Newcastle United 2-2 Chelsea - 26/9/15 - Post match reaction from p. 32

Mike

Nowhere near the best player in the league for me. Aguero gets it by default imo.

Aguero, De Gea. Then you're talking about the likes of Hazard, Silva & Sanchez. Perhaps an in-form Cesc.

I think this is partly what makes the PL currently so great to watch. The top teams don't have many of the real super elite players (a goalie and an injury prone striker at best) and the middle chunk of teams have some very tasty players.

Personally think that the PL is absolutely s*** to watch and has been since Suarez and Bale did off to Spain.

Much longer than that IMO, but i think most leagues are shite these days tbh. Only really get enjoyment from latter stages of CL personally.

:lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Inclined to agree to an extent like. I say that I like La Liga, but what I really mean is that I love watching Barca. It's nothing more complicated than just liking good football that's played competitively. I prefer good football over competitive football, but it does tend to be the way that you only get both at Champions League knockout level. The top of any league matches that feature Mourinho are effectively shit to watch by default.

'Most leagues are s*** these days' ffs. How can people be so pretentious and f***ing absurd?

It's an opinion, i don't get much enjoyment from enjoying random games anymore and only really enjoy the latter stages of the CL where the best face the best that aside i find most games i see on a Saturday or Sunday quite boring.

Have caught a few random Bundesliga games recently and the entertainment is streets ahead of the Premier League like. Most teams trying to play football the right way.

Yes, and they offer all round value-for-money, with affordable ticket prices and usually, plenty of goals scored.

More local players too, being coached properly.

Best league in Europe for me, may not have the stellar combination of Real Madrid or Barca but streets ahead in terms of the majority of sides - same applies to the PL.

Have caught a few random Bundesliga games recently and the entertainment is streets ahead of the Premier League like. Most teams trying to play football the right way.

Yes, and they offer all round value-for-money, with affordable ticket prices and usually, plenty of goals scored.

Best league in Europe for me, may not have the stellar combination of Real Madrid or Barca but streets ahead in terms of the majority of sides - same applies to the PL.

In terms of quality no way, maybe in terms of entertainment

In terms of quality no way, maybe in terms of entertainment

Quality of the average German game (say Frankfurt v Werder) is generally pretty poor from what little I've see but I'd say but given that most teams like to play positive football it manifests itself in to generally fairly open attacking games.