Arsenal 1-0 Newcastle United - 2/1/16 - Post match reaction from page 26

Greg

Arsenal were very poor today and we lost. We couldn't beat Villa at home and lost to Everton and West Brom. The teams around us are beating Villa and Norwich and Bournemouth have got themselves some momentum.

Bollocks with this we played well and are showing consistency. The only consistency we are showing is an inability to pick up enough points to avoid relegation. McClaren simply has to go. Sack him and see if we can beat Swansea to De Boer.

McClaren;

"We dominated the game, created chances but haven't scored. Spirit and effort was fantastic. As good a performance as we've had all season - controlled the game, plenty of agression and composure. Disappointed to have lost the game"

Refusing to answer the question when Lowes is asked if we are buying a centre-forward, when clearly we need one.

McClaren;

"We dominated the game, created chances but haven't scored. Spirit and effort was fantastic. As good a performance as we've had all season - controlled the game, plenty of agression and composure. Disappointed to have lost the game" Refusing to answer the question when Lowes is asked if we are buying a centre-forward, when clearly we need one.

That bodes well.

Arsenal were very poor today and we lost. We couldn't beat Villa at home and lost to Everton and West Brom. The teams around us are beating Villa and Norwich and Bournemouth have got themselves some momentum.

Bollocks with this we played well and are showing consistency. The only consistency we are showing is an inability to pick up enough points to avoid relegation. McClaren simply has to go. Sack him and see if we can beat Swansea to De Boer.

:thup: they were fucking dogshite and there for the taking. Probably didn't effect the result but why the fuck were we time wasting from about the 60th minute? Ridiculous respect.

Did we create loads of chances as per? That's the main thing.

One clear cut chance, IIRC - where Gini had a a 1-1 on Cech and the keeper saved. Rest were perhaps half-chances.

Mitro's one after Perez(I think) headed back across was pretty good

One clear cut chance, IIRC - where Gini had a a 1-1 on Cech and the keeper saved. Rest were perhaps half-chances.

1 chance a game should see us safe. We get points for those don't we?

1 chance a game should see us safe. We get points for those don't we?

Club's PR Dept will try to convince everyone that's the case. :)

The relegation has been on the horizon the last couple of seasons or more, none of the muppets that work at the club have the stones to tell Ashley he can't run it this way.  It will eventually catch up with you and the club will be relegated.   

We were the better team and unlike the West Brom or Everton game I think we deserved and should have had something out of the game. Other than the Wijnaldum one on one our chances were half chances at best though and we wasted a few decent opportunities. Arsenal just didn't get going at all mind, unlikely to see them offer so little again all season so it's hard to take too many positives as it was a missed chance at 3 points.

After the first 10-15 we "dominated" as good as any. I would actually claim that we made Arsenal play bad (as compared to lots of others in herre who obv thinks Arsenal just played bad from the getgo - which they obv. didn't in ref. to the opening minutes).

Season best imho and I think if we continue down this path where it's somewhat controlled possession countering, then we will be good as long as we take SOME of the chances we receive in every match.

Looked like a whole new team out there today... and I'm actually amazed at what I saw. Was it SMC who made this happen? :o

After the first 10-15 we "dominated" as good as any. I would actually claim that we made Arsenal play bad (as compared to lots of others in herre who obv thinks Arsenal just played bad from the getgo - which they obv. didn't in ref. to the opening minutes).

Season best imho and I think if we continue down this path where it's somewhat controlled possession countering, then we will be good as long as we take SOME of the chances we receive in every match.

Looked like a whole new team out there today... and I'm actually amazed at what I saw. Was it SMC who made this happen? :o

similar things could be said for the performances vs Liverpool and Spurs but that was followed up with 1 point out of 9 vs Villa, Everton and WBA so no I wouldn't say its because of SMC and more by the players to try and impress any scouts watching.