C*CK P*SS P*RDEW

themanupstairs

Excellent  :lol:

“You see how quickly your profile can change in the Premier League, it changes dramatically,” said Pardew when he was appointed West Brom manager in November. “I look at Sean Dyche now, his profile is really high and he’s doing superbly, and mine isn’t at the moment. I’ve just walked into a club so I need to get my flag up the pole.” He proceeded to remove his flag entirely, then tear it into ribbons and burn it, producing ashes so radioactive the urn had to be lined with lead before he buried it extraordinarily deep in an astonishingly remote location. Eighteen games and eight points later it was almost – if not, given Pardew’s apparently brilliantly-honed chairman-seducing interview patter, entirely – certain that Pardew’s flag would never see the pole again.

“You see how quickly your profile can change in the Premier League, it changes dramatically,” said Pardew when he was appointed West Brom manager in November. “I look at Sean Dyche now, his profile is really high and he’s doing superbly, and mine isn’t at the moment. I’ve just walked into a club so I need to get my flag up the pole.” He proceeded to remove his flag entirely, then tear it into ribbons and burn it, producing ashes so radioactive the urn had to be lined with lead before he buried it extraordinarily deep in an astonishingly remote location. Eighteen games and eight points later it was almost – if not, given Pardew’s apparently brilliantly-honed chairman-seducing interview patter, entirely – certain that Pardew’s flag would never see the pole again.

Nailed it 🙂

Such a beautifully constructed sentence.

Mascherano on Rafa

"Benitez lifted me out of a dark hole 20 metres underground and put me up on a high," Mascherano said. "He is a great person and a teacher as a coach -- with him you can learn a lot, if that is what you really want."

Mascherano said he had stayed in touch with Benitez after both had left Anfield, but their current positions at Barca and Madrid meant they talked less currently. "Since we were at the same team we have remained in touch," he said. "Our relationship has not changed, although the situation is a bit more uncomfortable now. Someday I will leave Barca, or he will leave Madrid, and it will return to normal. We still talk now, but less often."

Guess which manager put Mascherano in the dark hole

"The likes of Hayden Mullins and Nigel Reo-Coker kept Mascherano out of the side and within six months he was gone to Liverpool, where he would play in the Champions League final and establish an outstanding partnership with Xabi Alonso. Speaking to Gazetta dello Sport the Barcelona defender was critical of Pardew, saying: “It was frustrating to join after a World Cup and have the manager ask what position I played but I continued to push forward for six months.”

Mascherano on Rafa

"Benitez lifted me out of a dark hole 20 metres underground and put me up on a high," Mascherano said. "He is a great person and a teacher as a coach -- with him you can learn a lot, if that is what you really want."

Mascherano said he had stayed in touch with Benitez after both had left Anfield, but their current positions at Barca and Madrid meant they talked less currently. "Since we were at the same team we have remained in touch," he said. "Our relationship has not changed, although the situation is a bit more uncomfortable now. Someday I will leave Barca, or he will leave Madrid, and it will return to normal. We still talk now, but less often."

"The likes of Hayden Mullins and Nigel Reo-Coker kept Mascherano out of the side and within six months he was gone to Liverpool, where he would play in the Champions League final and establish an outstanding partnership with Xabi Alonso. Speaking to Gazetta dello Sport the Barcelona defender was critical of Pardew, saying: “It was frustrating to join after a World Cup and have the manager ask what position I played but I continued to push forward for six months.”

The last sentence, fucking hell. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Fucking hell. [emoji38] It was bad enough when Alan Parry didn't know who Yaya Toure and David Silva were when Man City signed them. A football manager not knowing who Mascherano was after that 2006 World Cup is fucking shameful.

Mascherano on Rafa

How does Pardew get jobs.  :lol: :lol:

Imagine asking any footballer you had just signed what position they played man? :lol:

Wouldn't you at least do some research for yourself and speak to the scouting guys to have an idea once you heard they might be coming in?

Imagine asking the player themselves that directly? :lol:

Just so unintelligent.

Think it's probably more likely that he knew full well who he was, but decided that he needed 'taking down a few pegs' by pretending not to know him, to, I don't know, assert dominance and teach him humility, or some other horrible man-management idea.

Think it's probably more likely that he knew full well who he was, but decided that he needed 'taking down a few pegs' by pretending not to know him, to, I don't know, assert dominance and teach him humility, or some other horrible man-management idea.

Absolutely this.

Fair play like, it takes some going to be that much of a cunt, years of dedication.

Imagine him in the Barca dressing room turning to Messi, Xavi and Iniesta and saying "Let me tell you about this manager in England."

No I really think he is thick enough not to have any idea who he was.

But how does that explain constantly playing Hayden Mullins in place of Mascherano for half a season. Does he not watch them in training? Even the craziest posters on football forums wouldn't make that mistake.

Mascherano walked into our midfield as first choice competing against Xabi Alonso and Steven Gerrard. But could not displace Reo Coker and Mullins.

But how does that explain constantly playing Hayden Mullins in place of Mascherano for half a season. Does he not watch them in training? Even the craziest posters on football forums wouldn't make that mistake.

Mascherano walked into our midfield as first choice competing against Xabi Alonso and Steven Gerrard. But could not displace Reo Coker and Mullins.

Pardew was satisfied Jack Colback could replace a prime Yohan Cabaye. Somethings can't be explained.

Pardew was satisfied Jack Colback could replace a prime Yohan Cabaye. Somethings can't be explained.

Fair enough  :D

Been a while, but am I remembering right that Tevez and Mascherano weren't Pardew signings? The agent went direct to WHam's owners, or something? If that's the case, I can completely see Pardew being stubborn enough to not play them because they were 'forced' on him, regardless of their talent. Fits in with the petty belittling, as well.

Been a while, but am I remembering right that Tevez and Mascherano weren't Pardew signings? The agent went direct to WHam's owners, or something? If that's the case, I can completely see Pardew being stubborn enough to not play them because they were 'forced' on him, regardless of their talent. Fits in with the petty belittling, as well.

:thup: It's all this.

He knew who they were, what positions they played. He just needed to show them who The King was.

Guest Howaythetoon

I can understand wanting to protect a foreign player new to our game ala Rafa with Merino, but when the alternative is Mullins howay :lol: Someone like KK would just stick him in there and say enjoy yourself and play.

:thup: It's all this.

He knew who they were, what positions they played. He just needed to show them who The King was.

This 'King' image is overblown as well. He's a small man in reality, who tried to cover up his lack of nous with bluster and bullshit. Under pressure he always cracked and was reduced to tears on the touchline when he was here. I'm pretty sure deep down he knows he hasn't got a clue and tries to cover it up with arselicking the right people and talking shite.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/incredible-story-newcastles-greatest-ever-14244231

“Look, Alan knew the club before he took that job. He knew he was getting that job before Chris went and he had done his work looking at what kind of a club he was taking over,” captain Nolan recalls.

“He was clever and knew it was a strong dressing room. He came and met me at my house the evening before he got the job and talked to me about what his plans for the club were, what he wanted to do and the important players to him. Chris was very popular with all of us but I liked what he had to say.”

“To be fair to Pardew he made a rare good half-time team talk. He reminded us of our responsibilities, he said our families and parents were there.” Pardew said that there was a responsibility to the club, the shirt and the fans to not let the defeat get any worse. “I thought it was good,” Harper said.