sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's probably the best bet they have tbh, he's done a decent job at Aberdeen but obviously the big * there is that's the Scottish league without Rangers until this year, he was also far from successful at his last English job. They are taking a gamble but they have to right now, the other options are just not there for them, if they don't take a chance on someone with a limited CV, they need to go for the re-treads which is exactly what they don't need right now.

Honestly how do you sell that job as the owner. Hi, we would like you to manage our football team, we've just finished dead last in the PL and our fans expect us to bounce straight back up. Or best player and almost single goal source just yet for free. We've got a young keeper that we want 30 million for though, I'm sure you'll agree that'll be easy to get. Outside that we've not got very many saleable assets. We've got a ton of loanees that are going back to there clubs, but don't worry they were crap anyway. We've got a bunch of players on huge wages for the league we are playing in which we know we won't be able to move. We've got a awful record with injuries to our so called better players (Lee Cattermole, as you know would be a world superstar if we could keep him fit). Some contracts are up though so that will help. We've got a debt of around 200 million and our average gate receipts are around 4 pounds 50 pence so naturally even if we sell Pickford for 100 million we won't be able to give you any money to spend. Oh and I'm trying to flog the club but as of yet haven't found someone stupid enough.

He's probably the best bet they have tbh, he's done a decent job at Aberdeen but obviously the big * there is that's the Scottish league without Rangers until this year, he was also far from successful at his last English job. They are taking a gamble but they have to right now, the other options are just not there for them, if they don't take a chance on someone with a limited CV, they need to go for the re-treads which is exactly what they don't need right now.

Honestly how do you sell that job as the owner. Hi, we would like you to manage our football team, we've just finished dead last in the PL and our fans expect us to bounce straight back up. Or best player and almost single goal source just yet for free. We've got a young keeper that we want 30 million for though, I'm sure you'll agree that'll be easy to get. Outside that we've not got very many saleable assets. We've got a ton of loanees that are going back to there clubs, but don't worry they were crap anyway. We've got a bunch of players on huge wages for the league we are playing in which we know we won't be able to move. We've got a awful record with injuries to our so called better players (Lee Cattermole, as you know would be a world superstar if we could keep him fit). Some contracts are up though so that will help. We've got a debt of around 200 million and our average gate receipts are around 4 pounds 50 pence so naturally even if we sell Pickford for 100 million we won't be able to give you any money to spend. Oh and I'm trying to flog the club but as of yet haven't found someone stupid enough.

:iamatwat:

Excellent!

Neil Warnock a suprise candidate according to the Express.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He would actually do well there I think, much rather that get McInnis or whatever he's called.

How well could he do? Warnock would suit me fine, another one of those pricks who seems to perform more in front of the cameras than his teams ever do.

Ffs. Some w***** decides he's bored on his Sunday and decides to spread a rumor around that an ill child cared for by many has died.

This is the bad thing about everyone being able to have internet access. Scum thrives on the internet and TBH I so dang glad I gave up Facebook and twitter. My faith in our species was just about to fall off its last thread until I did so.

Guest Howaythetoon

Was working there today and got speaking to a fairly level headed mackem (the customer) and he does not want that Scottish bloke. He blames Short in the main and although he though Big Sam was high maintenance and dodgy, he represented their best chance of becoming a stable club fighting top ten. He said Ashley was a cunt and malicious, but at least he has some kind of ambition. He also said the SP and AO thing was something they should have attempted. He's a genuine fan who has been going all his life and is basically gutted. He said NE football at the top level is a disgrace and the non league sides put us all to shame in terms of ambitions etc. I found it hard to disagree. I asked who he wanted and he basically said it didn't matter, so long as Short is in charge nothing ever good will come of it as he basically has zero interest.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/free-2016-17-away-shirt.1367982/

This and the first comment in particular is brilliant. :lol:

Actually, all of the replies are pretty good.

Am i reading that correctly?  They can get their new kit for about 20 quid? 

Nee wonder the scruffy c***s always wear them at the airport and the metrocentre.

2016/17 away shirt

Oh i see ?

I know this isn't concrete but I would imagine this would go down well in Sunderland :) :) :)

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/everton-have-gone-way-under-the-asking-price-with-outrageous-bid-for-jordan-pickford-127777

hope it's a take it or leave it offer as well :lol:

The thing is, Sunderland's hands are tied to some extent because Pickford wants to leave, and they have to sell him to have any chance of buying the players they need to rebuild. It's not like us last season where if we held onto our best players we were more or less guaranteed promotion without buying anyone.