Newcastle United 0 - 3 Leicester City (post-match joy and adulation from pg. 26)

Dave

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

McClaren had two weeks to fix the team and find a solution against high pressing and he failed. The quality is there but we can't make it count. The goal at Bournemouth showed what we couldn't produce today and in large parts two weeks ago: we need to play better in tight spaces when under pressure. Using our widemen better and some better balls to Mitro wouldn't hurt.

McClaren had two weeks to fix the team and find a solution against high pressing and he failed. The quality is there but we can't make it count. The goal at Bournemouth showed what we couldn't produce today and in large parts two weeks ago: we need to play better in tight spaces when under pressure. Using our widemen better and some better balls to Mitro wouldn't hurt.

Leicester didn't even press us high, though. They were happy as owt to sit off and fill spaces to make it hard for us to pass. We were too proud, I thought, to do some old-fashioned stuff and get the game open.

Nah, we're pretty bang average all over the pitch.

I can't understand why the players look so uncomfortable on the ball. They're shit scared of shooting when in range, their 1st touch is horrible and they can't properly pass the ball in a simple and calm way. You wouldn't be surprised if the away team look uncomfortable on our pitch but we look so nervous at SJP as if we haven't played on that pitch before.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Leicester didn't even press us high, though. They were happy as owt to sit off and fill spaces to make it hard for us to pass. We were too proud, I thought, to do some old-fashioned stuff and get the game open.

I remember Vardy & Ulloa pressing our CBs and DMs so that they can't play the high ball that Mitro loves. Our midfielders too didn't have the space to turn when receiving the ball.

I remember Vardy & Ulloa pressing our CBs and DMs so that they can't play the high ball that Mitro loves. Our midfielders too didn't have the space to turn when receiving the ball.

They did on occasion but I saw them blocking passing lanes more often than not. If space had been that open, I think we'd have gone long much more.

One of the worst afternoon's I've had to sit through. Leicester didn't have to get out of 2nd gear. Passing was horrific, but it feels like our only tactic is to hope Sissoko can run past someone. Its horrific. Wijnaldum was absolutely shocking.

Once Anita got booked he couldn't make a tackle and they exposed him time and time again.  Watching Dummett at LB was painful. Looking forward to Leicester getting rid of their North African winger for free because he doesn't track back

Nothing to suggest there's any real quality there. Add that to the fact that the players we have are generally a bunch of spineless b@stards and it's clear we're in a spot of bother here.

Nothing to suggest there's any real quality there. Add that to the fact that the players we have are generally a bunch of spineless b@stards and it's clear we're in a spot of bother here.

That's the root of the problem. They're also a bunch of lazy cunts who for some reason seem to think they're good enough to coast through without putting any effort in. I can accept getting beat, especially off a team as good as Leicester are at the minute, and I can accept playing crap, it happens sometimes. But how can you get behind a bunch of individuals who are happy to openly and obviously display that they really don't give a shit. If they don't care why should we??

They look the real deal too. Fair play.

I thought Leicester were deeply average like, nothing special at all.

Same here.

First half both teams were poor.

2nd half only we were poor.

Annoying that Vardy looked marginally offside for the 1st goal as well.

None of our players wanted the ball, no one made any runs or tried to get into space to receive a pass, utter shambles.

Was there a proper shot on goal?

The only shot's at goal I can remember were a shot from Cisse that was blocked and a skied well off target effort from Colo.

Thauvin had a shot deflected out for a corner. Pretty sure it was on target.

Fucking horrible game to watch hung over. :suicide:

Was it bad that I actually started cheering on Leicester in the second half because we were so sh*t?  In years past a result like this would have left me in a bad mood for the rest of the weekend, but I'm actually happy because it exposed how crap we actually are.  Terrible owner, useless manager and a group of players who couldn't give a toss about anything to do with the club. All we ask for is a team that tries...

If I still gave a shit I'd be furious about today. As it happens I can't even summon up the energy to even get mildly irritated any longer, the losses blend into one, resigned shoulder shrug. It was exactly the same after the win at Bournemouth too ftr. They're not worth getting annoyed about any more, what happens will happen and I'll start to get enthused again once the cunt who owns us moves on. The club's in a coma and I'll visit every now and again but ultimately I'm waiting for it to wake again, could be another decade or so imo.

Guest neesy111

Quality ffs. Shit midfield, no goals up front, abject in central defence and at full back, goalkeeper fucking useless. I don't want to be negative but people really need to start seeing our side for what it is.

Agree with this, santoon was telling me we make good signings.  I was saying what good signings?!?