Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Bert Shaft

50 games at Tottenham in 7 years, next best is 22 at Leyton , then 15 games for Birmingham. Seems like the bloke has an incredibly itchy arse or a severe dose of wanderlust.

What next, 14 games for Palace after playing 2nd fiddle to Bolasie and Zaha then a loan move to Stevenage. Serve the cunt right if it turns out that way.  :jesuswept:

Guest ElCid

He has gone to a nothing club so be it and no doubt he will get it in the neck off the crowd when he returns at some point and deservedly so after his/his fathers comments from when the season had ended. At least Sissoko and Gini have had the balls to say they wanted to leave.

Love his quote mind "Hopefully he can take my game to another level and build on the great start to the season they had last year" concerning Pardew - what f***ing planet is he on if he thinks that.

Only criticism I have is why the f*** we didn't tell him to f*** off when he insisted on that contract clause although Charnley is now admitting that was an error.

You'd think we'd have stopped agreeing to these stupid release clauses after Demba Ba.

It was an essential part of convincing people to sign for us I would think. Do well for a while, we'll sell you to someone else.

It should stop now under Rafa.

He has gone to a nothing club so be it and no doubt he will get it in the neck off the crowd when he returns at some point and deservedly so after his/his fathers comments from when the season had ended. At least Sissoko and Gina have had the balls to say they wanted to leave.

Love his quote mind "Hopefully he can take my game to another level and build on the great start to the season they had last year" concerning Pardew - what fucking planet is he on if he thinks that.

Only criticism I have is why the fuck we didn't tell him to fuck off when he insisted on that contract clause although Charnley is now admitting that was an error.

Build on the start of last season? Have I missed the invention of time travel?

Could have been a legend for us. Dominated that league, learned from Rafa and been one of the main men in a Rafa team. Good luck to him, I hope he achieves nothing at Palace as long as his manager is Alan "one day" Pardew.

quote in case people cant get on it

I’d like to put on record my sincerest thanks to the manager, board and fans of Newcastle United for the warmth and support they have shown me since I joined in January. Please believe me when I say that this has been an incredibly difficult decision and one I have not taken lightly.

I signed for Newcastle fully aware of the task at hand and it was my absolute desire to keep the club in the Premier League. I hope the fans could see that from day one I gave everything I possibly could during the season and never once gave up on the fight for survival. That’s why it was so hard when despite those efforts we fell short.

The future for Newcastle is very bright, with some great young players and an outstanding Manager who I have the utmost respect for. However, after talking at length with the Manager and Managing Director I have made the decision to leave the club based purely on footballing reasons, with my wish to remain in the Premier League.

I remain humbled by the support of the fans during my time at Newcastle and wish everyone associated with the club success for the future. The fans deserve a winning team and I fully expect to see the club promoted back to the Premier League at the first attempt. Thank You.

Good on him for that, more than most will do/say when they fuck off

At least we found out he was a mercenary c*** early on and got our money back. No harm done, now we can focus on bringing players here who understand what this football club is about and want to be part of something great.

Is this serious? LOL what an awful post.

It's from my perspective as a Newcastle fan, obviously being a Palace fan yourself you may view differently.

You can only understand things from your own perspective?

He's a mercenary cunt because he's joined a fairly established PL club?

Out of all our signings in recent years few seem to genuinely work as hard and understand what this club is about then Townsend.  I believe he joined us in the first place as he felt we should be able to stay up, he could get back into the England squad and we would be a fantastic club for him going forward. 

We've been relegated.  He's in the prime of his career.  He did his best to keep us here.  He deserves to play in the PL this season. 

Comments like yours feed into this notion that football fans but especially Newcastle fans are fickle. 

If a good player leaves to play at a higher level or for a bigger club = mercenary cunt. 

Grow up mate.

Especially?

Nah.

Maybe not as well put as that.  But I'm sure a lot of players come out with similar comments when they leave?

I feel a bit 'meh' about his message to the fans.  He does come across as a stand up guy, from the little I have seen and heard from him.  But if he genuinely believes that stuff, why has he left?  To go and play under Pardew's tutelage, of all people?  I'm sure from staying up here for a short while, he would have heard some odd things about Pardew?  Maybe like Cabaye, he thinks he'll get an easy ride? 

I think it boils down to more money and being back in London, personally.  He must realise there is quite a high chance we could get promoted and Palace could go down?

I realise that this is nothing new, but I'm slightly concerned at the number of players we are going to have to buy and then bed into our team before the season starts.  It's quite conceivable that we will lose Cisse, Tiote, Sissoko, Wijnaldum, Janmaat, Coloccini, Townsend, Krul and Thauvin at a bare minimum and might struggle to keep hold of Perez and Mbemba.

Another player who was superb at free kicks leaves us.

Is Matt Ritchie any good at set pieces?

Far better than Townsend.  His delivery is brilliant.

EDIT: I mean his set pieces and crossing are.  I don't mean he is a far better player.

Another player who was superb at free kicks leaves us.

Is Matt Ritchie any good at set pieces?

Yes, his are very good. Saw a clip of his for Bournemouth's promotion season, and his delivery is fantastic.

I realise that this is nothing new, but I'm slightly concerned at the number of players we are going to have to buy and then bed into our team before the season starts.  It's quite conceivable that we will lose Cisse, Tiote, Sissoko, Wijnaldum, Janmaat, Coloccini, Townsend, Krul and Thauvin at a bare minimum and might struggle to keep hold of Perez and Mbemba.

I suppose it is a bit of a concern.  But towards the end of the season, are back 5 looked pretty solid.  So Krul, Colo and Janmaat leaving, would hardly be the end of the world.  They either didn't feature, or the team improved when they were missing. 

Tiote is a strange one.  As he has been in and out the side for a long while and only seems to turn up in certain game situations or when he feels like it.  With him always being absent, I don't think it would be a huge loss. 

Cisse, see Tiote. 

Thauvin barely played, not really a loss. 

Sissoko and Wijnaldum are arguably our most talented players.  Yet last season, plenty were saying they should have been dropped.  With their attitudes, perhaps we would be btter served replacing them? 

It's a shitter we're losing Townsend, but it's not massively unexpected.  Plus, he had only been here 6 months.  So he would have had his own bedding in period. 

I think if we were to keep most the back 4 together, and 4-5 more advanced players, even only 2-3 starters.  Then I don't think it will be a huge issue.  Especially if we get a lot of players in early and have a full pre-season under Rafa.  Think how much he changed under his tenure, after only a few games.  With the same group of failures that McClaren was working with? 

I'm sure he'll be alright getting some new players to gel, after working with them before the season even starts  O0 

If we end up with 9 new starters come August, then I might be a bit worried.

He's made the worst choice by moving to Palace.

Not particularly mad, cos he will realise himself what a daft move it was within 6 months.

Absolutely nailed it.

Agreed.

I'm not upset either, just surprised he thinks that's a good career move.