sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I wonder what the odds are of Ellis Short putting the club into administration in the next week or two.  The club's already something like £150m in debt to him and they're looking at a £40m loss of revenue next season even before they look at funding transfers or replacing staff.  You have to wonder if at some point Short isn't just going to decide to cut his losses (or, considering his other work in investing in distressed real estate, refinance by building a new stadium and selling off the existing land).

Had an interesting chat with  a mate of mine who lives in the Gulf in the pub before the Preston game. He'd heard from someone close to Short that apparently he has no absolutely no intention of squandering his family fortune/legacy on Sunderland, and has effectively pulled the plug until he can offload it. Not sure how he intends to do that without taking a massive financial hit mind.

The same fella also said that there's definitely a few people over there interested in acquiring NUFC.

Like s****. Apart from supporting them horrible b******s,  a bloke of his age wearing a replica shirt and a baseball cap is just wrong.

I never get why wearing a replica shirt to a game is supposedly wrong like, you're there to support your team, its probably the best time to wear it :lol:

Nowt wrong with wearing replica shirts at the match, or indeed baseball caps.

As long as you're under fifty.

Shirts are OK at any age, baseball caps are never OK.

Like s****. Apart from supporting them horrible b******s,  a bloke of his age wearing a replica shirt and a baseball cap is just wrong.

I never get why wearing a replica shirt to a game is supposedly wrong like, you're there to support your team, its probably the best time to wear it :lol:

Why the ageism? Poor bloke has probably spent half a weeks worth of his pension for that shirt because he wants to show his support, and if he has a season ticket then it's likely a significant percentage of his annual pension.

I never get why wearing a replica shirt to a game is supposedly wrong like, you're there to support your team, its probably the only time to wear it :lol:

FYP.

I wear mine at matches, but 90% of the time it's under a jacket/coat. I wouldn't wear it out of the house on a daily basis though.

Watching football, and doing exercise is the only acceptable times.

I wear my Nufc stuff all the time, when you live in a far off place, there is no harm. Didn't tealise there were rules in place here!!

I hope they never return.

http://i.imgur.com/3IsbmUC.gif

I honestly think they're more likely to drop even lower than they are to come back up any time in the next 3 seasons.

Can see them becoming the next Charlton or Bolton.

I never get why wearing a replica shirt to a game is supposedly wrong like, you're there to support your team, its probably the only time to wear it :lol:

FYP.

I wear mine at matches, but 90% of the time it's under a jacket/coat. I wouldn't wear it out of the house on a daily basis though.

Watching football, and doing exercise is the only acceptable times.

I wear my Nufc stuff all the time, when you live in a far off place, there is no harm. Didn't tealise there were rules in place here!!

Where you live?

I know in North America wearing sports wear anytime is accepted more, which is weird because most of it is made to fit over protective equipment and are oversized.

Not from the Newcastle, but I would actually rather have them in the PL to be able to beat them twice a year. Especially after our recent history against them. Let's just beat them for a couple of seasons, then they can vanish into obscurity.

Not from the Newcastle, but I would actually rather have them in the PL to be able to beat them twice a year. Especially after our recent history against them. Let's just beat them for a couple of seasons, then they can vanish into obscurity.

Nah. Let them have their '6 in a row' all they want. It's all they'll be able to use on us for a while now which is pathetic. How many times did we mention our 5 in a row? Hardly ever. Because the derbies aren't our be all and end all like them. Small time twats.

Let them rot now starting next season. I would very much enjoy their demise.

I have no desire to see them back anytime soon. I know it looks like it's going to be a tough task for them to bounce right back up but they have a history of doing that, after getting 19 points or something I think the very next season they won the championship.

Interesting reading their forum a bit some questioning Defoe, I mentioned this the other day it may well be in their best interests for him to walk. A few making the point that he's been crap since the turn of the year.

Guest neesy111

Fuck the derby btw, I want them to sink like a stone.

Aye.  Derby day even we were winning them were too tense for my liking etc.

I have no desire to see them back anytime soon. I know it looks like it's going to be a tough task for them to bounce right back up but they have a history of doing that, after getting 19 points or something I think the very next season they won the championship.

Interesting reading their forum a bit some questioning Defoe, I mentioned this the other day it may well be in their best interests for him to walk. A few making the point that he's been crap since the turn of the year.

Let's not forget that history goes back a decade now.

The league is significantly tougher in the modern day to say the least as they'll soon find out, they're in for a shock.

A team that spent over 100 million can't even break into the top ten. Only 2 have bounced back via the top 2 spots in 6 seasons.

It's not going to be the p*ss take league they'll delude themselves into thinking it is all summer.