Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

That formation suggests he is better than Perez?  Not sure how any one can come to that conclusion.

Not better, but more suited to the formation that have been playing. Perez is one of my favorite players, but he is not at his best in that wide left slot. Needs to be more central to get the best out of him.

I'm not sure it's as back and white as that mind, do we even know if he can cross a ball? Ben Arfa was a better right winger than Sissoko and he was left footed, and Sissoko is good.

Don't know about his crossing but he can get by defenders which you want from a winger, and he's got some pace which will offer more on the counter. Perez is a better player, but he's not a winger.

Anyone remember him covering the World Cup when he was off injured. He came across slightly more intelligent than your average footballer. I think a bit of football intelligence is important on the pitch. One thing I get sick of is some of the decision making in our team in key areas. You think its going to be a goal on the break and they do something thick. It can make the difference.

Guest firetotheworks

Anyone remember him covering the World Cup when he was off injured. He came across slightly more intelligent than your average footballer. I think a bit of football intelligence is important on the pitch. One thing I get sick of is some of the decision making in our team in key areas. You think its going to be a goal on the break and they do something thick. It can make the difference.

Not that I'm disagreeing with you but I think football intelligence and real life intelligence are different. Boumsong has a degree in Physics for example, whilst Woodgate was an excellent decision maker on the field. It's a weird one.

He's far more switched on with the ball when under pressure than Sissoko. Didn't see much of the ball first half due to all our attacks going down the right, just didn't see any good end product from him all night though. Passing in final third ropey too.