Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

I honestly cannot stress enough how retarded McClaren and our transfer team must be if they'd sign a couple of central midfielders who aren't good enough to play in a midfield 2. I wouldn't be in any way surprised like.

Haha what s load of owld fucking shite man

Guest ManDoon

My main worry with him are the comments he's a MOTD player as we've had enough of those, then again I've watched full games he's played and have been impressed. We'll know by the time we get relegated I reckon.

Same here. He's undoubtably better than what we've got  but that's pretty much my main worry as well

No one's said that they care about the price, they're just talking about worth.

:thup: Cheers. And I don't think he's good enough for a value of £12m - the fact he's an England international means nothing, unless you've never heard of Carlton Palmer.

Assuming we still pay in full up front, given the position Swansea are in (dropping down the league, in need of a change, maybe wanting funds to attract their next manager etc) you can imagine them being quite keen to take £12m for a player that doesn't want to give everything for them any more.

I would imagine they'd demand at least £15m for him ordinarily.

You look at matches like tonight; games where we're nearly good enough to win games - it gets you excited about signings like this. He's such an upgrade on the toss we've currently got.

We sign him 7 days ago and he plays tonight instead of colback and its 2 more points.

Can't believe we keep waiting till the window is well under way before making moves. Stupid cunts.