sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone seen that clip on Facebook with Jamie Carragher talking about his problem with Sunderland?

Basically saying that they are rubbish all season and then miraculously pull out of the bag this last minute escape from relegation, then goes on to say how they celebrate their survival as if they actually won something.  Really seems to genuinely dislike the club!

Please post the clip if anyone has it..  funny!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/26/david-moyes-struggles-sunderland-relegation-battle%3f0p19G=e

A series of managers including Paolo Di Canio, Gus Poyet, Dick Advocaat and Allardyce – whose relations with Short had become frosty well before his departure for England – have, at various times, suggested “something’s wrong” at Sunderland and Moyes does not demur. “Yes, there is, there’s something,” he says. “But I’m no closer to identifying it.”

Maybe it's that their fans measure success entirely in relation to another club. 17th is fantastic if the mags go down, get the plane banners out. 13th would be a miserable season if the mags qualify for Europe. How do you work towards to success when such a large percentage of what success is defined as is completely unrelated to how you perform on the pitch?

http://rokerreport.sbnation.com/2016/9/27/13064560/sunderland-bob-murray-and-the-failed-dueteronomy-of-north-east

cant help themselves can they? nowt to do with Sunderland this really, 1 point from 18 for Moyes so lets do an article to obsess over John Hall and talk s****

pathetic

"Failed dueteronomy'? That's a new one, haven't heard that word before. Does he mean Deuteronomy? Well that wouldn't make sense. OK, Googling 'dueteronomy', I love learning something new every d...."

"Oh. Nope, made up word. Back to your crayons mackems..."

http://rokerreport.sbnation.com/2016/9/27/13064560/sunderland-bob-murray-and-the-failed-dueteronomy-of-north-east

cant help themselves can they? nowt to do with Sunderland this really, 1 point from 18 for Moyes so lets do an article to obsess over John Hall and talk s****

pathetic

"Failed dueteronomy'? That's a new one, haven't heard that word before. Does he mean Deuteronomy? Well that wouldn't make sense. OK, Googling 'dueteronomy', I love learning something new every d...."

"Oh. Nope, made up word. Back to your crayons mackems..."

:lol:

If Moyes had a good start to the season this article wouldnt exist, just another excuse to obsess over nufc instead of supporting the club they apparantly love so much

'half built St james park'

have they seen the state of that shi*hole of a stadium that the scum with free tickets turn up to?!?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/26/david-moyes-struggles-sunderland-relegation-battle%3f0p19G=e

A series of managers including Paolo Di Canio, Gus Poyet, Dick Advocaat and Allardyce – whose relations with Short had become frosty well before his departure for England – have, at various times, suggested “something’s wrong” at Sunderland and Moyes does not demur. “Yes, there is, there’s something,” he says. “But I’m no closer to identifying it.”

Maybe it's that their fans measure success entirely in relation to another club. 17th is fantastic if the mags go down, get the plane banners out. 13th would be a miserable season if the mags qualify for Europe. How do you work towards to success when such a large percentage of what success is defined as is completely unrelated to how you perform on the pitch?

They'll finish 20th this season and claim it a success because it's a higher position than "the mags"

I find it great the way they obsess with us as it means that they will never ever do anything as s football club.

I was having an argument with a mackem mate of mine on facebook a week or so ago and was telling him how they have absolutely no ambition whatsoever and he was saying what is the point in having ambition, both Newcastle and s*nderland will never break the top 4 and s*nderland "know their place" whilst Newcastle "don't".

I argued and argued about how the only reason we're seen as deluded is because we don't accept shite like they do and always want to do better. I said all you lot care about is winning the derby and if you do that it's season complete. They'll accept anything after that.

It was like talking to brick from start to finish talking about ambition and how it is not deluded to want your side to do better.

No chance he would go back there. Just before he left he was making noises about being frustrated about lack of transfer activity and I reckon he'll look at the business they did over the summer and the absolute fucking clip of that squad and give it a wide berth.

Like someone has already said, if he is sacked I can see him going to Stoke or West Brom.

The nonces are fucked this season. It's definitely THE year they eventually sink!

I agree, for all the spastics on wearside seem to love him, it wasn't reciprocated. Most premiership manager are reluctant to give up a decent club job for a thankless task like managing England. But then we are talking about decent clubs and you'd be hard pushed to describe sunderland as that.

Sir John Hall was not born in Newcastle. He was raised in North Seaton, nearest town – Ashington. It is perhaps the reason why, ultimately, he did not fully understand football on the Tyne and on the Wear.

Distance between North Seaton and Newcastle, about 15 miles. Distance between Sunderland and Newcastle, also about 15 miles and a few evolutionary stages.

So the reason they don't fully understand football on the Tyne is because of the distance.

No chance he would go back there. Just before he left he was making noises about being frustrated about lack of transfer activity and I reckon he'll look at the business they did over the summer and the absolute f***ing clip of that squad and give it a wide berth.

Like someone has already said, if he is sacked I can see him going to Stoke or West Brom.

The nonces are f***ed this season. It's definitely THE year they eventually sink!

I agree, for all the spastics on wearside seem to love him, it wasn't reciprocated. Most premiership manager are reluctant to give up a decent club job for a thankless task like managing England. But then we are talking about decent clubs and you'd be hard pushed to describe sunderland as that.

Shite craic that like.

cant help themselves can they? nowt to do with Sunderland this really, 1 point from 18 for Moyes so lets do an article to obsess over John Hall and talk shite

pathetic

That really is rubbish. Sadly they keep repeating such things and eventually they start believing it.

