Newcastle United vs West Ham United - 16/01/16 @ 3pm (No TV)

Nobody

A draw would be OK, West Ham in very good form.

na it wouldn't, we need to start winning games.

Yeah we do, but we cannot be going into games vs teams in good form, sitting top 7 and expecting to win.

From what I've seen of West Ham this season they seem happy to soak up a lot of pressure and the let Payet/10 and the quick forwards do their thing on the counter and from set pieces. They're a pretty athletic team n all so I can't see this changing for us even though they're obvious favourites and in good form. While we need to start winning I don't think a draw is the worst result as at least it keeps our very slow positive momentum going.

Must-win games don't really exist imo, especially in January. Other than games you mathematically need to win to not go down. If there was such a thing as must-win then Sunderland would been relegated 4 or 5 years straight. Anything can happen, particularly for a team like ours that is set up to counter attack.

[emoji38] This is pissing me off now, what are people's definitions of a must-win game?

Like, what happens if we don't win it? We will definitely go down even though there are 16 games left and we're only a few points adrift?

I'm not having a pop or committing myself one way or the other on whether we'll go down or not, but must-win games in January when we're not completely fucked yet FFS.

I'm gonna send this on to McClaren for his team talk. "Chill lads".

[emoji38] This is pissing me off now, what are people's definitions of a must-win game?

Like, what happens if we don't win it? We will definitely go down even though there are 16 games left and we're only a few points adrift?

I'm not having a pop or committing myself one way or the other on whether we'll go down or not, but must-win games in January when we're not completely f***ed yet FFS.

I'm gonna send this on to McClaren for his team talk. "Chill lads".

I think the worry is a gap will start to open up. Tough fixtures coming up and confidence will only go downhill the longer we wait for a win. Obviously we're not down if we dont but there has to come a point where you start winning games.

Colback will probably start and Saviet will probably come off bench late in second half.

Perez i really think has great potential but agree he may need a rest. Save for an impact sub role.

Aarons could be immense and is definitely worth another shot while he is fit.

Elliott   

Mbember  Colo  Dummet

Jaanmaat                           

Shelvey    Colback/Tiote?

Sissoko                                Aarons

Gini

Mitrovic

Would like to see something like:

------------------Elliott--------------------

Janmaat - Mbemba - Colo - Dummett

Sissoko - Saivet - Shelvey - Thauvin

---------------Winjaldum-----------------

----------------Mitrovic--------------------

Perez as sub to replace either one of Thauvin, Winjaldum or Mitrovic.

Would like to see something like:

------------------Elliott--------------------

Janmaat - Mbemba - Colo - Dummett

Sissoko - Saivet - Shelvey - Thauvin

---------------Winjaldum-----------------

----------------Mitrovic--------------------

Perez as sub to replace either one of Thauvin, Winjaldum or Mitrovic.

Don't think Saivet will start as well as Shelvey as he has no prem league experience.

Thauvin i am not sure we will be seeing him in this game ...or for a while. Possibly being sent back to France.