West Brom 1-0 Newcastle United - 28/12/15 - Post-match reaction from page 21

Greg

Any club with a bit of sense would sack McClaren after the run we've had, some for less. As usual we'll do nothing about it and hope we can escape at the end of the season with another carrot dangled by Ashley in order to save season ticket revenue from falling.

Crazy subs from McClaren.  Bring Perez off to end any kind of attacking threat when we need a goal and then give a flair player Thauvin  5 minutes at the end which is taken up by injuries and substitutions.  f***ing ridiculous. Colback and Dummett need binning sharpish.

Same old.. Colback, dummett and Colo need to be nowhere near the first team. The formation needs to change and we need a minimum of 5 new first team starters.

Spoilers* None of the above will happen.

Don't see what was so different to the last match. We were dominated by a side that was miles more threatening and eventually got the goal their performance deserved. We fashioned a couple of chances but ultimately their goalkeeper had hardly anything difficult to do. Should have had a penalty, but other than that it was fucking turgid crap once again. Subs too late to affect the game, too negative.

Bet Darlow throws one in. :lol:

Whoops.

two games two very very soft goals.When you gift such soft goals you cannot expect to win many ganes at this level. Going forward we are just one big embarrassment. we cannot keep playing the same midfield game after game .we have to try something different.

Most obviously penalty you'll ever see, refs looking straight at it, when was the last time we got a pen?

Mike Jones is an awful referee, he's so weak its unbelievable.

That said, I thought our performance was shameful and we deserved nowt

Performance was shit but we certainly deserved a pen and West Brom would have struggled to come back from that.

They had 22 shots and 18 corners, we were nowhere near unlucky, we were comprehensively outplayed by one of the shittest teams in the league.

Just says it all man. If you allow a team to have that much thrown at your goal you will risk losing. Even more so when you do fuck all at the other end.

Don't think we started that badly at all.  West Brom had a period of pressure with a clutch of corners after about 5 mins.  But other than that we looked ok up until Anita going off.  We were then utter shit, but still managed to come as close as West Brom to scoring for long periods, and should have been 1-0 up before they scored without pathetic refereeing.  Would we have deserved to be 1-0 up based on the performance over all?, no.  Would I have given a shit if it was deserved or not based on the run of play?, no.

Don't think we started that badly at all.  West Brom had a period of pressure with a clutch of corners after about 5 mins.  But other than that we looked ok up until Anita going off.  We were then utter shit, but still managed to come as close as West Brom to scoring for long periods, and should have been 1-0 up before they scored without pathetic refereeing.  Would we have deserved to be 1-0 up based on the performance over all?, no.  Would I have given a shit if it was deserved or not based on the run of play?, no.

We can't just keep hoping for undeserved wins though. We keep losing because other teams are playing better than us, against us, that only ends 1 way.

Guest neesy111

Most obviously penalty you'll ever see, refs looking straight at it, when was the last time we got a pen?

Mike Jones is an awful referee, he's so weak its unbelievable.

That said, I thought our performance was shameful and we deserved nowt

Performance was shit but we certainly deserved a pen and West Brom would have struggled to come back from that.

They've actually com back from a goal down on quite a few occasions this season.

We can't just keep hoping for undeserved wins though. We keep losing because other teams are playing better than us, against us, that only ends 1 way.

I'm not hoping for a undeserved win though, I'm just stating the fact that we should have been 1-0 up whether people think it would have been deserved or not.