Newcastle United 0-1 Sheffield Wednesday 23/09/09 Post match reaction from pg.15

BlueStar

Guest firetotheworks

Don't mind Lowes tbh. He evidently loves the club. Also like the way he's really fat.

I don't know how you can conclude that he loves the club like. He's defended everything they've done to the hilt - be that Ashley, Pardew or Carver. He's been diplomatic bordering on stupidity in order to preserve his contacts and privileges within the club. He loves what he gets from the club, once that's gone he suddenly 'loves the club' and comes out with the stuff he's oddly omitted for all of Ashley's tenure. It's absolute bollocks that he loves the club as we want it to be, and probably right that he loves the club as it has been under Ashley.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't know how anyone could like him after listening to him over the past few years like. Him and Anderson were a massive part of the problem.

Anderson who said fans 'should be ashamed of themselves' for the 'vicious' way that we treated Pardew at Stoke and whose comeback when it was mentioned that Pardew had pushed officials/sworn at and headbutted opponents was 'oh so that makes it alright then does it?'

Don't mind Lowes tbh. He evidently loves the club. Also like the way he's really fat.

I don't know how you can conclude that he loves the club like. He's defended everything they've done to the hilt - be that Ashley, Pardew or Carver. He's been diplomatic bordering on stupidity in order to preserve his contacts and privileges within the club. He loves what he gets from the club, once that's gone he suddenly 'loves the club' and comes out with the stuff he's oddly omitted for all of Ashley's tenure. It's absolute bollocks that he loves the club as we want it to be, and probably right that he loves the club as it has been under Ashley.

Only ever listen to him on the odd occasion I'm subjected to the radio for away day commentary. His passion comes across although the daft twat never actually describes what's happening.

I'm not bothered like, don't want to my defence list to consist of Colback & Lowes. What a horrible duo.

I've always enjoyed (!) Lowes commentary - probably because I've been listening to him for that long. Ando - I've met on a good few occasions and he comes across as a decent man. Add to that, he was a hero of mine as a kid too. :thup: The problem is that BBC Newcastle have a very close relationship with the the club and this leaves them hamstrung by what they can and can't say. Step out of line -  Ashley will tear up the contract and takeaway press passes. He's a bully and we know how weak as piss the BBC are when it comes to dealing with them. :thdn: I'm glad Lowes has come out and had a go - tonight's TS will be interesting to see if Ando does the same.

What's happening to NUFC at the moment has been on the radar for years. Some of us oldies (the like of me, Merlin, CP40 and others) were derided for our views on the regime-  not necessarily on here, but on other groups and forums. I'd like to feel smug, but I can't - because NUFC is dying and along with it, part of me has as well. I may not even bother with the Chelsea game on Saturday (listening/watching) Why bother? They all don't give a fuck - why should I?!

I'm going to try and get on TS tonight - have mailed Razor to see what he can do.

As long as it convinces more people if the reality of the situation who cares why he's saying it?

Because imo self preservation is the only real reason that stopped him from saying it 2 or 3 years ago. It's too late and it's for the wrong reasons. He can f*** off.

So you'd rather he didn't say it?

No, I'd rather he'd said it 2 or 3 years ago when exactly the same situation was happening under Pardew, but didn't because he was his mate/he gave him interviews. They're not interested in the club at all, they're doing it because they're no longer getting what they want from the club, which is ironic considering the thousands that weren't getting what they wanted while he defended it because he was. Means to an end, but Lowes specifically can get f***ed.

:clap:

Hypocritical twat has been ridiculing and shouting down any opposition to the regime for years. He's got what he wanted and what he deserves and if I thought for one second he was actually upset about the shambles the club has become, it would count as a genuine silver lining for me.

'I thought we had enough possession and opportunities... created enough opportunities and chances to score'.

Really? Doesn't sound like it.

It's possession for possessions sake though, all night back wards and forwards across the back four and then back again with no urgency or desire to even get over the halfwayline.

He's said himself he wasn't happy about the speed of play when attacking, to be fair. I can only assume that players either aren't listening to him or are such fannies they don't want to risk it. Either way, it's shocking.

:thup:

Lowes on Radio Newcastle now;

"Club is in meltdown  and crisis. Says all at the club have contempt for everything around them - fans, media, etc. Sticking the knife into Ashley - says that the £50million spent on the back of his interview after West Ham was an attempt merely to keep us up for the coming TV deal next season. Club is rotten to the core. Says that after Saturday, could things get any worse? And they did last night - missing an open goal against a side which had made 10 changes from the weekend. Not sure what is going on in the players heads - other than contempt. Says that SJP is now a graveyard, compared to the cathederal on the hill that it used to be - where people go to 'remember'. Has had a go at Charnley - who doesn't do interviews, also Graham Carr - neither of whom do interviews. It's pathetic and awful."

