sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's not a bad manager, he's just on a downward spiral and I think a job in a place he's clearly not happy at with a team he clearly doesn't want wasn't the best career choice for him.  He looks defeated already, sounds defeated and it's rubbing off on his players. Sunderland could do with sticking with a manager like him for once and give him a chance to build something, even if they go down. Short won't let that happen though, he'll be gone before March, maybe even before Christmas if he doesn't start picking up points.

They could end up with Pardew :sweetjesus:

I so want this to happen and for him to finally take them down, two birds, one stone.

The problem with that is that Pardew always has a year or so period where he looks like a world beater, that'll do the trick to keep them up no doubt. What we need them to do is employ another Lawrie McMenemy type manager one that'll rip them completely apart to the point where they get relegated to the third tier like that time.

Moyes seems past it tbf

That's not really based on anything imo. Man United was a poison chalice and everyone could see that they needed a massive overhaul/massively overachieved with the team from the season before. Real Sociedad aren't the sort of team to be pulling up trees in La Liga and even though he didn't do well, it's not unlike them to be in those positions, and he was only given one year in a country speaking another language. You can't just write off his 11 years at Everton because of 2 seasons at other clubs.

Whilst I agree with the general sentiment that there's not enough evidence yet to write him off as done, he's made a lot mistakes. Going to the press and telling the world you are in a relegation fight in August, just to get extra funds (you would presume) was stupid and counter productive. The business he did in the window was curious to say the least, it's not like they had no money they spent a fair chunk and brought in what ?? They have one PL quality striker who is about 104 now. He's critcising his players in public, that's a huge indication that the pressure is getting to him. The man is just a dour individual, does not inspire excitement at all and his teams play that way too. His body language was all wrong last night, he just sat back in his chair looking thoroughly disgusted.

The clock is ticking I think.

Moyes seems past it tbf

That's not really based on anything imo. Man United was a poison chalice and everyone could see that they needed a massive overhaul/massively overachieved with the team from the season before. Real Sociedad aren't the sort of team to be pulling up trees in La Liga and even though he didn't do well, it's not unlike them to be in those positions, and he was only given one year in a country speaking another language. You can't just write off his 11 years at Everton because of 2 seasons at other clubs.

It's a lot different managing a team for years and knowing everything about the club inside out and being in control of everything than it is coming into a new club. Moyes has failed badly in his last two stints coming into a new club and the last time he did well in that scenario was 14 years ago when football was very different

Guest firetotheworks

That's a huge sentence.

It's wrong as well, he left Everton in 2013 when he was doing well. 3 years ago, not 14 years ago.

That's a huge sentence.

It's wrong as well, he left Everton in 2013 when he was doing well. 3 years ago, not 14 years ago.

No you are mis-reading the point Triggs is making, he was in a similar situation 14 years ago to what he's in now. At a new club who had been struggling.

Guest firetotheworks

Use commas then you dafty. :lol:

His stock has fallen, I'll give you that, but he hasn't suddenly become a bad manager overnight.

Guest firetotheworks

Moyes seems past it tbf

Whilst I agree with the general sentiment that there's not enough evidence yet to write him off as done, he's made a lot mistakes. Going to the press and telling the world you are in a relegation fight in August, just to get extra funds (you would presume) was stupid and counter productive. The business he did in the window was curious to say the least, it's not like they had no money they spent a fair chunk and brought in what ?? They have one PL quality striker who is about 104 now. He's critcising his players in public, that's a huge indication that the pressure is getting to him. The man is just a dour individual, does not inspire excitement at all and his teams play that way too. His body language was all wrong last night, he just sat back in his chair looking thoroughly disgusted.

Everton played some cracking football at times, so I don't agree with the whole dour football thing. He's obviously not Guardiola, but he's hardly Allardyce or Pulis either. It seems to have been a criticism that's stuck with him. Personally think the things he's come out with at Sunderland are honest, that club is a complete mess and has been for ages. We've effectively saved them from the drop for 3 seasons in a row.

