Newcastle United 0-1 Sheffield Wednesday 23/09/09 Post match reaction from pg.15

BlueStar

You have to ride the lot, deservedly so. No excuses. The criticism since West Ham has affected us. Confidence is draining out and we can’t have that. We have to draw a line in the sand.

Jeez, surely nobody can be that mentally weak in supposed top-level sport?

You have to ride the lot, deservedly so. No excuses. The criticism since West Ham has affected us. Confidence is draining out and we can’t have that. We have to draw a line in the sand.

Soft cunts need to cancel their Evening Chronicle subscriptions.

"We played very solid, very compact. Tactically, my players were 200 per cent, they played absolutely fantastically. They did exactly what we planned for this match.

"Newcastle had more of the ball, we know, but we picked these players to show a different face in relation to the last three matches. We tried to play more compact, block all the ways for Newcastle and tried with four very quick attackers to disturb Newcastle, so I am very happy, of course.

"I am very happy with the players. They were perfect in the strategy that we brought to this match. They gave 100 per cent to the team and to our strategy, so I am very happy with them."

Carvalhal had sympathy for McClaren, who he is convinced will turn things around on Tyneside.

He said; "I recognise a very good coach, I recognise very good players. It's very easy to recognise - that's why our victory means much more than a normal victory, because we know we beat a very good team with a very good coach in their stadium, so of course we are very happy about that."

Very impressive.

Our lot seem to crumble at the slightest pressure, like, it's absolutely pathetic. Bunch of fannies who think they're better than they really are. If they fucking accepted it, dug in and got on with shit, we might just do a bit better.

Our lot seem to crumble at the slightest pressure, like, it's absolutely pathetic. Bunch of fannies who think they're better than they really are. If they fucking accepted it, dug in and got on with shit, we might just do a bit better.

Exactly, the Mackems are the exact same (derbies aside). Got to question that mentality/motivation coach is doing because it sure as hell ain't working.