Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

He's honestly like your first real girlfriend/love.

You stand in awe of them, then ask them out. In this case he said yeah. You have a few dates and things look positive (good performances/results), you hit a little snag by trying a risky joke (getting relegated) and hope you haven't ruined things, they then get back in touch and everything is fine. Now you're waiting for a few more dates, you have one special one in mind and they have agreed to stay at yours/you stay at theirs/hotel and seal the deal. Now all you have to do is go through your date and do things right and you get to hit a home run (win a trophy), in the mean time everything they say leaves you in awe.

:mackems:

Would you take an ex girlfriend back after she’d been passed around a bit? ? You might be getting back an older, out of her prime version of what you knew. But you can be safely reassured that she’s way more experienced now.

Ritchie is a loyal servant to the club. We should give him the chance to play in a better side than what we gave him in the first 6 months of the season. He has more potential to reach.

The club in this case should repay back that loyalty. Part of a squad that got us 10th.

Andros, you chose Pardew over Rafa. You obviously thick mercenary cunt. No thanks. Go try and get back in the England squad with one of the small London clubs.

Jesus, that is the shittest analogy every.

:lol:

Ritchie was poor for a lot of last season. I understand the qualities that he brings such as being a leader and protecting Yedlin but based on what Rafa got out of Townsend I'd take him over Ritchie in a heartbeat.

Pity we're not allowed to invest in the first team whilst having a competitive squad.

Would you take an ex girlfriend back after she’d been passed around a bit? ? You might be getting back an older, out of her prime version of what you knew. But you can be safely reassured that she’s way more experienced now.

Ritchie is a loyal servant to the club. We should give him the chance to play in a better side than what we gave him in the first 6 months of the season. He has more potential to reach.

The club in this case should repay back that loyalty. Part of a squad that got us 10th.

Andros, you chose Pardew over Rafa. You obviously thick mercenary cunt. No thanks. Go try and get back in the England squad with one of the small London clubs.

Jesus, that is the shittest analogy every.

:lol:

Sheer bollocks on him to come in and say that knowing fine well what he'd posted before. :lol:

Bullshit. I have a reputation as the forums idiot to upkeep. What excuse does Odin have?

Just calling it as I see it. I don’t want Ritchie sold on at the expense of bringing a mercenary in. No matter how much better he may seem on paper.

I think Ritchie can make a difference this season and improve. He’ll never walk out on us for bloody Pardew, that’s for sure.

Bullshit. I have a reputation as the forums idiot to upkeep. What excuse does Odin have?

Just calling it as I see it. I don’t want Ritchie sold on at the expense of bringing a mercenary in. No matter how much better he may seem on paper.

I think Ritchie can make a difference this season and improve. He’ll never walk out on us for bloody Pardew, that’s for sure.

Given the offer of PL football vs Championship football PLUS higher wages... he'd go immediately tbh.

The big problem for me in swapping Ritchie for Townsend is that Ritchie’s a decent and reliable finisher in the box. Man U and Arsenal at home 2 important examples. Townsend seems to be more like Kieron Dyer with his inside the box finishing, not composed and very hit and miss. Outside the box he can dig like but still we need to guarantee the few clear cut openings we create in the box are buried and Ritchie does that better in my view.

Ritchie only scored 3 goals all season, I'm not sure how he can be classed as a reliable finisher on that basis.

Given that Townsend scored 4 in 13 in a McClaren side that was relegated I'd like to see him in a side full of Rafa's players not coming off the back of 4-5 months of devastation.

I do like Ritchie a lot, but the prospect of having Kenedy and Townsend on the wings would frighten a lot of defences.  A lot of pace and trickery, whereas Ritchie just doesn't have that yard of pace to actually beat his man.

Ritchie was a passenger for half of the season. I like him a lot but he's definitely someone to be upgraded upon. As always, the question will be whether we reinvest.

I know Townsend left with a bit of a sour taste, but he's the best winger we've had since Ben Arfa by quite a distance, imo. Kenedy is a no-brainer who will be a very good player (potentially world class) & was important last season, but he wasn't on the same level as Townsend was for us. Having both of them would be a treat, in the short term. Although, I have high hopes for Murphy this year.