:thup:

I'm amazed that he has had a go at Ashley. Fair play it's taken him long enough though.

Here's the link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p031tjxg#play

From 01:19:20

Woof.

Enjoyed that - spoke very openly. Think he might get in bother with the petty fuckers though.

Chronicle chief sports writer Lee Ryder gives his player ratings from the game with Sheff Wed - do you agree?

Tim KRUL 6

Made a superb save to deny Modou Sougou but was let down by defence badly

Daryl JANMAAT 5

Went off with suspected sickness at half-time on a night to forget.

Mike WILLIAMSON 4

Not up to standard for this club.

Jamaal LASCELLES 3

Need to be loaned out back to the Football League.

Chancel MBEMBA 4

Fielded out of position but still no excuse for a poor show and awful shot in first half.

Vurnon ANITA 4

Let the game pass him by.

Georginio WIJNALDUM 5

Had Newcastle’s only shot on target.

Moussa SISSOKO 3

Champions League? You’re having a laugh.

Gabriel OBERTAN 3

Hardly had Sheff Wed shaking in their boots.

Florian THAUVIN 3

A complete contrast to his last appearance in the Capital One Cup against Northampton when he won man of the match.

VIEW GALLERY   Carlos Carvalhal manager of Sheffield Wednesday and Steve McClaren 

Siem DE JONG 2

Missed two golden chances. Looks a shadow of the man who played for Ajax.

Just been sent the link to that at work, and just listened to it.

Great rant - but its taken him long enough to crack.

This is little different to what he's been defending for the last few seasons, so why break now?

Razor and Ando on full time match day duty from now on?

Guest firetotheworks

Chronicle chief sports writer Lee Ryder gives his player ratings from the game with Sheff Wed - do you agree?

Tim KRUL 6

Made a superb save to deny Modou Sougou but was let down by defence badly

Daryl JANMAAT 5

Went off with suspected sickness at half-time on a night to forget.

Mike WILLIAMSON 4

Not up to standard for this club.

Jamaal LASCELLES 3

Need to be loaned out back to the Football League.

Chancel MBEMBA 4

Fielded out of position but still no excuse for a poor show and awful shot in first half.

Vurnon ANITA 4

Let the game pass him by.

Georginio WIJNALDUM 5

Had Newcastle’s only shot on target.

Moussa SISSOKO 3

Champions League? You’re having a laugh.

Gabriel OBERTAN 3

Hardly had Sheff Wed shaking in their boots.

Florian THAUVIN 3

A complete contrast to his last appearance in the Capital One Cup against Northampton when he won man of the match.

VIEW GALLERY   Carlos Carvalhal manager of Sheffield Wednesday and Steve McClaren 

Siem DE JONG 2

Missed two golden chances. Looks a shadow of the man who played for Ajax.

Even when he's probably correctly rating players that I don't like, I absolutely cannot stand the bloke. :lol: 'Champions League? You're having a laugh' the bloke headlines every cringe festival going.

Mick Lowes will know far more about what is going on at the club than we do so for him to be so outspoken, things must be really bad.

I agree with the contempt though.  Mike Ashley is responsible for the character of the club and he shows nothing but contempt in his SD business and similarly with NUFC to the authorities and staff.  You can't run a football club like that.  Players as well as fans need to buy into something.  What is there to love about NUFC these days?

The club needs to be cleansed from to to bottom - it needs a personality change but I can't see that happening with Ashley there.

If he gets rid of Charnley, which one of his mates is he going to call up next?  Another one who is anxious to keep Ashley happy and grateful for a job and likely to have no experience of football.

:lol: Ryder giving Lascelles (who was steady) a 3 and Wijnaldum (who had about a dozen touches all game) a 5. Nowt like hanging the young uns out to dry is there? Must have learned that from The King.

Bizarre ratings for some.

I didn't think Lascelles or Williamson did a whole lot wrong, our problems were in midfield and our lack of an attack.

Wijnaldum was absolute pony.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

It's understandable that we were poor going forward because we didn't have a proper striker in the playing squad . However  managing only a single strike on target for the whole 90 minutes against a second string Championship side makes me nervous for the rest of the season.