Newcastle United 0-1 Sheffield Wednesday 23/09/09 Post match reaction from pg.15

BlueStar

Guest firetotheworks

De Jong was so fucking bad. He was hiding for most of the game, moving towards an defender rather than finding space. Absolute coward..

I'm surprised to hear that like, he never seemed that type of player.

Lowes on Radio Newcastle now;

"Club is in meltdown  and crisis. Says all at the club have contempt for everything around them - fans, media, etc. Sticking the knife into Ashley - says that the £50million spent on the back of his interview after West Ham was an attempt merely to keep us up for the coming TV deal next season. Club is rotten to the core. Says that after Saturday, could things get any worse? And they did last night - missing an open goal against a side which had made 10 changes from the weekend. Not sure what is going on in the players heads - other than contempt. Says that SJP is now a graveyard, compared to the cathederal on the hill that it used to be - where people go to 'remember'. Has had a go at Charnley - who doesn't do interviews, also Graham Carr - neither of whom do interviews. It's pathetic and awful."

:thup:

I'm amazed that he has had a go at Ashley. Fair play it's taken him long enough though.

De Jong was holding his hamstring most of the 2nd half no idea why he didn't ask to come off , and Maclaren was screaming at them to get forward and make runs into the box they just ignored him the place is rotten to the core and the players couldn't care less .

Without exaggerating I was too disgusted to write anything of substance on here after what was comfortably the worst performance I've ever witnessed live and one that completely kills any hope of us staying in the league. The only positives from the whole night was that Perez has obvious quality and if we have a glimmer of hope we need to build something around getting him the ball. I thought Lascelles did ok, he won almost every header and looks a bit of a unit. I also thought Mbabu looked very composed on the ball and made a couple of decent tackles. Everything else was beyond abysmal.

Apart from the dreadful decision to play without a recognised forward I can't blame McClaren for it though, he was woefully let down by the players. The closing down or pressing of the entire midfield was so half arsed I couldn't believe it was actually happening. I know Thauvin was shit but I think the lad knew he was shit and you could tell after he booted the ball away he wasn't content with his performance. That doesn't excuse it but I thought the way De Jong, Sissoko and Wijnaldum ambled around - the latter two especially - was a dropable offence. None of those players looked any better on the ball, didn't look as motivated and certainly didn't care half was much as Shef Wed's second string.

Is it even possible to play Sissoko, Winjnaldum, De Jong in the same team? Because on last nights evidence they really don't look comfortable on the same pitch together.

I was also left haunted by the Wednesday fans singing "that's why you're going down" after every cock-up we made, because they're absolutely right.

"Club is in meltdown  and crisis. Says all at the club have contempt for everything around them - fans, media, etc. Sticking the knife into Ashley - says that the £50million spent on the back of his interview after West Ham was an attempt merely to keep us up for the coming TV deal next season. Club is rotten to the core. Says that after Saturday, could things get any worse? And they did last night - missing an open goal against a side which had made 10 changes from the weekend. Not sure what is going on in the players heads - other than contempt. Says that SJP is now a graveyard, compared to the cathederal on the hill that it used to be - where people go to 'remember'. Has had a go at Charnley - who doesn't do interviews, also Graham Carr - neither of whom do interviews. It's pathetic and awful."

I'm amazed that he has had a go at Ashley. Fair play it's taken him long enough though.

Fair play to the bloater but can see them spitting out their dummy again and banning him.

Iirc, wasn't Mick Lowes backing Ashley right to the fucking hilt after his "interview", shouting down anyone who was in any way critical or suspicious of Ashley's intentions.

Iirc, wasn't Mick Lowes backing Ashley right to the f***ing hilt after his "interview", shouting down anyone who was in any way critical or suspicious of Ashley's intentions.

Strange bloke. From Nottingham I believe.

De Jong was so fucking bad. He was hiding for most of the game, moving towards an defender rather than finding space. Absolute coward..

I'm surprised to hear that like, he never seemed that type of player.

Me too mate, I expected big things from him.. Like others have said he was holding his hamstring quite a lot but to me it looked like an excuse.

