Newcastle United 0-1 Sheffield Wednesday 23/09/09 Post match reaction from pg.15

BlueStar

'I thought we had enough possession and opportunities... created enough opportunities and chances to score'.

Really? Doesn't sound like it.

It's almost as if he knows the games wasn't televised and he can try to re-write history as most wouldn't have actually seen it. :lol:

'I thought we had enough possession and opportunities... created enough opportunities and chances to score'.

de Jong apparently had two really good chances, so I heard, so he's probably referring to them and trying to put a more positive slant on it?

Krul - was at the opposite end to the goal but looked like he fluffed it

Janmaat - best player again, and he was probably 5 or 6/10

Lascelles - reasonably steady

Williamson - nervous and awful with the ball as per

Mbemba - uncomfortable out of position

Anita - seemed to have the ball a lot but never did owt with it

Wijnaldum - peripheral

Thavin - embarrassing, lightweight and disinterested

Sissoko - blatantly couldn't be arsed

Obertan - probably pick of the midfielders but not great

De Jong - not involved for 90 minutes then missed two good chances. Fuck off.

Perez - looked lively but surrounded by shit

Mbabu - steady enough debut

Toney - showed more effort than most

Basically: the problem is movement and we've all been saying it for years. The system we play is shit but the players (with the exception of Janmaat and Perez) are way too static and don't show for the ball quickly enough. It was 4-6-0 in the first half essentially, yet the midfield somehow looked empty and full of gaping holes. Tonight was absolutely desperate and the crowd are starting to turn on McClaren already.

I'm going to the Chelsea game cos we've got family from Australia and Italy visiting this weekend and the tickets etc have been sorted a while, but after that I don't think I'll be going to the match for a while. Once again on Saturday I'm looking forward to the day out, the faces, the bait and the bevvies more than the actual match itself, and I simply can't be arsed anymore. It's almost like Pardew hasn't left.

He is going to have a worse record than Carver, after the same number of games isn't he  :lol:.Obviously this is all the fans fault for wanting Pardew out in the first place, or at least that is what neautrals will say:rolleyes:.

Incredible that Lowes gets stuck into McClaren after 6 games having refused to criticise Pardew over the last three seasons. Also interesting to hear that McClaren seems to speak more confidently the more he gets pressured, even though he still waffles a lot and seems lost as to what the solutions might be. The way he always finishes his sentences on a high note drives me mad though. Somewhere down the line he must have had someone advising him on how to deal with the media and this must have been advised, because it sounds unnatural as fuck :lol:

Incredible that Lowes gets stuck into McClaren after 6 games having refused to criticise Pardew over the last three seasons. Also interesting to hear that McClaren seems to speak more confidently the more he gets pressured, even though he still waffles a lot and seems lost as to what the solutions might be. The way he always finishes his sentences on a high note drives me mad though. Somewhere down the line he must have had someone advising him on how to deal with the media and this must have been advised, because it sounds unnatural as f*** :lol:

Pardew and Lowes are mates, hence the lack of criticism.

Krul - was at the opposite end to the goal but looked like he fluffed it

Janmaat - best player again, and he was probably 5 or 6/10

Lascelles - reasonably steady

Williamson - nervous and awful with the ball as per

Mbemba - uncomfortable out of position

Anita - seemed to have the ball a lot but never did owt with it

Wijnaldum - peripheral

Thavin - embarrassing, lightweight and disinterested

Sissoko - blatantly couldn't be arsed

Obertan - probably pick of the midfielders but not great

De Jong - not involved for 90 minutes then missed two good chances. f*** off.

Perez - looked lively but surrounded by s***

Mbabu - steady enough debut

Toney - showed more effort than most

Basically: the problem is movement and we've all been saying it for years. The system we play is s*** but the players (with the exception of Janmaat and Perez) are way too static and don't show for the ball quickly enough. It was 4-6-0 in the first half essentially, yet the midfield somehow looked empty and full of gaping holes. Tonight was absolutely desperate and the crowd are starting to turn on McClaren already.

I'm going to the Chelsea game cos we've got family from Australia and Italy visiting this weekend and the tickets etc have been sorted a while, but after that I don't think I'll be going to the match for a while. Once again on Saturday I'm looking forward to the day out, the faces, the bait and the bevvies more than the actual match itself, and I simply can't be arsed anymore. It's almost like Pardew hasn't left.

Judging by his interview, he knows we pass too slow going forward etc. just doesn't know how to get them confident enough to do it.

This club is beyon ridiculous in every possible fucking way apart from the fans. They can all rot in hell ten times over. Even by our standards this is dreadful.

How the fuck can a human being care less? And earn that kind of money (players and all cunts around). It's fucking disgusting that they don't care at all.

Playing against a shit Championship side and not even put in a half decent display. Fuck off everyone!

It's possession for possessions sake though, all night back wards and forwards across the back four and then back again with no urgency or desire to even get over the halfwayline.