sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Even without money being raised I think this would have happened, she's probably just trying to be nice; doesn't want to upset the applecart. The Chronicle have somehow managed to spin that Darren Curry bloke into some sort of philanthropist.

Even without money being raised I think this would have happened, she's probably just trying to be nice; doesn't want to upset the applecart. The Chronicle have somehow managed to spin that Darren Curry bloke into some sort of philanthropist.

I think he is an idiot, his banner totally lacks class. Wishing bradley the best would be good, no need for the divided by leagues drivel.

These idiots thinking they will get 30m for pickford

I was reading somewhere a fan from one of the clubs who would have the money to buy him talk about this, he was basically telling the Mackems to get real. His point was that to spend 30 million on a keeper, he has to be the proven commodity because there a lot of other options out there for slightly older keepers who have the miles on their clock maybe they are in their mid to late 20's but if you bought one of those you would get at least 10 years or more out of them because keepers generally play longer than outfield players.

Pickford has had one season in top flight football, being at the bottom club where keepers have the chance to shine with the amount of shots raining down on him. You are still very much paying for potential, no one is paying 30 million for potential, not even money stupid clubs like Man City or Chelsea. If he went to one of the "big" clubs he's probably going to have to sit on the bench, that's a lot of money to splurge on a bench warmer, why not pick up someone else  for a much more reasonable price and watch Pickford develop some place else to see if he's the real deal or a one season wonder.

GK is simply not a valued enough position and  you can only play one at a time with a lot of adequate alternatives out there for them to get close to what that figure. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him start the season still with that lot. That would screw up their recruitment policy which seems to be based solely around getting huge sums for players who have been playing for the worst team in the division this season.

I was reading somewhere a fan from one of the clubs who would have the money to buy him talk about this, he was basically telling the Mackems to get real. His point was that to spend 30 million on a keeper, he has to be the proven commodity because there a lot of other options out there for slightly older keepers who have the miles on their clock maybe they are in their mid to late 20's but if you bought one of those you would get at least 10 years or more out of them because keepers generally play longer than outfield players.

Pickford has had one season in top flight football, being at the bottom club where keepers have the chance to shine with the amount of shots raining down on him. You are still very much paying for potential, no one is paying 30 million for potential, not even money stupid clubs like Man City or Chelsea. If he went to one of the "big" clubs he's probably going to have to sit on the bench, that's a lot of money to splurge on a bench warmer, why not pick up someone else  for a much more reasonable price and watch Pickford develop some place else to see if he's the real deal or a one season wonder.

GK is simply not a valued enough position and  you can only play one at a time with a lot of adequate alternatives out there for them to get close to what that figure. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him start the season still with that lot. That would screw up their recruitment policy which seems to be based solely around getting huge sums for players who have been playing for the worst team in the division this season.

It'll make it all the more funny when they only get around £12M for him. There'll be a mackem meltdown.

It'll make it all the more funny when they only get around £12M for him. There'll be a mackem meltdown.

nah, they will post things about 6 in a row- our trophy records etc, and that makes their money go further.

nah, they will post things about 6 in a row- our trophy records etc, and that makes their money go further.

You forgot "we relegated them" threads too.

You forgot "we relegated them" threads too.

Did they "win" relegation this season or was it just something they made up for us on a one-off basis ?