You could tell the players went out thinking they would walk through Shef Wed.

Without exaggerating I was too disgusted to write anything of substance on here after what was comfortably the worst performance I've ever witnessed live and one that completely kills any hope of us staying in the league. The only positives from the whole night was that Perez has obvious quality and if we have a glimmer of hope we need to build something around getting him the ball. I thought Lascelles did ok, he won almost every header and looks a bit of a unit. I also thought Mbabu looked very composed on the ball and made a couple of decent tackles. Everything else was beyond abysmal.

Apart from the dreadful decision to play without a recognised forward I can't blame McClaren for it though, he was woefully let down by the players. The closing down or pressing of the entire midfield was so half arsed I couldn't believe it was actually happening. I know Thauvin was shit but I think the lad knew he was shit and you could tell after he booted the ball away he wasn't content with his performance. That doesn't excuse it but I thought the way De Jong, Sissoko and Wijnaldum ambled around - the latter two especially - was a dropable offence. None of those players looked any better on the ball, didn't look as motivated and certainly didn't care half was much as Shef Wed's second string.

Is it even possible to play Sissoko, Winjnaldum, De Jong in the same team? Because on last nights evidence they really don't look comfortable on the same pitch together.

I was also left haunted by the Wednesday fans singing "that's why you're going down" after every cock-up we made, because they're absolutely right.

#nailonhead

heard that like, fair play, let rip no holds barred. Spot on as well, what a fucking mess, fuck off Ashley... but oh no he spent 50 million- aye after letting the club rot for years.

All I'll remember De Jong for from that match is backing out of every 50/50 challenge that came his way.

Can sympathise a bit if he was injured but in that case he should have been removed.

He's as weak as piss and slower than a sloth.

My 12 year old daughter asked me after 20 minutes "Dad who's our number 10 cos he's rubbish". If she can see it why can't McClaren??

Simpson was on radio Newcastle as I was driving into town at 6.45 when they'd just announced the teams. He said they'd picked the strongest available team. Bollocks, Colocinni and Perez were on the bench for starters!!

I don't like Obertan but he was one of a very few who had a go last night and did tackle back and try to attack yet got hooked for a young skinny kid who was then starved of any service.

After Cardiff in the FA Cup I said I'd had enough of paying for home cup ties but got suckered in again last night and am really regretting it!!

Guest Geordiesned

Here's the link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p031tjxg#play

From 01:19:20

Gan on big lad.

Woof.

Guest firetotheworks

Lowes can fuck off with that shit tbh. Waxing lyrical about a club in meltdown while for the last few years he's happily licked Pardew's arse, giving him every benefit of the doubt, sitting in Nine, drinking pint after pint, ogling at lasses and talking about Newcastle fans being 'hysterical and pathetic'. He bases his opinions on who talks to him and who's his mate, not what's good or bad for the club. He's a fucking bellend and hasn't got a genuine interest in the club beyond what he gets out of it, exactly like the people at the club he's criticising.

Guest firetotheworks

As long as it convinces more people if the reality of the situation who cares why he's saying it?

Because imo self preservation is the only real reason that stopped him from saying it 2 or 3 years ago. It's too late and it's for the wrong reasons. He can fuck off.

No doubt you'll hear the same things from Moncur and Beardsley should they lose their privileges/jobs. It's all self-preservation and it's loathsome.

As long as it convinces more people if the reality of the situation who cares why he's saying it?

Because imo self preservation is the only real reason that stopped him from saying it 2 or 3 years ago. It's too late and it's for the wrong reasons. He can f*** off.

So you'd rather he didn't say it?

Guest firetotheworks

Because imo self preservation is the only real reason that stopped him from saying it 2 or 3 years ago. It's too late and it's for the wrong reasons. He can f*** off.

So you'd rather he didn't say it?

No, I'd rather he'd said it 2 or 3 years ago when exactly the same situation was happening under Pardew, but didn't because he was his mate/he gave him interviews. They're not interested in the club at all, they're doing it because they're no longer getting what they want from the club, which is ironic considering the thousands that weren't getting what they wanted while he defended it because he was. Means to an end, but Lowes specifically can get fucked.