C*CK P*SS P*RDEW

themanupstairs

Guest Howaythetoon

He's the reason I don't go and watch Newcastle anymore so I'm happy to stay bitter at the rancid c*** for some considerable time to come.

That's a bit daft tbh. He's been gone best part of 2 years now. If you can't get behind Rafa, and what he's trying to achieve, because of a manager who left nearly 2 years ago and is no longer our problem then you'll always be bitter.

Great times to be a Newcastle supporter. The best since the Robson era. Shame you've allowed Alan Pardew to let you miss out on it.

I don't get this great time to be a Toon fan thing like. Just remember who our owner is. Oh and we are in the Championship. It's a better time to be a Toon fan thus far since Ashley took over admittedly. But then this was probably felt when KK walked through the door or when we smashed the mackems 5-1 or finished 5th. Me I cannot hold onto this so-called good time because I'm fearful of the fuck up that's no doubt around the corner. Enjoy it while it lasts. I reckon Rafa will not be here by year 3...

Guest Howaythetoon

Tbf, I'm a little thankful Pardew made me drift away from NUFC, more to life than football and NUFC.

True and to be honest, the drift away has been a long time coming and started under Souness for me. Getting older, kids, a wife, a business to run etc. kind of changes your outlook on things though. NUFC and football was my life for a while until more serious and worthwhile things materialised. I'd love to get back into it though for that love and passion because you can't beat it, even for a game or two. Sadly I think it's gone forever :(

He's the reason I don't go and watch Newcastle anymore so I'm happy to stay bitter at the rancid c*** for some considerable time to come.

That's a bit daft tbh. He's been gone best part of 2 years now. If you can't get behind Rafa, and what he's trying to achieve, because of a manager who left nearly 2 years ago and is no longer our problem then you'll always be bitter.

Great times to be a Newcastle supporter. The best since the Robson era. Shame you've allowed Alan Pardew to let you miss out on it.

I don't get this great time to be a Toon fan thing like. Just remember who our owner is. Oh and we are in the Championship. It's a better time to be a Toon fan thus far since Ashley took over admittedly. But then this was probably felt when KK walked through the door or when we smashed the mackems 5-1 or finished 5th. Me I cannot hold onto this so-called good time because I'm fearful of the f*** up that's no doubt around the corner. Enjoy it while it lasts. I reckon Rafa will not be here by year 3...

I'm enjoying watching Newcastle more now than I was pre Ashley under the likes of Souness and the back end of the Roeder era for example. The division we are playing in doesn't really matter to me. The 92/93 season is probably my favourite of all time and we were a 2nd Division team then.

Agree with what you say about Ashley though. Just hoping he stays in the background and let's Rafa run the club the way he wants bit it'll be interesting to see if he continues this stance of staying in the background should we be promoted. I'm not so sure.

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't get this great time to be a Toon fan thing like. Just remember who our owner is. Oh and we are in the Championship. It's a better time to be a Toon fan thus far since Ashley took over admittedly. But then this was probably felt when KK walked through the door or when we smashed the mackems 5-1 or finished 5th. Me I cannot hold onto this so-called good time because I'm fearful of the f*** up that's no doubt around the corner. Enjoy it while it lasts. I reckon Rafa will not be here by year 3...

I'm enjoying watching Newcastle more now than I was pre Ashley under the likes of Souness and the back end of the Roeder era for example. The division we are playing in doesn't really matter to me. The 92/93 season is probably my favourite of all time and we were a 2nd Division team then.

Agree with what you say about Ashley though. Just hoping he stays in the background and let's Rafa run the club the way he wants bit it'll be interesting to see if he continues this stance of staying in the background should we be promoted. I'm not so sure.

On paper take Ashley out etc. and the sky is the limit with Rafa, it's like going back to when KK first took over, so I can see why fans are all upbeat. But, the owner... that's my concern. And that's why I don't share it. Again I can see a time when Rafa leaves and it all comes tumbling down again. I only hope when it does happen fans have the balls and backbone longtime to rally against Ashley!

On paper take Ashley out etc. and the sky is the limit with Rafa, it's like going back to when KK first took over, so I can see why fans are all upbeat. But, the owner... that's my concern. And that's why I don't share it. Again I can see a time when Rafa leaves and it all comes tumbling down again. I only hope when it does happen fans have the balls and backbone longtime to rally against Ashley!

