Arsenal 1-0 Newcastle United - 2/1/16 - Post match reaction from page 26

Greg

-------------Tiote-------------

--------Siss------Gini---------

Thauvin-----------------Perez

-------------Mitro--------------

Could it work?

As long as Thauvin and Perez are both allowed freedom when we have possession then yes i don't see why not. But that's assuming McClaren isn't clueless tbf.

Could it work?

That's our best chance, IMO - it can't happen with Anita. If one of, if not both, Sissoko or Wijnaldum plays as a CM, they need a proper defensively-minded player with them.

Not convinced by Perez out wide at all mind.

Same. Simply doesn't have the pace or natural starting position. Could maybe play on the left in a 3 behind the striker, but any setup with more width would see him struggle imo.

Perez isn't a natural fit for the left but he's more natural out wide than Wijnaldum. He's a much more aggressive dribbler, is probably better picking it up in less congested areas (he's been caught overdoing it in central areas, recently, IMO) and has a decent cross on him - his left isn't bad either. It'd be great to see Thauvin get a run there with the remit of getting early balls into Mitrovic, though.

Didn't even show the De Jong overhead at the end. :lol:

Pants that. Shot on target, decent effort, right at the end. Should have been on.

It was actually a cracking effort and showed real technique.

What I would say after watching the game that Tiote is a big improvement on Anitia, Gini needs to play in the centre more.  we Defended better than we usually do apart from the goal.. Still think we need to buy at least one central midfielder a forward and a winger to stand any chance of avoiding the drop. Unlucky to loose, but if you do not take your chances then you cannot complain too much if you don't get anything from the game.

Howdy lads, Tiote has one decent are out of how many and now he's way better than Anita who everyone said was playing decent until his injury  :whistle:

It's not hard been better than Anitia to be honest as he offers  nothing to the team. Hopefully he will be replaced in this transfer window.

at the end of the day we can all be football managers and suggest who we should play where, but, unfortunatley the manager doesn't see it like we all see it so therefore our only option is someone who knows what they are doing whether at the top and bottom or accept the inevitable.

Tiote was far far more effective yesterday at least but I'll not ignore the fact he's been utter garbage prior. Hope he's back to where he was.

It's just his usual 'oh, look, he can tackle a bit' performance away to a big team. After this, he'll be trying to nutmeg people on the edge of our box and shooting from 40 yards out on his left foot first time. It's Tiote :lol:

After the first 10-15 we "dominated" as good as any. I would actually claim that we made Arsenal play bad (as compared to lots of others in herre who obv thinks Arsenal just played bad from the getgo - which they obv. didn't in ref. to the opening minutes).

Season best imho and I think if we continue down this path where it's somewhat controlled possession countering, then we will be good as long as we take SOME of the chances we receive in every match.

Looked like a whole new team out there today... and I'm actually amazed at what I saw. Was it SMC who made this happen? :o

similar things could be said for the performances vs Liverpool and Spurs but that was followed up with 1 point out of 9 vs Villa, Everton and WBA so no I wouldn't say its because of SMC and more by the players to try and impress any scouts watching.

Isolated maybe, as we suddenly showed up in those matches.

But when I claim season best I'm looking deeper, like the way players interacted, the possession/controlling of the game, the somewhat calmness to take some time instead of just hoofin n poofin like earlier blasting the ball upwards in the hope of something magical happening.

Again, I see claims Arsenal played badly... ok, they ran tracks over us for the first quarter, so they just thought - we can't take our chances, let's just have them play for a lil?

Still think we made them look bad, due to the organized pressure and interest to actually win the match and trying to do so.

That said, it's obv. there's a lack of vision in the centre of the pitch. We need atleast 1 there whom can see the passes that needs to be made forward instead of to the side or backwards which too often happens unf.

Also saw Colo both yellin and pointing fingers. Perez tackling like he was Tiote etc. Lots of glimpses today, which has not been seen in the mentioned Spurs and Pool matches imo.

We're still doomed tho., so it's not like it's all red roses and whatnot.

Could it work?

That wount work, Sissoko was not doing any good defending wise today, if so he needs to watch some Vieira videos first. Gini did OK, but I think he and Perez switched places today, putting Perez out wide and Gini in the CF role. But at this time, everything could be worth a gambool, I guess.

Perez and Thauvin needs to switch sides in that setup however, as that would mean crosses, if they play like that setup they will only go inside on each side - so that setup there wouldn't necessarily mean any more crosses in the box.

The midfield had balance yesterday which made a massive difference. You had one protecting the defence, one to keep the ball and the other to try and make something happen. It's not a coincidence we played better as a result. Upgrade Colback and Tiote to better versions and it's the way forward surely.