West Brom 1-0 Newcastle United - 28/12/15 - Post-match reaction from page 21

Greg

have never liked the "praise publicly, criticize privately" mentality in any form of management. have to be honest and able to blast the under performers -even if it's yourself- in front of everyone from time to time

Nah, if you start criticising players publicly you're gone

have never liked the "praise publicly, criticize privately" mentality in any form of management. have to be honest and able to blast the under performers -even if it's yourself- in front of everyone from time to time

Aye, not specific players, I spoke poorly. It's just there's a pathological aversion to even acknowledging having a bad game and being self critical that seems to be part of a larger psychology about public positive thinking/messages/etc. I don't think Steve coming out and saying "yeah we weren't good enough full stop" would be a death sentence. Not that he'd ever be anyway.

It was never going to be good. It wasn't and we lost. Can't even stomach the effort to be annoyed.

It seems this is my NUFC life now.

Could see it coming a mile off that we'd lose in the sort of fashion that made the opposition look three times as good as they are. That's something that has always been way too common with the spine in this team in particular, dating back to Pardew's early days.

Aye, not specific players, I spoke poorly. It's just there's a pathological aversion to even acknowledging having a bad game and being self critical that seems to be part of a larger psychology about public positive thinking/messages/etc. I don't think Steve coming out and saying "yeah we weren't good enough full stop" would be a death sentence. Not that he'd ever be anyway.

Ah agree with that aye

I'm just bored now. Bored of being bored. Bored of being disappointed. Bored of us being shit.

It's been like this for fucking years, it's disgusting. The promotion season was great fun, the season after was interesting. After that, all I've had to enjoy has been the occasional time Ben Arfa was allowed to play properly. Aside from that, we've been shit for a decade. It's a disgrace.

Chris - this destruction over time has been calculated on the part of the owner. Is he any closer to selling up? Will he if we go down? Maybe is it about breaking the backs of the supporters, and killing the club for generations to come. Maybe he hasn't quite had his pound of flesh yet. :(

We were s*** before he took over. Sounness was nothing to do with him, neither was Allardyce. Roeder was little better. He's continued the s***, he didn't start it or create it.

That's not to say I'm any supporter of Ashley because I'm most certainly not, he has made and continues to make loads of mistakes.

We were s*** before he took over. Sounness was nothing to do with him, neither was Allardyce. Roeder was little better. He's continued the s***, he didn't start it or create it.

That's not to say I'm any supporter of Ashley because I'm most certainly not, he has made and continues to make loads of mistakes.

as long as he makes a profit ,mistakes don't matter, you never here of how many mistakes the likes of Branson have made only the positives

For all of Shepherd's mistakes, he wouldn't have tolerated what's gone on since we finished 5th.