sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

its the not grasping how much shit they are in that i laugh at and i still cant think to this day why coleman took it on, they are utter dogshit.

its the not grasping how much s*** they are in that i laugh at and i still cant think to this day why coleman took it on, they are utter dogshit.

It was career suicide in many respects, there was no chance of him being successful in that set up even if he was a good manager, which he's not.  They were bottom of the league, no talent in the existing squad, their leading goal scorer was to return to his parent club and there was no money at all to spend to remedy anything. Why leave a role where he was comfortable for that ? If he really wanted out of Wales then all he had to do is sit tight a little longer and wait for a much better situation. He's now tarred like Grayson with the shit from this situation which frankly both of them have had little control over.

His time at Wales was coming to an end and basically Sunderland were the only club calling because he’s s***.

another fucker who talks a good game, i haven't given any thought about them going down until now, because we all know they seem to "find" a way, however theres no Defoe to keep saving the bastards now and i can't see them surviving, fingers and toes crossed  O0

Again I’d rate the Sheffield clubs, Forest and Derby just as big as the mackems with Leeds and Villa much bigger. They are an average sized club as things stand with no real room to become bigger than what they are. They totally blew their Premier League years which turned out to be a complete waste of time. They did get 6 wins in a row against a certain club mind...

Sheffield Wednesday are bigger than the mackems like, on every conceivable level.

Again I’d rate the Sheffield clubs, Forest and Derby just as big as the mackems with Leeds and Villa much bigger. They are an average sized club as things stand with no real room to become bigger than what they are. They totally blew their Premier League years which turned out to be a complete waste of time. They did get 6 wins in a row against a certain club mind...

Sheffield Wednesday are bigger than the mackems like, on every conceivable level.

Not wanting to stick up for them, but 6 league titles for the mackems to 4 for Sheff Wed, that's one way you could argue their case. Six is actually pretty impressive, not many clubs in England have more titles.

Not wanting to stick up for them, but 6 league titles for the mackems to 4 for Sheff Wed, that's one way you could argue their case. Six is actually pretty impressive, not many clubs in England have more titles.

Every conceivable level than titles won 100 years ago then, or whatever it was. In the modern game even down in the depths I'd honestly rank SW as big as those fucking idiots.

Guest Howaythetoon

If you had a league for big clubs, they’d be in league one... which is hopefully where they are heading, I’d rank Derby as a bigger club than the mackems personally.

If you had a league for big clubs, they’d be in league one... which is hopefully where they are heading, I’d rank Derby as a bigger club than the mackems personally.

Hm, not sure about Derby at all.

Total bollocks.

Seen the Brexit forecasts - I’m now Hearing that Renault/Nissan want out. They’re going to be fucked in every way possible.

Not just the mackems there though is it? Could be the whole of the North East. :(

Yup. There's an absolute boat load of smaller businesses that will disappear apparently. It'll be devastating :(

There’s some selective opinions going on here. Sunderland, IMO, are bigger than most of the clubs mentioned in the last few posts. Villa are bigger but there again on most things Villa are also bigger than us.

In terms of history, stadium and crowds, Sunderland are a big club; their League Titles are only bettered by a few (albeit most of these were at a time when the League was in its infancy). Whether we like it or not they have more titles than us, won the league and the FA Cup more recently than us as well. There are reasons for the more titles and I don’t believe they are bigger than us but you could put up a reasonable argument otherwise.

Their biggest problem is that they are located in the north east and have a rather unpleasant city. There’s no doubting that despite being a big club they are a club that no top quality player would want to play for. Worryingly, we have similar problems in that respect. Thanks Mike.