Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Normally captain should either go to an outstanding leader or else someone who is at least respected by all. We definitely don't have a leader and I doubt any of our players are universally liked either

Lascelles will end up being club captain eventually.

A picture tells a thousand words...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/04/09/23/330085D300000578-0-image-m-36_1460241503509.jpg

Swansea haven't looked back since getting shot.

It's something someone mentioned on our forum, Shelvey being in the team forced Siggy to be moved from his best position, since Shelvey's gone Siggy has had the run of his best area of play and returned to his best form.

I honestly thought Shelvey would save your season as he is a very good player when his mind is right.

Monk lost his job though by trying to build a team around him.

What really makes me hate him is his final month when he got a strop on, he made zero effort and it could be seen, he stated he wanted out because he was dropped, the truth was he was injured for a game and refused to be on the bench the next game and after that he decided he wanted out and showed how unprofessional he is on the field of play.

He threw the game against Palace and went through the motions against Oxford, watching a 4th division player as he run past him to score.

Such a waste of talent, why couldn't someone who gives  a damn be given that talent.

Lascelles will end up being club captain eventually.

A picture tells a thousand words...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/04/09/23/330085D300000578-0-image-m-36_1460241503509.jpg

That really does as well :lol:

I still think he's a good player and I'm struggling to pin too much blame onto him given he's basically joined a sinking ship.  His range of passing requires players to actually want the ball and be moving for it otherwise he's just wasted. The West Ham and West Brom game really stood out for him when a few players made actual runs.

Aside from the Watford, Chelsea and obviously the weekend I think his work rate has arguably been as good as anyone our team.. Not that it's anything to shout about.

Bought because of his passport not his talent. Awful footballer

:thup:

His range of passing isn't even that good, his workrate is shocking (no worse than quite a few others though in our shithouse of a team) and athletically he's like an asthmatic sloth. Every now and then his Hollywood passes come off...but I remember him at Swansea scoring a few (or at least hitting the target) from distance, he's not even come close to that for us. I don't see where his supposed technical ability is, based on performances so far

Shelvey signed a five-and-a-half year contract in January, but does not have a clause that automatically reduces his salary if the club drop out of the Premier League.

The England midfielder is determined to stay on Tyneside, whatever the outcome of Newcastle’s relegation battle after securing regular first-team football since his £12million move from Swansea.

I am sure these two sentences are not linked in any way.

He'll probably get sent off.  He's made a couple of pretty hefty, late tackles since we signed him and he's a bit careless with his elbows.  Flails his arms about a lot.  He's either pointing or trying to hit one of the opposition. 

He'll probably get sent off.  He's made a couple of pretty hefty, late tackles since we signed him and he's a bit careless with his elbows.  Flails his arms about a lot.  He's either pointing or trying to hit one of the opposition. 

He can't get a 2 match ban anymore for getting booked can he? Deadline was 10th April I think?

Guest firetotheworks

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3534150/Neymar-contract-released-Football-Leaks-shows-Barcelona-forward-earns-just-77-000-week-153m-buyout-clause.html

In other news, we'll be paying £3k/week more for Shelvey in the Championship than Barcelona are paying Neymar. :lol:

I keep seeing this and it's a bit annoying because although it's true, it ignores the bit where Neymar got a gargantuan signing on fee.