Newcastle United 2-2 Chelsea - 26/9/15 - Post match reaction from p. 32

Mike

Good performance and deserved to win, 2 poor errors first from Janmaat and then the brain dead Sissoko fouling them on edge of box when facing away from goal and then does the same thing 5 mins later to gift them another free kick. He was awful today and is incapable of dribbling around a player! Defeatist attitude to keep the ball in corner in last minute of injury time when we had a corner and should of tried to win it!

Refresh my memory...what did Janmaat do wrong? I must have missed that.

Chelsea player mis controlled the ball and Janmaat should easily of got there in lead up to goal. Re acted slowly. I like him and is great going forward but gets caught out a lot defensively.

Ahhhh, when Hazard took that weird touch? To me it looked like good play from Hazard that caught him on the back foot, but I'd need to see it again.

I have not seen it on TV yet, just from the ground it seemed like he should of had enough time to get there. Shame coz we deserved to win as there were a lot of good performances and thought Mitrovic was quality. Sissoko was our worst player and so ineffective as usual.

Guest Howaythetoon

And this is a p*ss poor Chelsea side.

:lol: They've had a bad start to the season, but p*ss poor? :lol:

It really is, totally unbalanced. Fabregas is awful these days and Hazard isn't as good as his reputation suggests, Costa likewise. I don't think they have one world class player and have a good few plodders.

Guest firetotheworks

Am I wrong in thinking that Mourinho has never won at SJP? Ridiculous if true.

He has, just not in the league.

Aha, thanks. Still a pretty weird record, given the squads he's managed and the managers you've had.

It's unbelievable, but it's a Chelsea thing rather than just a Mourinho thing. It's been this way from about late 2005/early 2006 iirc.

Aha, thanks. Still a pretty weird record, given the squads he's managed and the managers you've had.

It's unbelievable, but it's a Chelsea thing rather than just a Mourinho thing. It's been this way from about late 2005/early 2006 iirc.

When Mourinho was manager. :lol:

Since early 2003, really.

Guest firetotheworks

When Mourinho was manager. :lol:

Since early 2003, really.

It's been throughout though hasn't it? From Mourinho through to Mourinho again?

If you'd offered me a point at 1729 I'd have snapped your hand off.

Disapointing we couldn't hold on but they were knocking on the door all 2nd half.

Biggest thing for me was that we put on a performance and restored a bit of pride and played 4-4-2 for the most part as well.

Mbabu had Pedro in his back pocket and Perez and Mitrovic in particular were outstanding and running on empty long before the end.

Guest firetotheworks

I think, without trying to be too profound it'll be one of those matches that's only viewed through hindsight. Whether we kick on and do well or it's a slightly alright port in the storm/slight glimpse of light at the end of the tunnel. It's so hard to make any predictions with NUFC even now with the mean being that we're very shit.

And this is a p*ss poor Chelsea side.

:lol: They've had a bad start to the season, but p*ss poor? :lol:

It really is, totally unbalanced. Fabregas is awful these days and Hazard isn't as good as his reputation suggests, Costa likewise. I don't think they have one world class player and have a good few plodders.

I'd have all three in a heart beat. Fwiw, I thought Hazard was immense in this game; pulled them back into it.

A point was deserved by virtue of a first half performance which was a vast improvement over the last few weeks' rubbish but there was no doubting that Chelsea were the better side by a mile in the second half once Mourinho made subs which let them dominate m/f.

Krul to blame for the second goal, allowed it to drift past him into the corner, wrong-footed by Ramirez' run but Chelsea deserved a point.

Wijnaldum more involved in this game and took his goal well, leaving his marker for dead...Mbabu was a revelation and the defence looked better as a result but we will still concede in games where Colo cannot be a---d.

Unexpected point, but lets hope things get better - will take more than this to convince me though..!