effective at all

Listening to Paul Simpsons comments I think its 433 with sissoko and winjaldum central, colback in dm and Perez and Thauvin wide.

It did sound like that aye, hopefully it's the case.

Sounds likely considering that De Jong isn't starting. He probably would in a 4-2-3-1

he is effective at doing it, the fact that the people he gives the ball to can do fuck all with it is another matter

we spent years aimlessly lumping the ball up man, i was kind of happy to see the change as without mitrovic we can't afford to be hoofing it to fucking cisse

you've got to see this surely?

Despite having an awful game last time (like most) i must say that i'm happy Thauvin's not being dropped at first chance.

Needs to be down the right tbh.  Plays a blinder against albeit a lower division side, but the understanding between him and Janmaat was there for all to see.

So what happens, he's not been played there since.

Despite having an awful game last time (like most) i must say that i'm happy Thauvin's not being dropped at first chance.

Needs to be down the right tbh.  Plays a blinder against albeit a lower division side, but the understanding between him and Janmaat was there for all to see.

So what happens, he's not been played there since.

Yup I'd play him on the right at least until Mitrovic returns.

he is effective at doing it, the fact that the people he gives the ball to can do fuck all with it is another matter

we spent years aimlessly lumping the ball up man, i was kind of happy to see the change as without mitrovic we can't afford to be hoofing it to fucking cisse

I'd be delighted if we kept possession and I'd also be happy with Anita starting if we did it in better areas but instead we play with our midfielder dropping between the two centre halves and it just wasn't working. As I've said before it's management's fault not Anita's but if him getting dropped means abandoning this tactic then I'm happy

That's probably our best team in this formation tbh. Maybe Anita in for Colback and presumably Mitrovic in for Cisse.

Playing Sissoko out wide instead of one of our actual wingers?

Aarons or Obertan you mean? Aye.

I'd be delighted if we kept possession and I'd also be happy with Anita starting if we did it in better areas but instead we play with our midfielder dropping between the two centre halves and it just wasn't working. As I've said before it's management's fault not Anita's but if him getting dropped means abandoning this tactic then I'm happy

and i'm saying there's every chance that abandoning it will lead to hoofball, we reverted to that at west ham when anita went off and it was fucking shit

and i'm saying there's every chance that abandoning it will lead to hoofball, we reverted to that at west ham when anita went off and it was fucking shit

No we didn't,