Saido Berahino stays at West Brom

TK-421

To put a little perspective in to this thread we just signed a forward who scores 1 in 2 and also for fun in champions league where we can only dream of being in right now. The very fact we announced the signing of this striker so late and then handed Perez a big contract answers the question that we TBF on this one. Maybe Pearce has a game plan like we had with Carroll but I dont worry about it as the ball is in our court right now. We can go forth with lots of forwards and then we have Siem to boot to alter our play.

Mitrovic was 1 in 2 previously and he's scored in the champions league and it's not happened for him here.

Exactly why are people so blinkered honestly it just puzzles me.

Aye, there's not guarantee at all, his record is impressive. But like you say he's failed at the only step up he's had.

His record at the highest level of club football is pretty excellent, like. That gives me hope that he at least has the basics we need. Italy's a funny league.

He's a gamble though and at this stage like Mitrovic it's not what's required.

He is a gamble. But it's disingenuous to say he's failed at the only step up he's had - consistently scoring in the CL generally means you can play to a decent standard. Pelle came here despite being minging in Italy and has scored a solid amount, just what we need from our main forward.

To put a little perspective in to this thread we just signed a forward who scores 1 in 2 and also for fun in champions league where we can only dream of being in right now. The very fact we announced the signing of this striker so late and then handed Perez a big contract answers the question that we TBF on this one. Maybe Pearce has a game plan like we had with Carroll but I dont worry about it as the ball is in our court right now. We can go forth with lots of forwards and then we have Siem to boot to alter our play.

Mitrovic was 1 in 2 previously and he's scored in the champions league and it's not happened for him here.

Aye, there's not guarantee at all, his record is impressive. But like you say he's failed at the only step up he's had.

His record at the highest level of club football is pretty excellent, like. That gives me hope that he at least has the basics we need. Italy's a funny league.

Exactly, if we can't get excited about a one in two striker then when can we? :lol:

Mitro has no pace. Zilch. He is carrying an injury and it looks like it in all honestly with his movement. Blinkered are people who think that our new lad will do nowt yet a kid who is out of shape, out of a team for months is the answers to all our prayers.

If he had come in the summer, pre season and had games to adapt I'd not the concerned particularly, but we don't have time for that now. His CL record is very good,  but the majority of his goals are in the swiss and russian league.

Remy came over and scored straight away, despite being injured and barely playing for the previous 6 months. We'll see. We're fucked if this lad gets injured, though.

Talksport just claimed we have put a fresh bid in of 24m

Full cash for Berahino?

Could be back on.

That was just dismissed on SSN (Downey).

If we did go higher, and Peace did cave at the last minute, could be do a deal 'subject to medical', get the paperwork done and finalise it tomorrow?

Straw clutching, of course.

Full cash for Berahino?

Could be back on.

If we did go higher, and Peace did cave at the last minute, could be do a deal 'subject to medical', get the paperwork done and finalise it tomorrow?

Yes but no need to think about that.

Full cash for Berahino?

Could be back on.

Not going to happen if the club had any real intention of signing him they would have upped the offer well before now - although you have to remember they're awaiting a reply to their e-mail 20 million pound offer and they make it via e-mail what a f***ing joke.

I don't think Peace is going to accept any offer until it's too late for Pulis to spend the money.

There's probably no point in us going back with offer after offer. If Peace is willing to sell this window, he's probably waiting until the last minute to do it.

I don't think Peace is going to accept any offer until it's too late for Pulis to spend the money.

There's probably no point in us going back with offer after offer. If Peace is willing to sell this window, he's probably waiting until the last minute to do it.

So what's the crack with him and Pulis?

http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/the-secret-footballer/29898/strange-case-of-star-player-caught-in-middle-of-chairman-manager-transfer-standoff/

I wondered about the same  :lol: Why the hell is he the manager if Peace is scared of let him getting players in?

http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/the-secret-footballer/29898/strange-case-of-star-player-caught-in-middle-of-chairman-manager-transfer-standoff/

Cheers

On Total Sport, they were saying that Peace has been/is trying to sell WBA, and thats his reasoning for not wanting to sell Berahino... reckoned it makes them more attractive with their main player still there.

Not sure how much truth is in that.

On Total Sport, they were saying that Peace has been/is trying to sell WBA, and thats his reasoning for not wanting to sell Berahino... reckoned it makes them more attractive with their main player still there.

Not sure how much truth is in that.

You would think an extra £21m in the bank would be just as attractive.

Mitrovic has scored in the Champions League yes, but only 3 goals in 13 games.  Not really comparable to the 16 goals in 23 games Doumbia has in that competition.  I like Mitrovic and believe he can start scoring, just saying their records are far from similar.

Of course nothing is guarenteed with Doumbia, but considering he's shown he can score lots of goals even at the top level it really comes down to wether he is suited to this league IMO.  His game seems to be based around speed which is a very good sign for this league.

Turning down £24m is extraordinary, mind. I like Berahino and he's good but that's way too much, especially with 18 months left.

Did we bid £24Mil? 

Typical that we have no back up.  Could cost us this time.

I'm not saying stop doing cowies, I'm just saying don't do them for breakfast because it always inevitably escalates from there.

All the best.

Did we even bid 21 million?

Mad money but for the sake of a few million, you can have a foreign striker with a good record, but unproven in the PL, or someone who can play and score in this league. If it's what keeps us up why not offer 25?

For what it's worth, I think Remy will end up signing for us on loan