sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Such a weird vibe in this thread.

You realize if y'all stop obsessing about them here, and overall, they'll just fade away, right? They're a nothing club and the sooner we stop propping them up with our self-aggrandizing talk (all the hope they have), the sooner they just go off in to the ether of the football league.

There should be zero threads on a Newcastle board about Sunderland. They're not worth it. And the sooner that we stop talking about them, the sooner everyone else will as well.

It's really weird, we've always had how obsessed they are with us as a stick to beat them with but it feels as if there's some posters in here who go out of their way just to find something ridiculous to post about them. It's really hypocritical when there's 3 or 4  posters talking about how obsessed they are yet about 90% of their posts are in this thread and not about Newcastle. I've no problem with a Sunderland thread laughing at them but this thread used to be so much better when it was used only occasionally for funny stories in the media about them or funny thread like the Uncal Mick one on RTG, but every day this thread is top of the page and it's usually just something about how deluded a user is on RTG, when in reality they probably know fine well that they're going to be copy and pasted onto this forum. We're having our most enjoyable season for years and yet this thread is never off the top 5 threads on the forum.

If you dare to criticise how obsessed people are over Sunderland in this thread this season you get accused of not being from the region and not understanding the rivalry, despite many of us (me included) being in the region all our lives and I've been to every home derby game for the last 16 years. It's probably massively hypocritical of me to say what people should or should not post but this thread has gone really weird the last few months. Maybe I'm in the minority but I thought I'd give my opinion

mag

Such a weird vibe in this thread.

You realize if y'all stop obsessing about them here, and overall, they'll just fade away, right? They're a nothing club and the sooner we stop propping them up with our self-aggrandizing talk (all the hope they have), the sooner they just go off in to the ether of the football league.

There should be zero threads on a Newcastle board about Sunderland. They're not worth it. And the sooner that we stop talking about them, the sooner everyone else will as well.

It's really weird, we've always had how obsessed they are with us as a stick to beat them with but it feels as if there's some posters in here who go out of their way just to find something ridiculous to post about them. It's really hypocritical when there's 3 or 4  posters talking about how obsessed they are yet about 90% of their posts are in this thread and not about Newcastle. I've no problem with a Sunderland thread laughing at them but this thread used to be so much better when it was used only occasionally for funny stories in the media about them or funny thread like the Uncal Mick one on RTG, but every day this thread is top of the page and it's usually just something about how deluded a user is on RTG, when in reality they probably know fine well that they're going to be copy and pasted onto this forum. We're having our most enjoyable season for years and yet this thread is never off the top 5 threads on the forum.

If you dare to criticise how obsessed people are over Sunderland in this thread this season you get accused of not being from the region and not understanding the rivalry, despite many of us (me included) being in the region all our lives and I've been to every home derby game for the last 16 years. It's probably massively hypocritical of me to say what people should or should not post but this thread has gone really weird the last few months. Maybe I'm in the minority but I thought I'd give my opinion

Joeyt is spot on.

The attendance craic that has really took off over the last few months is awful

Last few months? :lol:

Have you been Elisabeth Fritzl'd? The attendance debate has been going for at least 10 years. At a guess I'd say it began when they moved grounds and we developed SJP.

Have you been Elisabeth Fritzl'd? The attendance debate has been going for at least 10 years. At a guess I'd say it began when they moved grounds and we developed SJP.

Its been going on since 1992 when the Newcastle crowds swelled with KK taking over as manager, the whole 1992'ers business.

The attendance stuff has always been there but it has really escalated these last few months, which is what Triggs means

Escalated on the internet/social media or in general?  I only ever hear or read about it on here  :lol:

Dyche would have to be f***ing mental to join the mackems :lol:

Would be a big step down for him. Burnley appear to be a very well run club.

But it's quite a small club with a small fan base isn't it? I think people always underestimate the pull of a club that can command big crowds. Sean Dyche is probably not going to ever be considered for a genuinely big club so for him this might be his only shot at managing a famous club with a passionate fan base. I don't really  care tbh, he might be a decent fit for them. I wouldn't want him here.

He's got a canny little number at Burnley mind. The mackems were confronting and abusing Moyes in the dugout in his very first home game in charge. Not sure how appealing that would be when he's currently in one of the most secure jobs in the country.

Also think Burnley will have more spending power than Sunderland which I'd imagine would be quite important as a manager.

agree with a lot of what joeyt has said there about this thread, what i would say though is that this last year has really become an eye opener in some respects - their utter obsession with staying in the PL by the skin of their teeth enduring year upon year of misery and defeat just to to be able to say they're in the PL and/or above us

through the dark pardew times i always said i'd probably take relegation if it led to a clean sweep and rebuild, and that's where we are under a world class manager while the mackems continue to look no futher than securing 17th place so they can repeat it all again

not really sure what point i'm making here but it's the difference between the clubs/fans in many ways, i just can't imagine a situation where that would be the declared aim for so many of us albeit during the pardew/carver years we were arguably headed that way

He's got a canny little number at Burnley mind. The mackems were confronting and abusing Moyes in the dugout in his very first home game in charge. Not sure how appealing that would be when he's currently in one of the most secure jobs in the country.

Also think Burnley will have more spending power than Sunderland which I'd imagine would be quite important as a manager.

Really? I would have thought they'd be over the moon to get a manager of Moyes' calibre once Allardyce had grabbed his cardboard boxes and bolted south for the England job. I know Sunderland is a pretty dismal place but even I wouldn't have thought their fans are that thick.

Really? I would have thought they'd be over the moon to get a manager of Moyes' calibre once Allardyce had grabbed his cardboard boxes and bolted south for the England job. I know Sunderland is a pretty dismal place but even I wouldn't have thought their fans are that thick.

Aye there was a few photos doing the rounds on twitter of fans (3 of them I think) confronting him in the dugout when Boro went 2-0 up.

Aye there was a few photos doing the rounds on twitter of fans (3 of them I think) confronting him in the dugout when Boro went 2-0 up.

Right. Well I was talking about the Sunderland fan base in general, not sure Dyche would take 3 wankers out of a crowd as representative enough to put him off. Sunderland is probably as near to a big club as he's likely to get IMO. Not that it's saying much, it's still not much of a step up from Burnley.

Its been going on since 1992 when the Newcastle crowds swelled with KK taking over as manager, the whole 1992'ers business.

it was going on in the early 80s when Cowie?  thier chairman at the time concluded newcastle were better supporters due to attendances. :lol:

edit :lol:

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/lifestyle/nostalgia/dateline-16-march-1983-sunderland-chairman-i-wish-we-had-newcastle-s-fans-1-5502961

it was going on in the early 80s when Cowie?  thier chairman at the time concluded newcastle were better supporters due to attendances. :lol:

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/lifestyle/nostalgia/dateline-16-march-1983-sunderland-chairman-i-wish-we-had-newcastle-s-fans-1-5502961

Its like nothing has changed  :lol:

Its like nothing has changed  :lol:

I know, there was hell on over it at the time, they had a few seasons hanging onto top flight football by the skin of their teeth, and scouse teams throwing last games, half empty Roker Park.

us a division below with 10-15k higher crowds and some cracking football.