sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Honestly can't get over the reaction to this. The desperation to be offended is probably my biggest hate in today's world.

:lol:

See, from my perspective it's people's overreactions and desperation to be offended about daft, trivial s****, that undermines stuff like this. It doesn't have to be life and death, like. You can't go around telling anyone in public, let alone women that you'll give them a slap, man, howeh. :lol: It doesn't mean I think he meant it, but he's apologised so obviously he's realised it was a daft slip of the tongue.

Aye :lol: I hate the desperate to be offended culture as much the next person, but this is not one of those situations.

Honestly can't get over the reaction to this. The desperation to be offended is probably my biggest hate in today's world.

:lol:

See, from my perspective it's people's overreactions and desperation to be offended about daft, trivial s****, that undermines stuff like this. It doesn't have to be life and death, like. You can't go around telling anyone in public, let alone women that you'll give them a slap, man, howeh. :lol: It doesn't mean I think he meant it, but he's apologised so obviously he's realised it was a daft slip of the tongue.

Aye :lol: I hate the desperate to be offended culture as much the next person, but this is not one of those situations.

Did you see the woman from Wearside Women in Need or whatever the charity was? I'm pretty convinced she didn't even believe the shite she was coming out with.

Reminded me of this:

https://www.facebook.com/lars.kardel/videos/904792599596773/

My take on this is that it sounds worse than it is.

I assume Moyes, like many managers, set an acceptable line of questioning before the interview. The interviewer then deviated from that against his wishes by asking about Short being there, which may have specifically been on the "Don't ask me that" list.

Moyes then after the interview is over reprimands her. He's trying to be playful yet firm at the same time, and yes he fucks that up by coming across as sexist and threatening instead. It's a misjudgement, but it's not what some people are suggesting it is. The "Be careful next time you come here" is just him saying "Stick to the questions next time". He's in the wrong, yes, and managers perhaps shouldn't be this dictatorial in what questions they'll answer, but it's a storm in a teacup IMO.

I assume Moyes, like many managers, set an acceptable line of questioning before the interview. The interviewer then deviated from that against his wishes by asking about Short being there, which may have specifically been on the "Don't ask me that" list.

Moyes then after the interview is over reprimands her. He's trying to be playful yet firm at the same time, and yes he f***s that up by coming across as sexist and threatening instead. It's a misjudgement, but it's not what some people are suggesting it is. The "Be careful next time you come here" is just him saying "Stick to the questions next time". He's in the wrong, yes, and managers perhaps shouldn't be this dictatorial in what questions they'll answer, but it's a storm in a teacup IMO.

Does he really come across as sexist and threatening to anyone with an ounce of common sense though?

How ridiculous...

I cannot even be arsed to delve into how stupid this is as there is simply no getting it through to some people. It's playground stuff almost.

I think it's already been mentioned but the fact he says it to a reporter is the issue. Everyone is focusing on the sexism. If he would have said it to a man but not a woman is that not equally as sexist?

It was a silly thing to say but it's only getting any traction because the reporter was a woman. That in itself is sexist reporting, surely. Or is this the same as when Black people call one another the N word?

Modern hysteria over trivial shit...To think this was getting more news than the bomb or whatever in Russia on certain stations or tabloids. WTF is going on with people.

Eh? :lol:

Anyways, storm in a teacup or not, who goes around playfully telling people they'll get a slap in a professional setting? Are we in the 1950s? Regardless if it's said to a woman or a man.

Moyes then after the interview is over reprimands her. He's trying to be playful yet firm at the same time, and yes he f***s that up by coming across as sexist and threatening instead. It's a misjudgement, but it's not what some people are suggesting it is. The "Be careful next time you come here" is just him saying "Stick to the questions next time". He's in the wrong, yes, and managers perhaps shouldn't be this dictatorial in what questions they'll answer, but it's a storm in a teacup IMO.

If he needs one of those, he's not cut out for interview's. 

Poor Moyes, he'll be thinking "Fuck, what do I have to do to get sacked without being put away ?"

That was my biggest worry, that it would provide Short with a get out clause to sack him without paying any compo. :lol:

I'm actually just going to wait until sassy women have had their say on the matter. They'll tell me what to think.

I'm waiting to hear what savvywoman have to say myself. Sassy women probably would have sparked him out.

Ah yeah :lol:

:thup:

Another national paper has come out saying he has previous on this sort of thing towards women- didnt catch the name of the paper reported on 5 live.

http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article2280617.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Manager-David-Moyes-shocked.jpg

Sunderland have given their support to boss David Moyes but say his comments that a BBC reporter might "get a slap" were "wholly inappropriate".

Moyes has apologised for what he said to Vicki Sparks after an interview following a draw with Burnley in March.

The Scot has also revealed that the club knew about the incident soon after it occurred.

"Such actions are not condoned or excused in any way," said Sunderland in a statement.

"The exchange between the manager and a BBC reporter was wholly unacceptable.

"David recognised this immediately, proactively bringing the matter to the attention of the CEO and apologising to the reporter.

"The club also spoke with both a senior figure at the BBC and the reporter personally, expressing its profound regret over what had occurred.

"The matter was treated with the utmost seriousness from the outset and the swift and decisive action taken by the club and the manager at the time ensured that it was resolved to the satisfaction of the reporter and the BBC, which was the priority.

"With both the BBC and the reporter agreeing that appropriate action had been taken at the time, the club continues to fully support David in his role as manager of Sunderland AFC."

Wholly unacceptable but carry on in your job anyway.

Morals of that club. If they had zero chance of staying up- there may be  different action, but as it is- the chance of survival is more important than doing the right thing-  as it was during the time they covered for the nonce.