The "How would you set the team up?" thread

Shak

I have had enough of Sissoko. He should be the best of all our players, but he only turns up when he feels like it, e.g. Against the big clubs or if he is due a France call up. His attitude stinks and it seeps through to others.

Krul

Janmaat Mbemba Dummett Mbabu

Wijnaldum              Colback

De Jong

Thauvin Mitrovic Perez

'So I'm going to play Colback instead.'

Wrong.

I have had enough of Sissoko. He should be the best of all our players, but he only turns up when he feels like it, e.g. Against the big clubs or if he is due a France call up. His attitude stinks and it seeps through to others.

Krul

De Jong

Thauvin Mitrovic Perez

Wrong.

:lol: Sissoko on his worst day is still a better player than Colback at his very best

You're optimistic about our recruitment in January then. :lol:

:lol: Shit.

New

Janmaat/New  Mbemba  New  Mbabu/New

New

Moose  Wijnaldum

Riviere                                    Perez

Mitro

Bench: Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

Was all impressed you were contributing, typing out a formation and everything.

Then you dropped in Riviere and didn't even say anything about why, like it was obvious. :lol:

:lol: Man fuck you motherfucker. Riv is a point guard. Put him on the wing, let him pick a pass, don't ask him to score and we're laughing. Janmaat is good, but he has moments. If we're dreaming, I'd get someone to nip at his heels, keep him focused.

The fuck is this absolute drivel?

Krul

De Jong

Thauvin Mitrovic Perez

Wrong.

:lol: Sissoko on his worst day is still a better player than Colback at his very best

Understatement.

Perez sold to fund Charlie Austin isn't going to go down well.

I'm still a bit taken aback by that Chronicle article last week saying we'll have to shift a high earner to bring in more players.

The one tolerable one I think they could get away with is Sissoko because he clearly wants away and isn't consistent enough anyway, I think they could sell that to people.

But the idea that we *have* to sell one of our few good players to stop ourselves getting relegated when we're cash rich is painful to think about.

As if there's anyone still wanting Haidara in the side.

All the options are just as bad as each other, so it's a moot point really.

It's not, really. Mbabu looks the best all round based on limited appearances, Haidara gives away goals and generally contributes nothing in the final third in spite of his ability to carry the ball. Dummett's a CB and generally marks well and doesn't give goals away but obviously isn't good with the ball.

Dummett has been awful defensively seen coming into the side and the fact we haven't conceded more has been more down to luck than judgment. Haidara didn't really do anything wrong defensively apart from maybe Watford and Southampton, Janmaat has been miles worse than him on the defensive end.

Not that it matters as i already said i'd sell the lot of them.

Krul

De Jong

Thauvin Mitrovic Perez

Forgot Norwich are fucking class. When footballers play well and badly is a lot more to do with the teams they are playing against rather than if they are up for it

Based on this 11 being fit and available.

Krul

Janmaat  Mbemba  Colo  Mbabu

Colback  Sissoko

Perez                                        Aarons

Wijnaldum

Mitrovic

Krul

Colback  Sissoko

Wijnaldum

Mitrovic

Hard to argue with this, Bournemouth has shown that Anita and Tiote just don't cut it any more (if Anita ever did). The exact positioning of Wij/Perez can move about mind.

If Mbabu plays every match like his PL debut the other week he won't be here next year tho.

Krul

Colback  Sissoko

Wijnaldum

Mitrovic

Hard to argue with this, Bournemouth has shown that Anita and Tiote just don't cut it any more (if Anita ever did). The exact positioning of Wij/Perez can move about mind.

If Mbabu plays every match like his PL debut the other week he won't be here next year tho.

Was thinking how Wijnaldum would benefit from knock downs scraps from Mitro, and the fact he's obviously dangerous in the box, the lad can use both feet and his head 4 of his 6 headers! I'd bet now that more than half the squad wouldn't score a header all season, or a goal for that matter.

Wijnaldum should be used as a forward or as far forward as possible he's dangerous.

That left side being so young could get exploited, but then again it could grow? I dunno I just think from what we have that's the quickest and most dangerous. If you look at a few of Ayoze vids from Tenerife, he played out wide right a few times and loves cutting in.

Krul

Janmaat Mbemba Dummett Haidara

Thauvin Sissoko Wijnaldum Aarons

Perez

Mitrovic

When everyone is fit, obviously.

Krul

Janmaat          Mbemba          Colo      Dummett

Tiote

Wijnaldum          Colback

Perez                      Mitrovic                Thauvin

My logic is basically very similar to Shak, apart from I don't trust Sissoko or Wijnaldum to give Tiote enough cover defensively.

Elliott/New

Janmaat                Mbemba                Colo/New                Mbabu

Anita/New

Sissoko                                            Wijnaldum

Aarons/New                                          Ayoze

Mitrovic

Krul

Janmaat          Mbemba          Colo      Dummett

Tiote

Wijnaldum          Colback

Perez                      Mitrovic                Thauvin

My logic is basically very similar to Shak, apart from I don't trust Sissoko or Wijnaldum to give Tiote enough cover defensively.

What the hell is the point of Tiote of he isn't giving enough defensive cover? ??? Can't for the life of me begin to understand why anyone would want to play with both Tiote and Colback, being generous to them both, that's like starting the game with ten players.

I think in a CM role Sissoko is more than capable of helping defend as long as he sorts out his s*** craic. He was a more defensive minded CM at Toulouse, I think.

For us Sissoko never ever looks capable defensively. He is definately not the answer to this. I think none of Tiote, Colback, Anita are good enough for the role and we need to buy some new player for the position.  It would be interesting to give coloccini a go there though, I think it could be a good position for him.

Janmaat - Mbemba - New CB - Mbabu

Colo

Sissoko          Wijnaldum

Thauvin        Mitrovic          Perez