So many inaccuracies but to address a couple of points. Firstly the County Durham thing they continually bleat on about, referring to John Hall he says,

He told the people next door to Tyneside, in County Durham – the traditional heartland of Sunderland support, that they could become honourable Geordies if they wanted, and join him in the creation of a sporting dynasty that would rival Ancient Greece. And some of them went.

Most of North Durham (and other parts of the county too) has always been black and white. Indeed Murray himself was from the Derwent Valley/Consett both predominantly Newcastle supporting.

Murray's real legacy, which was mainly due to the typical "chip on shoulder" they have about Newcastle, was his desire to have a bigger stadium than Newcastle, and while Newcastle continue to fill theirs through thick and thin, they never fill theirs even for the biggest games and are faced with the indignity of giving away tens of thousands of tickets to people with no interest in Sunderland to pad the place out. Murray would have been wiser to build a stadium that fit and would sometimes be full with people who paid to get in.

And as for this bit, well there are delusions and then there are delusions.......

But, for me - Bob Murray’s great achievement, which places him in a position of worthy note in Sunderland’s history is not, in fact, the building of the Stadium of Light, but instead the continuation of a professional football club in Sunderland that managed to hold on to its place towards the head of the football pyramid, at a time when others sought to destroy it in their pursuit of a futile falsity on Tyneside.

pathetic

That really is rubbish. Sadly they keep repeating such things and eventually they start believing it.

So many inaccuracies but to address a couple of points. Firstly the County Durham thing they continually bleat on about, referring to John Hall he says,

He told the people next door to Tyneside, in County Durham – the traditional heartland of Sunderland support, that they could become honourable Geordies if they wanted, and join him in the creation of a sporting dynasty that would rival Ancient Greece. And some of them went.

Most of North Durham (and other parts of the county too) has always been black and white. Indeed Murray himself was from the Derwent Valley/Consett both predominantly Newcastle supporting.

Murray's real legacy, which was mainly due to the typical "chip on shoulder" they have about Newcastle, was his desire to have a bigger stadium than Newcastle, and while Newcastle continue to fill theirs through thick and thin, they never fill theirs even for the biggest games and are faced with the indignity of giving away tens of thousands of tickets to people with no interest in Sunderland to pad the place out. Murray would have been wiser to build a stadium that fit and would sometimes be full with people who paid to get in.

And as for this bit, well there are delusions and then there are delusions.......

But, for me - Bob Murray’s great achievement, which places him in a position of worthy note in Sunderland’s history is not, in fact, the building of the Stadium of Light, but instead the continuation of a professional football club in Sunderland that managed to hold on to its place towards the head of the football pyramid, at a time when others sought to destroy it in their pursuit of a futile falsity on Tyneside.

Their County Durham argument is hilarious. Most people in North and West Durham, sunderland is twice the distance compared to what Newcastle is so not sure what the fuck they are on about here.

why on earth do mackems think that everyone from county durham should support sunderland?

Why cant someone from from Consett support newcastle when its nearer than Sunderland?

I pity them I really do, they lap this stuff so much that it becomes true

why on earth do mackems think that everyone from county durham should support sunderland?

Why cant someone from from Consett support newcastle when its nearer than Sunderland?

I love the way they just lay claim to towns, districts and counties as their own and think absolutely nothing of it.

Im a massive lads fan of the way they like to pick a town north of tyneside, ashington, blyth etc, then tell tales of Mackem enclaves and heros :lol:  seriously man if their tales were true they would average 100k and us about 20- rather than them struggling to find 30k payers.

I love the way they just lay claim to towns, districts and counties as their own and think absolutely nothing of it.

I just dont get it, even the mackems with a bit of common sense all seem to think they 'own' Durham and no mag should ever come from there

Dont believe I heard any of this rubbish pre 97 mind before the "massive lads fans" were born

I just dont get it, even the mackems with a bit of common sense all seem to think they 'own' Durham and no mag should ever come from there

Dont believe I heard any of this rubbish pre 97 mind before the "massive lads fans" were born

At the end of the day they're just seething and rattled because we have a lot more fans than them. This is their way of explaining it.

They've laid claim to Washington every since the Govt decided to redraw boundaries and place Washington within the City of Sunderland limits.

Washington lies almost halfway between Sunderland and Newcastle centres, has NE post codes and in terms of travel public service to Newcastle is in a different league to that serving Sunderland. When I was a lad it was almost impossible to get a bus to Sunderland. Support has always roughly been 50/50 between the 2 sides but there has been a Mackem spread towards Washington which is a blight. It's like it has been annexed with the Townies who have moved there complaining that locals should only be allowed to support Sland.

I've moved away from there now but it still bugs the shit out of me. Nissan wanting to say they were in Sunderland as opposed to Washington didn't help things either. It was built on the old Usworth Airfield, part of Washington New Town, which Sunderland had by then renamed Sunderland Airport.

I feel better now that's off my chest.

They've laid claim to Washington every since the Govt decided to redraw boundaries and place Washington within the City of Sunderland limits.

Washington lies almost halfway between Sunderland and Newcastle centres, has NE post codes and in terms of travel public service to Newcastle is in a different league to that serving Sunderland. When I was a lad it was almost impossible to get a bus to Sunderland. Support has always roughly been 50/50 between the 2 sides but there has been a Mackem spread towards Washington which is a blight. It's like it has been annexed with the Townies who have moved there complaining that locals should only be allowed to support Sland.

I've moved away from there now but it still bugs the s*** out of me. Nissan wanting to say they were in Sunderland as opposed to Washington didn't help things either. It was built on the old Usworth Airfield, part of Washington New Town, which Sunderland had by then renamed Sunderland Airport.

I feel better now that's off my chest.

good post tbh, 'washington mags' are 'plastic' though apparantly