It's not like. Under Keegan it was a little unexpected, no-one thought we'd start the way we did, we weren't favourites to win the league. This time we were odds on, literally, to get promoted.

Oh and the stats at the end of this season will probably be better than that season, the style of that season has stripped this one so far.

Palace, mackems and Leciester would be my preferred relegation trio.

Leicester? Bit weird.

Really weird. I understand some fans might be jealous that they won the title but that's two people on here today wanting them relegated because of their success. Plus them winning the title was miles better than Man Utd/Chelsea/Man City winning it

It's not like. Under Keegan it was a little unexpected, no-one thought we'd start the way we did, we weren't favourites to win the league. This time we were odds on, literally, to get promoted.

Oh and the stats at the end of this season will probably be better than that season, the style of that season has stripped this one so far.

I think it's more like when Sir Bobby took over. McClaren starting Riviere in a must win vs Bournemouth at home was his Gullit dropping Shearer moment.

It's like when you fall out of love with someone. You can't just turn it back on like a tap. I spent that long either wishing us to get beat or not giving a shit that eventually it became impossible to do anything else.

I hope it'll come back but I can't say I'm terribly confident while the other one remains at the helm as I'm still loath to give him a single penny.

It's like when you fall out of love with someone. You can't just turn it back on like a tap. I spent that long either wishing us to get beat or not giving a s*** that eventually it became impossible to do anything else.

I hope it'll come back but I can't say I'm terribly confident while the other one remains at the helm as I'm still loath to give him a single penny.

I hope that in time you'll be able to come back. Sad when loyal fans are staying away still. Ironically I spent almost an hour yesterday morning talking to Keith Barrett, a more loyal and committed NUFC you couldn't meet. He's never attended a Newcastle match since he was banned in 2009 and hates Ashley with a passion, more than he could put into words as he said. He said he very much doubts he'd ever set foot inside SJP again.

Totally understand Wullie's point of view. NUFC under the Ashley/Pardew combo is the kind of thing that crushes fans and puts them off for good. Other than a corporate rebranding or moving the club to another location its as close as you can get to your team being killed as you know it.

I feel a bit different though. Rafa being here is such a godsend, such a stroke of timing and outright good fortune, it's impossible for me not to embrace it. I watched his interview with Holloway from before the season started yesterday (hadn't seen it the first time around) and I was smiling the whole way through. Pure therapy to be able to listen to our manager and enjoy every word he's saying. Its similarly therapeutic to go to matches and see a team that is so obviously well-coached. This is not something to look upon lightly after the last 10 years.

That said, there is always the reservation that Ashley is of course waiting in the background to destroy it all. Rafa is a genius but he's essentially propping up the whole thing precariously on his own. All it takes is for it go wrong and we're back to square one. Until there's Rafa's level of passion, knowledge and expertise running through the whole club's structure it is impossible to rest easy and enjoy the ride. That stops me emotionally investing back into it 100%. However for as long as Rafa is able to stomach Ashley and maintain his association with the club and fans, then I think we should probably do the same.

not sure how i feel about this amnesty for pardew just because he's someone else's problem now; how some have managed to forget the damage he did to the club is beyond me, he drove thousands away at a bare minimum - i'm the same as wullie, i ended up hating the game of football in general as a direct result of his tenure, it was like seeing something you can't unsee imo

to me he's effectively committed crimes against the club i've supported for +25 years and because he's fucked off somewhere else he's not absolved, he deserves more than the payrise he got on leaving us and the payoff he'll get when he's inevitably sacked by palace, it's just not good enough

the original question was about palace and the mackems and it's palace for me because of this cunt and because (as a direct result of his management, what a fucking shock!!) we've been dicked by the mackems for 6 games running and i'd quite like the club under rafa to have the opportunity to set that right, which we won't get if they're not in the same division as us...who knows if they stay up we might be able to have a hand in relegating them

For some you need Trust Before Love

For some you could just Love blindly.

Pardew lied and abused us, i will always want him to suffer in pain for that.

He is not irrelevant, he is a part of NUFC history and sadly for me the part that morphed me from a proud fan to hating and ashame one.

Sadly made me see how split and weak are fans are as well.