Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just seen this, meh. He didn’t want to be here last time and fucked off as soon as he had the chance.

Having said that, he was good for us during his short time at the club.

I have no issue with him coming back, or breaking our transfer record for him. It might feel shit having Andros Townsend as our record buy but ultimately, it's the most worthless transfer record of any PL club. And it's Michael fucking Owen. :lol: It's not like he'd be taking the mantle from Shearer.

It essentially means Kenedy's a no go if this happens though. Whilst I'm unsurprised, I'm still sad.

Also don't like that it's looking like Ritchie is getting shipped out as a result. I think he offers a lot more than just on the pitch. Maybe I'm being judgemental but I can't imagine Townsend has the same kind of big personality that it seems Ritchie has.

It essentially means Kenedy's a no go if this happens though. Whilst I'm unsurprised, I'm still sad.

Based on reports, this doesn't seem to be the case.

I genuinely don't comprehend the dislike of Townsend for leaving. He wanted to play PL football, owed us nothing and he would have hardly been the expert on Pardew that we all were.

Would love him back, one of the best wingers we've had in a long while, even if was only for a few months. Kenedy and Townsend would be great.

I genuinely don't comprehend the dislike of Townsend for leaving. He wanted to play PL football, owed us nothing and he would have hardly been the expert on Pardew that we all were.

Would love him back, one of the best wingers we've had in a long while, even if was only for a few months. Kenedy and Townsend would be great.

:thup:

I think we’ll get both. Murphy and Atsu as cover, I think that’s a good set.

I know I'm just being silly here but being really greedy, get shot of Atsu and keep Ritchie and Murphy as back up for the wings. Could even end up with something crazy like genuine competition for a place in the starting line up. Or better yet, the ability to rotate the squad without risking completely knacking up the game plan.

I know I'm just being silly here but being really greedy, get shot of Atsu and keep Ritchie and Murphy as back up for the wings. Could even end up with something crazy like genuine competition for a place in the starting line up. Or better yet, the ability to rotate the squad without risking completely knacking up the game plan.

That would cost more money and we know the fat man will never agree to that.

Ritchie for Townsend would be an odd move for me, I'd like to think we're getting Kenedy in in that case because of not we'll be losing the only wide player that has more quality on the ball vs pace.

Townsend and Kenedy as our two wide players would be unreal. We'll probably end up with neither, but if selling Ritchie allowed us to put those two in our team I'd sell like a shot.

Also requires Ritchie being satisfied with warming the bench for large chunks of the season, which I doubt he'd go along with.

Just seen this, meh. He didn’t want to be here last time and f***ed off as soon as he had the chance.

Can't say I'm arsed whether anything happens or not.

Just seen this, meh. He didn’t want to be here last time and f***ed off as soon as he had the chance.

Can't say I'm arsed whether anything happens or not.

Yup, underwhelming.

I was furious when he left for Pardew, but I'm assuming if he comes back he must have realised what an insane decision it was. His career has gone backwards since, it would make total sense to come back and let Rafa pick him back up. Don't want him if it's a replacement for Kenedy though, although that might be out of our hands anyway.

Thing is most players and the media don't see or want to see what Pardew is, players in general like him. It's the same with Fat Sam, backwards football just more effective than Pardew's, but as i said most players seem to like playing for them.

Seems like the few months he spent here were the exception rather than the rule tbh, would be risky in that respect. We do need as much pace in attacking positions as possible mind, the way we often play in the top league.

Thing is most players and the media don't see or want to see what Pardew is, players in general like him. It's the same with Fat Sam, backwards football just more effective than Pardew's, but as i said most players seem to like playing for them.

The West Brom players demonstrably hated Pardew.

I don’t care at all about the manner in which he left, but it’s a pretty underwhelming link nonetheless. Hopefully Rafa would help him replicate his form from the loan spell.

Wish we’d make bold moves, like targeting Colombia’s Quintero or Cueva from Peru.

The West Brom players demonstrably hated Pardew.

I said most not all, luckily for football clubs from now on West Brom and their players should have finished him in management for good.

I don’t care at all about the manner in which he left, but it’s a pretty underwhelming link nonetheless. Hopefully Rafa would help him replicate his form from the loan spell.

Wish we’d make bold moves, like targeting Colombia’s Quintero or Cueva from Peru.

I think making an £18m bid for Townsend is a pretty bold move like. Not that I'm convinced it's actually happened. :lol:

Also requires Ritchie being satisfied with warming the bench for large chunks of the season, which I doubt he'd go along with.

You both make good points, which sum up the uphill battle of trying to improve this football club. The prevailing culture at NUFC is such that watching the pennies is seen as a priority and the idea of having three players of genuine first team quality (Murphy being the odd one out) to rotate between / fight for two positions is seen as something of a luxury or something players won't agree to. At other clubs, who do daft things like try to progress in the cups, it's seen as the bare minimum.

Guest Howaythetoon

Townsend can fuck off, compare his attitude to Ritchie who did drop down a level. Townsend had he not been so short sighted and selfish might be in Russia now had he stayed with us because he was improving all the time under Rafa and becoming a very good player. He has actually recessed since then and as much as I wanted him when we got him and value some of his qualities, I’d rather keep Ritchie and develop Murphy who could be a batter player than Townsend.

Guest neesy111

Have we ever sold a player and signed him back this way? Not counting like youth players we let go.

Beardsley but he had played for 2 different clubs.

Robbie Elliot we got back on a free.