sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is the club only going for £50m?  Christ, whoever is going to come in and pay that will not be the kind of owners who will have them back with the big boys. Will be some crazy tramps like the Venky's.  Joke of a club.

Apparently Short wants £90m and Germans only offering £40m.

Did they compromise on 51m?

Guest Howaythetoon

Good on them (the mackems) if they are trying to buy their club, I'd love NUFC to be fan owned.

Are they really up for sale at £90m? On the surface that's a decent price, but to become an established PL club which they were, even if they were fighting relegation every season, requires that 3 or so times over. We spent 80m and went down. We spent less than that NET to get promoted, become the Entertainers and almost win the PL under KK.

The PL money madness really needs to stop.

Again good luck to the fans trying to buy their club, I'd support that 100% even as a Toon fan. It would actually be interesting to see how that would go if it did happen.

Good on them (the mackems) if they are trying to buy their club, I'd love NUFC to be fan owned.

Are they really up for sale at £90m? On the surface that's a decent price, but to become an established PL club which they were, even if they were fighting relegation every season, requires that 3 or so times over. We spent 80m and went down. We spent less than that NET to get promoted, become the Entertainers and almost win the PL under KK.

Again good luck to the fans trying to buy their club, I'd support that 100% even as a Toon fan. It would actually be interesting to see how that would go if it did happen.

Not sure what you've been reading but It just seems to be a few wealthy businessmen that happen to support Sunderland. Much like SJH/FS owning Newcastle. Not really fan owned in that the fans as a group have any say.

Not sure what you've been reading but It just seems to be a few wealthy businessmen that happen to support Sunderland. Much like SJH/FS owning Newcastle. Not really fan owned in that the fans as a group have any say.

Imagine the car crash if the RTG lot had a say in the running of the club :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Ah, just reading about this on here. In that case crash and burn :lol:

My sources are telling me that the lead investor is Uncal Mick, who has just won the pools.

Presumably the £90 million Short is looking for excludes outstanding external debt of £141 million (2016), which consists of £58 million owed to Short (Drumaville) and £83 million owed to Security Bank Corporation (SBC), the latter of which expires on 27 August 2019 and carries an interest rate of 7.5% plus LIBOR? Mind you, the asking price is less than the £101 million part of the debt Short has converted into equity in recent years (all numbers from a 2016 Swiss Ramble analysis). At first glance £90 million looks quite cheap for them, but you're probably looking at the best part of a quarter of a billion if you include their debt, and than there's the vast losses they will continue to incur year on year, even more so if they can't bounce straight back up, and the investment needed in their playing squad to turn their fortunes around. I expect most investors attracted by the reasonable asking price will run a mile when they dig a little deeper.

mackem  :naughty:

Imagine the car crash if the RTG lot had a say in the running of the club :lol:

please let this happen, blow all their budget on getting FTM on every seat and bally as manager. 

Presumably the £90 million Short is looking for excludes outstanding external debt of £141 million (2016), which consists of £58 million owed to Short (Drumaville) and £83 million owed to Security Bank Corporation (SBC), the latter of which expires on 27 August 2019 and carries an interest rate of 7.5% plus LIBOR? Mind you, the asking price is less than the £101 million part of the debt Short has converted into equity in recent years (all numbers from a 2016 Swiss Ramble analysis). At first glance £90 million looks quite cheap for them, but you're probably looking at the best part of a quarter of a billion if you include their debt, and than there's the vast losses they will continue to incur year on year, even more so if they can't bounce straight back up, and the investment needed in their playing squad to turn their fortunes around. I expect most investors attracted by the reasonable asking price will run a mile when they dig a little deeper.

Exactly! Short must despise Quinn for how much he's spunked on them! The grief he gets off their fans for apparently not spending is crackers!

The FTM crowd (FreeTicketMarras) won't pay $12 to watch them live. How are they going to expect them to find £50M to buy the club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's already been said. This isn't a group of supporters buying them, this is a few businessmen, 2 of which happen to be supporters.

£90m doesn't sound like a good deal to me like.  I mean their revenue isn't impressive outside of Premier League money.  Ticket money is pitiful considering the capacity of the stadium and TV money is over two 3rds of their revenue.  Also wages are through the roof.  I think if they had no debt £90m might be a ok price, but as it is they're swimming in it and have to pay £8m a year just on interest alone.

£90m doesn't sound like a good deal to me like.  I mean their revenue isn't impressive outside of Premier League money.  Ticket money is pitiful considering the capacity of the stadium and TV money is over two 3rds of their revenue.  Also wages are through the roof.  I think if they had no debt £90m might be a ok price, but as it is they're swimming in it and have to pay £8m a year just on interest alone.

They had a net debt of 110 million in 2016, not sure how much is owed to the owner and how much to the bank. If Short is selling the club for 90 million and expecting all his loans repaid then it's 200 million for a champ club, with pathetic revenue, high wage bill, unfit for purpose squad and of course no manager. It's a rotten deal and no one should touch it.

I doubt these rich fans have that sort of wedge, let alone access to the funds that they will need to operate the club. Whoever buys it the fans will need to hope they either strike it lucky with a crazy billionaire or more realistically Short decides it more trouble than it's worth and sells it for 40 - 50 million and wipes out his loans. Other than that their best hope maybe that Short has a change of heart and says "fuck it, I'm going to fund a big spending spree to get back up, then sell up when I get to the promised land", not likely to happen especially since he's been trying to sell the pile of crap for a while now without success.

They had a net debt of 110 million in 2016, not sure how much is owed to the owner and how much to the bank. If Short is selling the club for 90 million and expecting all his loans repaid then it's 200 million for a champ club, with pathetic revenue, high wage bill, unfit for purpose squad and of course no manager. It's a rotten deal and no one should touch it.

I doubt these rich fans have that sort of wedge, let alone access to the funds that they will need to operate the club. Whoever buys it the fans will need to hope they either strike it lucky with a crazy billionaire or more realistically Short decides it more trouble than it's worth and sells it for 40 - 50 million and wipes out his loans. Other than that their best hope maybe that Short has a change of heart and says "f*** it, I'm going to fund a big spending spree to get back up, then sell up when I get to the promised land", not likely to happen especially since he's been trying to sell the pile of crap for a while now without success.

He'll do a Lerner. He'll take a hit just to get out.

The FTM crowd (FreeTicketMarras) won't pay $12 to watch them live. How are they going to expect them to find £50M to buy the club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's already been said. This isn't a group of supporters buying them, this is a few businessmen, 2 of which happen to be supporters.

Yeah I guessed that :)

I still cannot see how anyone would consider SAFC a business investment that would return a profit.

I love how the RTGers foaming at the mouth that the new investors will come in an immediately drop 15-30M on a business that loses money, and yet they won't shell out any $$ on ticket fees.

If I was coming in as an investor, I would index link the player investment to match day revenue increases, so the more that the fans pay extra for their matches, the more the owner investment is.