Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

As Hans put it, I can't be arsed to HATE Andros Townsend like. He was an obvious stupid idiot going off to Palace and that was as obvious then as it is now. I wouldn't be arsed if he didn't come back, but it would be a big boost for our promotion, and that's more important to me than disloyalty in a game where loyalty doesn't exist anyway.

:thup:

I'd definitely take him back.

He came across very well while here, certainly well enough to think he'd know the potential consequences of him liking that tweet, so it could be a good sign.

Fathead likes his own players, look how many he signed in his short stint here, and Palace spent 50M in the summer so there mightn't be much cash for him to get them. That could be a factor too.

The blokes probably only liked it to show he liked it here, possibly not that he wants to come back, like "thanks for wanting me back" type thing.

This. He's probably just liked it because it's about him. Would have him back though fwiw.

Mixed feelings. Horrible behaviour from the little twerp in the summer, but promotion....

Horrible behaviour is like Sissoko's antics. Townsend was nowt like that. I'd take him back if the price is right.

Obviously he's nowhere near Sissoko levels of unadulterated evil but he did do a bit of a Delph in the summer, claiming he was stopping after the relegation.

It's true that his commitment on the pitch could never be questioned.

You'd have Moussa back at this point

I get the draw of staying a Premier League player and living close to home/friends the anonymity of London etc. He wasn't here long enough to build any kind of life. I felt it was a bad decision for him professionally to go to Palace, and bad for us to lose him. He had put in some good performances with glimpses of the exceptional. I think it would have been great for Andros to have a team rely on him, for once. Whilst he's missed that boat, he would scare the s*** out of most Championship defenders and really help breakdown the 'everybody and their granny behind the ball' tactics we're regularly facing. Come back and show everyone what you can do if given the chance.

Mixed feelings. Horrible behaviour from the little twerp in the summer, but promotion....

Horrible behaviour is like Sissoko's antics. Townsend was nowt like that. I'd take him back if the price is right.

Obviously he's nowhere near Sissoko levels of unadulterated evil but he did do a bit of a Delph in the summer, claiming he was stopping after the relegation.

Moussa can go and anally butcher himself with an aubergine, for all I care... There's a Moussaka joke in their somewhere, but I've disgusted myself too much with that imagery to think... :anguish:

If we can get him back on loan for rest of season that would be great. Obviously don't like how he left, but he could be difference between automatic promotion spot or not. There's too much at stake to be precious about him coming back.

Nah.

Allardyce will want hard cash, hence their willingness to sell. I can't see there being a chance of a loan.

It's probably going to take the 12m or so that they paid us. Personally, I can't see it happening.

It all depends on how much of the original fee was paid back and then the complexity of how it goes through the books in the same account year as far as im concerned.

Im not in any way clued up on book value and all this she-ite but you just know it's right up there in the thoughts of Jabba.

At a guess, the outstanding transfer fee could be anything from £1.5m to £6m but that's before thinking that them upstairs haven't  done a Freddie Shepherd and earmarked future incomes from the original transfer as guaranteed incomes that then wouldn't be.

Anyone still with me?  :frantic: :frantic:

Guest Howaythetoon

He can fuck off, it would send out the wrong signal. Oh you were too good for the Championship were you, but now you're back because it didn't work out and you want to be part of our group? That's what I'd think if I was a player for us. Again fuck him, he made a piss poor decision and it's biting him on the arse and good.

He can f*** off, it would send out the wrong signal. Oh you were too good for the Championship were you, but now you're back because it didn't work out and you want to be part of our group? That's what I'd think if I was a player for us. Again f*** him, he made a p*ss poor decision and it's biting him on the arse and good.

This. And over time we'll grow incredibly frustrated with his one-dimensional trick.

I agree with HTT but also think he'd be a good signing. :lol:

I mean, he'd clearly improve us so you have to vote 'Yes'... but there's also definitely something very funny about him spending years struggling to find a club where he fits in, becoming a huge fan favourite here and then immediately pushing for a move that's ruined his career again. :lol:

If there's nobody else we can get then yeah, I'd have him back. If possible though I'd rather get someone else and watch his career keep swirling in the toilet. Sometimes it's nice to see people punished for making stupid choices.