Newcastle United 0-1 Sheffield Wednesday 23/09/09 Post match reaction from pg.15

BlueStar

As usual, not sure why I bothered with that. Been to see some utter filth in my time but that ranks up there among the worst. Tactically clueless, and a collection of gutless, borderline talentless players.

Sissoko - Can't remember seeing someone put in such such consistent gutless performances. Technically bollocks, as per tonight.

Obertan - What more needs saying. Couldn't resemble a footballer less. Deflate his minging head and tell him to fuck off.

Anita - If anyone tries to tell me he's a technical player again they can do one. Was bullied by cloggers and his passing was atrocious.

Thauvin - Anonymous for the most part, shite when he appeared. Big, big question marks already about this lad.

De Jong - Pointless. Granted he was playing upfront by himself at the start which was mind-boggling, but he's too slow and not good enough technically to make up for it.

Rest of the team - Shite

McClaren - Was, and in a way still am, willing to give him time to rid the club of the stench left by the previous regimes, but the early signs are that it's going to be a continuation of the same. Tactically we were inept and the players couldn't look like they gave less of a fuck.

Perez looked areet when he came on though  :aww:

Krul 5

Janmaat 5 (Mbabu 5)

Mbemba 4

Williamson 5

Lascelles 5

Anita 4

Wijnaldum 4

Thauvin 3 (Perez 4)

Sissoko 4

Obertan 5 (Toney 4)

De Jong 4

That was as bad as I've ever seen us tbh and I try and see the best in anything.

I was trying to think of a worse performance and I couldn't.. utter garbage.

Funny thing is I don't blame McClaren, the new coaching staff or players for this mess, there is just something fundamentally wrong with the club and it goes to the core.

Just a completely weak set of players. Season goes against them even slightly & they've all gone to pieces.

Given up since we lost to West Ham.

Very little to do with the individual players man. We've been shit for years on the back of our ethos as a club. We could have Messi and Ronaldo upfront and they'd look like shit in a NUFC shirt. The whole club is broken.

@CaulkinTheTimes: they were awful & tactic looked deliberate. Get ball, keep it, make everybody fall asleep and wake up when the game's finished.

@CaulkinTheTimes: I asked him about that: 1 shot on target against a Championship side which made 10 changes. "We had plenty of ball in final 3rd."

@CaulkinTheTimes: they were awful & tactic looked deliberate. Get ball, keep it, make everybody fall asleep and wake up when the game's finished.

@CaulkinTheTimes: I asked him about that: 1 shot on target against a Championship side which made 10 changes. "We had plenty of ball in final 3rd."

Did we bollocks. Any move collapsed in the middle of the park.