Newcastle United 2-1 West Ham 16/01/16 - Post-match reaction from page 31

Mike

Shelvey has been impressive. Once again I feel like Colback has been our worse player. His positioning is ridiculous, he's basically standing 3metres form Shelvey at all time. If that's not on him, then McClaren is an idiot.

Seems unnecessarily harsh when we've been this dominant. I don't disagree that he still doesn't offer much of anything, but I couldn't give a shit if it works as a partnership. Mitro seems to be my candidate for player not doing his job, as he's showing the standard performance of a striker with no confidence.

Really? Mitro's working his ass off and linking up the play really well. Fluffed a chance, mind.

Shelvey has been impressive. Once again I feel like Colback has been our worse player. His positioning is ridiculous, he's basically standing 3metres form Shelvey at all time. If that's not on him, then McClaren is an idiot.

Don't think anyone's been particularly bad. Sissoko's not been great. Colback may not look as bad if all he has to do is pass it to Shelvey when he gets it as he has so far

Does Mitrovic have to be attacked with a lead pipe in order to get a free kick man? Ref's having a mare with that

Seems to be letting a lot go all over the pitch tbh. First 5 minutes I was surprised how many dodgy looking tackles we got away with.

Seems unnecessarily harsh when we've been this dominant. I don't disagree that he still doesn't offer much of anything, but I couldn't give a shit if it works as a partnership. Mitro seems to be my candidate for player not doing his job, as he's showing the standard performance of a striker with no confidence.

Really? Mitro's working his ass off and linking up the play really well. Fluffed a chance, mind.

The chance where the keeper was massively out of position irked me. He had a perfect angle to just roll it into the bottom corner.

As I say, we've played well, so I feel no need to really identify any underperforming player... just if I was pushed...

Seems unnecessarily harsh when we've been this dominant. I don't disagree that he still doesn't offer much of anything, but I couldn't give a s*** if it works as a partnership. Mitro seems to be my candidate for player not doing his job, as he's showing the standard performance of a striker with no confidence.

Mitro is busting his ass off. And yes, Colback doesn't offer much, but his positioning does my head in. He needs to try and complement Shelvey not do exactly what he is doing.

The chance where the keeper was massively out of position irked me. He had a perfect angle to just roll it into the bottom corner.

As I say, we've played well, so I feel no need to really identify any underperforming player... just if I was pushed...

:thup:

It's like having cabaye back, stroking balls around and so cool on the ball, even colback is looking good beside him.

Wij, Sissoko and Perez playing outstanding! Janmaat needs a mention too, even colo is back to his old self...

If he keeps playing like that he'll have won every doubter over. Fantastic debut, can only think of one pass that wasn't completed from him. It's transformed the team and the space Wijnaldum and Perez have got is causing them constant problems.

If we were trying to find an easy game for Saivet to cut his teeth it would be today, need to get the lad on.

Enjoyed that.

Seems unnecessarily harsh when we've been this dominant. I don't disagree that he still doesn't offer much of anything, but I couldn't give a s*** if it works as a partnership. Mitro seems to be my candidate for player not doing his job, as he's showing the standard performance of a striker with no confidence.

Mitro is busting his ass off. And yes, Colback doesn't offer much, but his positioning does my head in. He needs to try and complement Shelvey not do exactly what he is doing.

I mean, it's their first game together, we're 2-0 up against 5th place, and Shelvey has looked like Xabi Alonso. I reckon I'm OK with this performance.

I mean, it's their first game together, we're 2-0 up against 5th place, and Shelvey has looked like Xabi Alonso. I reckon I'm OK with this performance.

:lol: :thup:

Crazy how one player can seemingly transform us. I'm very happy so far.

We need to retain control of the game again, the last 10 minutes or so of the first half we let West Ham have the ball more and allowed them more time on it. We need to go back to being in their face and at time just passing the ball amongst ourselves.

Colback has done nothing in the match except from give away a cheap free kick, he should be brought off as it's like playing with 10 men.

Shelvey's pass for our 2nd goal was amazing, as soon as he did it I was leasing him for it before we scored from it. That sort of pass is something that we have been missing.

Rule for 2nd half should be just to control the game, that's all we need to do now.