sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McLeish says “I would go to Sunderland in a shot if I was offered the job. Derek has done a great job at Aberdeen but the opportunity to take one of the big jobs in England doesn’t come along too often. And Sunderland is a big job.”

WTF since when has Sunderland been one of the big jobs ? Unless we are classing big as one of about 20 club managers jobs, hell he's had himself a much bigger job and of course was awful at it. And we are the deluded folks.

What's facility fees ? Is it the amount they get for being on live tv games ?

Yep.

This is from last years report but guessing it still applies:

50% of UK broadcast revenue split equally between the 20 clubs

25% of UK broadcast revenue paid in Merit Payments ("Prize Money" per place in the table)

25% of UK broadcast revenue paid in Facility Fees each time a club's matches are broadcast in the UK

All bias aside, I really cannot see him being a good manager based on how he comes across as a pundit. He bores everyone to tears and, for the most part, talks a load of nonsense.

According to the Mackems, all their players have relegation clauses in their contracts so they are not in as bad shape as we believe, Not sure what their source is for that however and if you are signing for Sunderland are you really going to accept a clause like that, it's always likely to happen.

According to the Mackems, all their players have relegation clauses in their contracts so they are not in as bad shape as we believe, Not sure what their source is for that however and if you are signing for Sunderland are you really going to accept a clause like that, it's always likely to happen.

There was a newspaper report recently that said all players except Rodwell? and one other, have that clause in place - it's 40% drop apparently.

Which will be a drop in the ocean compared to the loss in PL money. So they are still in horrific shape.