Newcastle United 0-1 Sheffield Wednesday 23/09/09 Post match reaction from pg.15

BlueStar

who mentioned players fighting with each other in the dressing room?

Don't know about there but Krul was going apeshit at Ayoze in particular after the goal.

Yeah I saw that, and he wanted to head off straight down the tunnel after FT before SMC forced him to clap the fans

Looked like it was going to be a proper Given vs Liverpool moment

who mentioned players fighting with each other in the dressing room?

Don't know about there but Krul was going apeshit at Ayoze in particular after the goal.

Yeah I saw that, and he wanted to head off straight down the tunnel after FT before SMC forced him to clap the fans

Looked like it was going to be a proper Given vs Liverpool moment

Who wanted to go straight down the tunnel?

But but but, isn't McClaren supposed to be an honest bloke who tells it like it is..?

He is a decent bloke.

So when he says we had plenty of possession in the final third and a few people from here who were at the game say we barely got in their half, who should I believe?

But but but, isn't McClaren supposed to be an honest bloke who tells it like it is..?

He is a decent bloke.

So when he says we had plenty of possession in the final third and a few people from here who were at the game say we barely got in their half, who should I believe?

I was one of them :lol: As an individual there's no issue. It's the shite he's currently sending out that's the problem.

Went to the match on a whim tonight and it was the worst performance I've seen in years, but the really bad thing to come out of tonight's debacle is that loads of fans around me were starting to call for pardew to come back

He is a decent bloke.

I was one of them :lol: As an individual there's no issue. It's the s**** he's currently sending out that's the problem.

I know you were one of them. Seems odd that you reaction to something you know is a blatant misrepresentation is to say he is a decent bloke in response to my suggestion that he was being dishonest.

He is a decent bloke.

I was one of them :lol: As an individual there's no issue. It's the s**** he's currently sending out that's the problem.

I know you were one of them. Seems odd that you reaction to something you know is a blatant misrepresentation is to say he is a decent bloke in response to my suggestion that he was being dishonest.

Aye, apologies. Just raging after that and looking for an argument. I'll settle.

Disgraceful

Newcastle  0  Sheffield Wednesday Res  1

Diabolical, deplorable, dreadful, shocking, pitiful, pathetic, embarrassing, unbelievable, dismal, feeble, useless, awful, appalling, abysmal, shameful, astonishing, staggering, atrocious, inexcusable.

We used that opening paragraph for a terrible defeat at Wigan Athletic in the League Cup in 2005/06 under Graeme Souness.

We hoped we'd never have to revisit it ever again....

This time it wasn't 5,000 travelling fans who were shown utter contempt by the club, it was 29,000 fans who had shown the loyalty and "blind faith" called for by Steve McClaren in his pre-match platitudes.

Unfortunately it was the "team" on the pitch whose only discernible tactic was to employ some sort of blind faith of their own in approaching their opponent's net.

It resulted in just one powder-puff shot on target from Gini Wijnaldum with five minutes remaining, Wednesday having already scored their winner ten minutes earlier.

The visitors had put out a second choice Championship XI while McClaren used many of his Premier League first team squad in a bemusing 4-6-0 line-up.

Siem de Jong was played in what some might describe as a "false number nine" role. That incredible idea dispelled any thoughts that McClaren has accumulated some tactical genius in his previous coaching roles.

Some panicky substitutions at half-time and with 20 minutes to go - with the game still scoreless - confirm that the former England manager clearly doesn't know what he's doing.

Disgraceful

Diabolical, deplorable, dreadful, shocking, pitiful, pathetic, embarrassing, unbelievable, dismal, feeble, useless, awful, appalling, abysmal, shameful, astonishing, staggering, atrocious, inexcusable.

We used that opening paragraph for a terrible defeat at Wigan Athletic in the League Cup in 2005/06 under Graeme Souness.

This time it wasn't 5,000 travelling fans who were shown utter contempt by the club, it was 29,000 fans who had shown the loyalty and "blind faith" called for by Steve McClaren in his pre-match platitudes.

Unfortunately it was the "team" on the pitch whose only discernible tactic was to employ some sort of blind faith of their own in approaching their opponent's net.

It resulted in just one powder-puff shot on target from Gini Wijnaldum with five minutes remaining, Wednesday having already scored their winner ten minutes earlier.

The visitors had put out a second choice Championship XI while McClaren used many of his Premier League first team squad in a bemusing 4-6-0 line-up.

Siem de Jong was played in what some might describe as a "false number nine" role. That incredible idea dispelled any thoughts that McClaren has accumulated some tactical genius in his previous coaching roles.

Some panicky substitutions at half-time and with 20 minutes to go - with the game still scoreless - confirm that the former England manager clearly doesn't know what he's doing.

Damning.

Disgraceful

Unusual for .com to climb off the fence but get the feeling they've really had enough of McClaren.

Squad: more than adequate for mid-table.

Right.

I stand by that. With the right manager it is, no doubt in my mind.

There's so much more to it than McClaren, man.

I'm talking midtable, not top 6 or something? Would you have West Brom's squad over ours? Leicester's? Villa's? Stoke's? Our squad is flawed, seriously flawed even, but your average, midtable Premier League club doesn't have a significantly better or deeper squad than ours in my opinion. That's not just true today, it's true for the past three to four years of unmitigated failure where three consecutive managers have failed to get it playing at its potential, let alone have it be more than the sum of its parts.

Their squads have defenders that can defend and midfielders that can compete physically in a midfield battle. We might have some technically nice players but that's not even half the battle in a league like ours. Plus our lot have no bottle and aren't fighters, another big difference.