Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

It's an incredibly thick and ignorant thing to do like if found to be true. I suspect they'll wanna  keep the league entertaining and free from one team steam rolling it though as obviously it plays into the hands of Sky and their entertainment business.

All in all he should be banned and for several games if true and if not, this should be put to bed quickly if there's no evidence. If there evidence to the contrary proving clear innocence then just ban their players for a game [emoji38]

Seriously ?

There are a couple of things that do not sit right at the moment:

1. Why has it taken 7 weeks for the FA to charge him for such a serious offence?

2. IF Shelvey said something, why did not a single player react to it? If I overheard someone racially abusing my team mate, I'd definitely have something to say like.

3. If Shelvey does deny it, you'd have expected a strong statement from both him and NUFC to that point. The Chronicle reporting that they are 'considering' an appeal? I'm sorry but if someone accused me of being racist when I wasn't, I'd be appealing it immediately.

It seems bizarre that Shelvey would have done this, but if he has he deserves everything that he gets and a popular player would have just ruined his reputation with the fans. I for one would struggle to stand and support a racist like, we're not Chelsea.

Hoping it is not true, but because of point 3 above - I fear that it is.

If he gets hit with a lengthy ban, then how about a short term deal for a certain midfielder who is now a free agent after a stint in L.A and who worked superbly under Rafa at Liverpool......................

If he gets hit with a lengthy ban, then how about a short term deal for a certain midfielder who is now a free agent after a stint in L.A and who worked superbly under Rafa at Liverpool......................

Get it out their on Twitter Paully.

Great ... more Colback. Just fantastic. This is exactly what we need.

I wasn't too bothered when I read the news as I thought it's a good chance for us to experiment a bit and see how we cope without him...but then I forgot about fucking Colback.

Annoying that it's taken 6 weeks for him to be charged. What exactly was the delay? Wolves apparently reported it immediately to the referee, who's report would have went to the FA shortly after...

This lad who Shelvey allegedly said something about doesn't even speak English, so not sure what he could have done to upset Shelvey.

Shelvey plays with and against multiple ethnicities week in, week out. Strange if he has suddenly decided to racially abuse a random player who doesn't speak the language.

He's obviously quality and the only player of his kind in our squad. Somehow i'm still more worried about the negative effect this could have on our current players than the difference in quality we will be missing. I don't mean this as they'll perform worse because of what he literally might have said. More like us without Shelvey might affect the players in the way that they don't feel superior in the same way without Shelvey in the team. Having a dominant player like Shelvey in midfield raises everyone's game i think. Hopefully our other players will step up an extra level IF he gets a lengthy ban.

Even with one of our best players out of the team for around a month I'd still trust Rafa's guidance, ability to organize the team and his expert tactical knowledge to see us through and stay on course for promotion.

The best manager's do well with even the shitist of players (like Colback and Dummet). Bobby Robson had bloody Bramble at CB but didn't stop him guiding us to the champions league last 16 (or second group stage as it was back then :rolleyes:)