Moyes seems past it tbf

Everton played some cracking football at times, so I don't agree with the whole dour football thing. He's obviously not Guardiola, but he's hardly Allardyce or Pulis either. It seems to have been a criticism that's stuck with him. Personally think the things he's come out with at Sunderland are honest, that club is a complete mess and has been for ages. We've effectively saved them from the drop for 3 seasons in a row.

The Everton fans that come on here from time to time can correct me if I am wrong, but there were significant grumblings about the style of play under him towards the end, certainly that first season that Martinez was in charge for they were all banging on about how much better the style was.

He plays a functional style, I think he relies a la Pardew on a few individuals with real quality to form the attacking intent of his teams. His methods take time to bed in, he hasn't been given that time at his last two clubs. The two big questions for him is will he be allowed enough time at Sunderland and are his methods still relevant today, not sure this was the right appointment for either party to be honest. Sunderland's squad is about as bad as they come for a PL club and the additions he's made haven't really helped that, I think he would have been better off at a Swansea or Southampton.

Moyes seems past it tbf

The Everton fans that come on here from time to time can correct me if I am wrong, but there were significant grumblings about the style of play under him towards the end, certainly that first season that Martinez was in charge for they were all banging on about how much better the style was.

He plays a functional style, I think he relies a la Pardew on a few individuals with real quality to form the attacking intent of his teams. His methods take time to bed in, he hasn't been given that time at his last two clubs. The two big questions for him is will he be allowed enough time at Sunderland and are his methods still relevant today, not sure this was the right appointment for either party to be honest. Sunderland's squad is about as bad as they come for a PL club and the additions he's made haven't really helped that, I think he would have been better off at a Swansea or Southampton.

I really don't get why Sunderland fans would moan about the style of football, trying to play attractive football at a club like that is liable to get them relegated. Those sort of players won't go there, they are far better off with a muck and nettles manager like Moyes who will collect mostly hard working players who will graft and win enough points to steer clear of relegation every season. Provided they can survive this one.

Moyes seems past it tbf

I really don't get why Sunderland fans would moan about the style of football, trying to play attractive football at a club like that is liable to get them relegated. Those sort of players won't go there, they are far better off with a muck and nettles manager like Moyes who will collect mostly hard working players who will graft and win enough points to steer clear of relegation every season. Provided they can survive this one.

Nothing wrong with aspirations, other fans said the same about of with Pardew....he had us playing the worst football ive seen in Newcastle's prem history.

As for the mackems they've tried the bump n grind brand of football for years and all its done is stave of relegation.

Sunderland fans shouldn't just have to accept rubbish football and being in the bottom 5 every season.

Moyes seems past it tbf

Nothing wrong with aspirations, other fans said the same about of with Pardew....he had us playing the worst football ive seen in Newcastle's prem history.

As for the mackems they've tried the bump n grind brand of football for years and all its done is stave of relegation.

Sunderland fans shouldn't just have to accept rubbish football and being in the bottom 5 every season.

Did you sit through the Sourface paper aeroplane game?

Moyes seems past it tbf

I agree, they really should stop being a tease and just get relegated.

Moyes seems past it tbf

I'd totally accept this if it wasn't for the fact it's the exact same thing they try and mock us for.

Some mackems seem to think things will improve when Cattermole returns to the team.

Wow that is desperation!

I'm not sure they are wrong to be honest, after watching them last night. There was no bite to that midfield last night, Rodwell is a nothing player and any replacement for him would be an upgrade. The idiot probably would improve them, but it's all relative, I doubt he would improve them enough to make them not s*** !

Some mackems seem to think things will improve when Cattermole returns to the team.

Wow that is desperation!

I'm not sure they are wrong to be honest, after watching them last night. There was no bite to that midfield last night, Rodwell is a nothing player and any replacement for him would be an upgrade. The idiot probably would improve them, but it's all relative, I doubt he would improve them enough to make them not s*** !

Yeah probably right they really looked woeful in all areas last night but how depressing must that be - thinking the return of Cattermole can improve your side  :lol: