Newcastle United 1-2 Watford - 19/09/15 - Post-match reaction from page 21

Greg

Mbemba, now that is a guy I love.

Give it a month or two.

Nah, you can just see the guy has sense in his head, and desire. Even if he doesn't get something right it's hard to be mad at him. He is actually putting it all out there.

Wijnaldum has been anonymous. He needs to try and get on the ball and drive this team. Expecting more, especially due to his apparent leadership qualities.

Yep, he needs to be the one taking the game by the scruff, particularly being the centre mid. Something wrong when a centre mid barely sees the ball. We're not even playing hoofball either.

Our midfield will never work under McClaren, he wants two of them sitting so deep they're almost part of the back line then his front "three" to far forward laving a massive gaping hole.

And what evidence is there that McClaren won't learn/adapt? Have you seen much of him prior to us? Seems a bit extreme to say "will never work" IMO.

Well it has been a massive problem since our first game under his management and he has shown no desire to change it despite it being obvious from very early on.

You can't change your system every game though otherwise nothing will ever stick. Grand scheme of things we're only a few games in and the players won't adapt to anything if we're constantly chopping and changing.

I do think it's time he changed it though, as it's not working.

Nothing has changed. We're still playing the 4231 that failed under the previous two "managers"

Mbemba, now that is a guy I love.

Give it a month or two.

Nah, you can just see the guy has sense in his head, and desire. Even if he doesn't get something right it's hard to be mad at him. He is actually putting it all out there.

I see a McClarening in his future.

I'm done with Sissoko okay? My personal choice. Flatters to deceive so much, And is always running his stupid mouth about top four clubs. No more questions.

What utter bollocks, he's been the best player by a country mile for us.

Wijnaldum has been anonymous. He needs to try and get on the ball and drive this team. Expecting more, especially due to his apparent leadership qualities.

Yep, he needs to be the one taking the game by the scruff, particularly being the centre mid. Something wrong when a centre mid barely sees the ball. We're not even playing hoofball either.

Our midfield will never work under McClaren, he wants two of them sitting so deep they're almost part of the back line then his front "three" to far forward laving a massive gaping hole.

And what evidence is there that McClaren won't learn/adapt? Have you seen much of him prior to us? Seems a bit extreme to say "will never work" IMO.

Well it has been a massive problem since our first game under his management and he has shown no desire to change it despite it being obvious from very early on.

You can't change your system every game though otherwise nothing will ever stick. Grand scheme of things we're only a few games in and the players won't adapt to anything if we're constantly chopping and changing.

I do think it's time he changed it though, as it's not working.

The system is falwed and has been since day one, a lot other teams use 4231 to success but their 2 don't usually sit on the toes of their centre backs and then have a massive hole in the centre of the pitch.