Andros Townsend

lovejoy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wiltshire and Henderson barely kicked a ball all season yet they are going??

I was at the match on Friday last week in Sunderland, Henderson was absolutely shattered by the end of it.  It will take at least 10 full matches before he is up to full match fitness...  Wiltshire has every chance of breaking into 1000 pieces (along with Sturridge) leaving the squad depleted and completely lacking a plan B....

Gutted for Townsend, if anyone deserved a shout it was him.

Townsend's form probably came too late. Drinkwater not going is an absolute disgrace tbf.

Leaves them with only one defensive midfielder as well. Who sits deep if Dier goes down, Henderson?

I don't really see the point in taking five out-and-out strikers. Sturridge should be probably be left home on form, Townsend would've made sense as a true wide fret.

Don't have the wingers to play a standard 4-4-2. Options are limited in the 4-3-3, with really only Sterling and Lallana as the wide forwards. 4-4-2 diamond probably makes the most sense.

I wouldn't take Barkley or Sturridge, probably not Wilshere, Henderson or Sterling either. I'm aware that leaves a lot of gaps!

I would pick international teams almost completely based on form.

Hard to argue with any of those tbh.

Teams who actually win the tournaments don't pick their players on form either like. There has to be a ballance, but I think Wilshire's inclusion is mental given he's been injured for as long as I can remember.

Gary Ballance? Confuse the Slovaks with a bit of leg-break at the death.

Teams who actually win the tournaments don't pick their players on form either like. There has to be a ballance, but I think Wilshire's inclusion is mental given he's been injured for as long as I can remember.

Aye, Klose and Podolski in particular spring to mind.  Always good for Germany but club form would drastically fluctuate. 

Imagine some of the stupid exclusions/inclusions over the years if you picked based on form alone. Has to be a balance, as Hans says.

Obviously, but the balance on this occasion is between a key player in a championship winning side and someone who doesn't actually play football.

Edit: Actually, that's what hans said. Aye.

That squad offers very little variety, at some point you'd expect that we'll need something from the bench with 20 minutes or so left and what we'll have is a variant of who has been substituted. I'd have taken Townsend and I'd gave also taken Carroll. Assuming everyone stays fit Rashford will not get a game and Sturridge being the lazy selfish git that he is would operate best up top by himself with Rooney having to do his donkey work behind him.

I can see Vardy being used as the something different from the bench being asked to play wider to a more central Kane or Sturridge.

Hodgson is lining himself up for a shit load of criticism if we go out due an inability to change games.

:thup:

Germany picking Schweinsteiger, Spain taking Fabregas, etc.