Top 10 players in the World, Sponsored by Tom Pippy.

Thread title.

http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Agent-Smith-Evil-Laugh.gif

:lol: Hate you cunts.

:lol: :lol:

What is it in reference too? I'm assuming American Football?

Yeah, my man T-Pip is a big Boston sports fan. Loves the Patriots, Tom Brady, and Pip.

Ah so did Pip rinse Mike in fantasy football, due to deflategate? Then some clever fucker merged the two names?

Guest firetotheworks

Bale is overrated in here imo. Both Benzema and James and even Modric are better than him for Real.

Just had a check and as I suspected, he's only on two lists.

Bale is overrated in here imo. Both Benzema and James and even Modric are better than him for Real.

I can't have read many lists :lol: my bad if that's the case.

Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Muller would be my top 4 in that order then I've got about 20 names I can't reduce to 6. Seems to be a real lack of world class defenders around at the moment and in recent years.

I can't have read many lists [emoji38] my bad if that's the case.

He was on mine. Think he was on TCD's as well.

Guest firetotheworks

I can't have read many lists [emoji38] my bad if that's the case.

He was on mine. Think he was on TCD's as well.

TBF, that was only in his top 18 top 10 players in the world.

Disgusting lack of Modric defenders in here :huff:

Always my biggest bug bear when it comes to daft lists like this.

THE greatest player ever was Beckenbaeur imo, yet hardly gets a look in against lesser players like Cruyff etc...always biased towards the attackers.

Lahm has been one of the greats of the past 5/10 years yet never gets a nod at all.

attacking pffff....for pansies. ;)

Lewandowski is overrated IMO [/tin hat]

Agree with you, three weeks ago he wouldn't have made nearly as many people's top ten.

Iniesta should be in every single list.

Can't be watching a lot of Barcelona for the past 14-16 months if that's your opinion. Iniesta is still a top player, but he should be nowhere near top 10 based on the last season and a half or so.

Agree with you, three weeks ago he wouldn't have made nearly as many people's top ten.

Can't be watching a lot of Barcelona for the past 14-16 months if that's your opinion. Iniesta is still a top player, but he should be nowhere near top 10 based on the last season and a half or so.

He's still a class big game player. Was the best player in the Champions League final IMO

Guest firetotheworks

THE greatest player ever was Beckenbaeur imo, yet hardly gets a look in against lesser players like Cruyff etc...always biased towards the attackers.

Lahm has been one of the greats of the past 5/10 years yet never gets a nod at all.

Case in point, Beckenbaur was a brilliant footballer...played in midfield, Lahm is a great footballer...moved to midfield. I think generally defenders aren't as good footballers because they're generally destroyers rather than creators.

He's still a class big game player. Was the best player in the Champions League final IMO

Sure he has the odd great game. But there are midfielders out there better than him.

Case in point, Beckenbaur was a brilliant footballer...played in midfield, Lahm is a great footballer...moved to midfield. I think generally defenders aren't as good footballers because they're generally destroyers rather than creators.

:thup: David Luiz best defender in the world ;)

Fair point but it is a game of defence and attack (obviously save for the revolutionary approach of NUFC at the moment ; none of either).

To watch a Beckenbaeur, Breitner, Baresi or Maldini perform at their highest levels of defensive brilliance always gave me as much joy as watching a Zidane or Platini ripping the arse out of a defence.

Maybe we are lacking a lot of true great defenders in the world game now actually?...