Newcastle United 6-2 Norwich City - 18/10/15 post match reaction from page 44

Greg

Cronky's got a fucking nerve making any point about the time John Carver was in charge given that he was happy to see him given the job until the end of the season and said he was tired of all the "sniping" by people who weren't (i.e. every fucker else).

Cronky's got a fucking nerve making any point about the time John Carver was in charge given that he was happy to see him given the job until the end of the season and said he was tired of all the "sniping" by people who weren't (i.e. every fucker else).

:lol: Forgot about that.  It's absolutely incredible stuff if he isn't on the wind-up, and sad as fuck if he is.

In every full season as Newcastle United manager, Alan Pardew has gone on a run of games that lasted at least one third of the season where his win ratio was between 14% and 29%:

10/11 – 14 games / 2 wins (14%)

11/12 – 17 games / 5 wins (29%)

12/13 – 14 games / 2 wins (14%)

13/14 – 20 games / 4 wins (20%)

Alan Pardew was the first Newcastle United manager to lose 6 consecutive Premier League games.

In the 2013-14 season, Alan Pardew’s Newcastle United lost 4 home games in a row without scoring a goal – the first time in the club’s entire history that this has happened.

In 2014 Alan Pardew’s Newcastle United have failed to score in 18 out of 38 Premier League matches (47,4%).

To see more astonishingly atrocious facts, visit: http://sackpardew.com/

He also thought he'd be faster, stronger, better header, better defender,

Well aye, yeah. Seems a fantastic footballer. Seems to read the game fairly well but i've not been impressed with his other defensive abilities. Having Janmaat to his right, Colo to his left and whoever in front of him hasn't helped. But the poor dealing with crosses is a little worrying. Colo isn't good in the air either which leaves us very vulnerable from crosses and set pieces.

And Pardew talk is boring. Everyone bringing up various streaks. Will we have more than 26 points after 19 games? Will we finish above 11th and 10th?

That's all that matters when comparing Pardew in the medium term. He doens't matter anyway but especially not now.

:lol: Says you FFS.  Honestly man, go away.

And Pardew talk is boring. Everyone bringing up various streaks. Will we have more than 26 points after 19 games? Will we finish above 11th and 10th?

That's all that matters when comparing Pardew in the medium term. He doens't matter anyway but especially not now.

:lol: Says you FFS.  Honestly man, go away.

TCD is particularly boring, so it's in fact the ideal water cooler conversation for him.

Pardew's amazing plan saw us conceding record breaking ammounts of goals. Our defence is total garbage, sitting back is suicidal and it's been our unwillingness to get men forwards that had us at the bottom of the league.

There's no getting round the fact that results have plummeted since Pardew left.

Seriously?

Pardew's league record last season - W7, D5, L7

League results since he left - W4, D7, L17

Yeah, seriously.

What was his record in his first 9 games last season, versus McClaren's this season (with much harder fixtures).

Cheers.

If you're going to pick out a single chunk of games, you could equally go for the five we won on the trot.

It seems to me that his record over the time that he was in charge last season, with its ups and downs, is as fair as you can get.

You just don't want to admit that you under-rated Pardew, and under-rated the problems he had.

Why would you go for 5 games Pardew won in a row?  That makes no sense whatsoever :lol:

Your "argument" was our results had nosedived since Pardew left, conveniently ignoring that Carver was in charge for much of that and won about 3 games.

No. I was saying it is just as daft to isolate the 5 games that we won on the trot, as it is to isolate the 7 games at the start of the season when we didn't win.

And Carver isn't the only one who has been in charge since Pardew left.

All I said was that results had deteriorated since Pardew left. You can come up with all sorts of ideas about why that's happened, but you can't sensibly say that the statement's not correct.

Just wind your neck in.

Just wind your neck in.

:lol: Fuck off.

And as for the rest of it, if that's all you can manage after what I've said then words fail me.  I'm not having "results have gone downhill since Pardew left" if you're counting us losing almost every week under that muppet Carver and not willing to admit that our start to this season is comparable to last despite having had much harder games.

You're an absolute plank, basically.

If you are going to be selective about stats then you could argue that results dived dramatically following Pardew's departure as he left on a win and we lost the immediate game after that. Meaningless shit tbh.

Guest firetotheworks

Cronky's saying that we were worse after Pardew now? :lol: As in when we were under Carver and he was banging the drum about us keeping him until the end of the season? :lol:

You were either wrong then or you're wrong now. You can't have it both ways. I'm of the opinion that you were wrong then and you're wrong now.