Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

If Colback absolutely must play I could almost handle him in a midfield three, alongside two actual footballers. We've had utter garbage in that sort of position before and it's been passable as a working triumvirate. His sideways/backways football wouldn't be as much of a hindrance alongside players with real attributes.

Well, it would, because we'd still be playing with 10 men.

He's upgrade on our CM options, but he won't displace Colback as McClaren doesn't have the bottle to drop him despite him being complete and utter dogshit.

I reckon we'll wind up going back to the 4-2-3-1 Pardew-esque bullshit which will completely limit Shelvey and continue to starve Mitro of service .

Colback

Shelvey

Sissoko

Ayoze

Wij

Mitro

He's upgrade on our CM options, but he won't displace Colback as McClaren doesn't have the bottle to drop him despite him being complete and utter dogshit.

I reckon we'll wind up going back to the 4-2-3-1 Pardew-esque bullshit which will completely limit Shelvey and continue to starve Mitro of service .

Colback

Shelvey

Sissoko

Ayoze

Wij

Mitro

Don't think Saivet will be sitting on the bench.

Colback

Shelvey

Sissoko

Ayoze

Wij

Mitro

I think Saivet, Colback and Shelvey will be in the middle with Wijnaldum and Sissoko on the wings. Perez up front with Mitro on the bench. It doesn't sound half bad tbh.

Colback

Shelvey

Sissoko

Ayoze

Wij

Mitro

I think Saivet, Colback and Shelvey will be in the middle with Wijnaldum and Sissoko on the wings. Perez up front with Mitro on the bench. It doesn't sound half bad tbh.

That team still has about as much width and quality crosses for Mitro as the width of hair on Shelvey's head.

Guest ManDoon

Not sure we'll suddenly switch to a 3 in midfield. Worst case I can see is Colback still starts every game and Saivet gets shunted out wide.

We won't i'm expecting Saivet on the bench and Shelvey for Tiote.

Same. I really hope not, but that's what I reckon as well.

Guest firetotheworks

Swansea fans seem bitter as fuck.

They really don't like. [emoji38]

Classic case of "so you think you're too good for us do you? Well fuck off to Newcastle you're shit anyway"

I really don't think it's that at all. He's been playing badly, hasn't been putting the effort in and has been dropped. If he'd done that here we'd be glad to see the back of him too.

I'm actually pretty sure McLaren is going to drop Colback. Blind optimism I guess.

Saivet Shelvey

Sissoko Wijnaldum Ayoze

Mitrovic

Yeah same here.

I'm actually pretty sure McLaren is going to drop Colback. Blind optimism I guess.

Saivet Shelvey

Sissoko Wijnaldum Ayoze

Mitrovic

Yeah same here.

Fucking hope so.

Though if Colback doesn't get a booking today, I think he'll play on Saturday as McClaren won't want to start both new signings straight away. Probably go for Shelvey/Colback until the latter picks up his suspension.

Saivet Shelvey

Sissoko Wijnaldum Ayoze

Mitrovic

Yeah same here.

what i was hoping....but can they (saivet and shelvey) work hard enough defensively?

Guest ManDoon

Saivet Shelvey

Sissoko Wijnaldum Ayoze

Mitrovic

Yeah same here.

what i was hoping....but can they (saivet and shelvey) work hard enough defensively?

Saivet primarily plays as a holding CM doesn't he. We only really need one.

Swansea fans seem bitter as fuck.

They really don't like. [emoji38]

Classic case of "so you think you're too good for us do you? Well fuck off to Newcastle you're shit anyway"

I really don't think it's that at all. He's been playing badly, hasn't been putting the effort in and has been dropped. If he'd done that here we'd be glad to see the back of him too.

Yeah he seems like he can be a stroppy cunt but hopefully that was just something that developed at Swansea and he'll make a fresh start here. If he shows that side of his character again his career will dive. I don't think anyone will touch him if it happens.

I honestly cannot stress enough how retarded McClaren and our transfer team must be if they'd sign a couple of central midfielders who aren't good enough to play in a midfield 2. I wouldn't be in any way surprised like.

Or if he continues to play Ginger Jack. Imagine how fucking depressing that would be.