sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bob Mortimer's song about Sunderland. For context, the guy he is singing it to is from Sunderland.

:lol:

Theres a line at 1:58 "There's the factory where they bread the pork", and weirdly on cookdandbombd comedy forum a poster (not me) made a similar reference on the thread 'Top 10 Worst Towns to live in Britain'

I passed a place that processed mechanically reformed meat while in Sunderland. It had a dirty disgusting looking exterior more akin to a scrap metal yard. Summed it up.

Get up in the morning in Sunderland, go to work at the mechanically reformed meat place in Sunderland. Throw up a pasty in Sunderland. Pawn a Ps2 for a tenner in Sunderland. Get through a box a night in Sunderland. Swear at your 8 year old mistake in Sunderland. Watch Sunderland lose in Sunderland. Hold onto the remains of some railings in the dark. In Sunderland.

Just need a Sunderland Bruce Springsteen to tear it all apart in a blistering man rock cry w*nk.

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,65355.0.html

Odd that there's two such similar independently-made references in the space of 3 days. Though nice to see the rest of the UK has similar views on chickentown as we do.

Bob Mortimer's song about Sunderland. For context, the guy he is singing it to is from Sunderland.

[emoji38]

Dawson is a total arsehole n all.

Is that the other lad? He's absolute fuckin pony, so much so I can't listen to that podcast.

Och he's alright, obviously Bob is my hero and it's mostly him.

I thought it was "render pork" myself.

I keep laughing at "put your dumplings in the flask" and filling an asda bag with crisps to go out :lol:

[emoji38]

Dawson is a total arsehole n all.

Is that the other lad? He's absolute fuckin pony, so much so I can't listen to that podcast.

Och he's alright, obviously Bob is my hero and it's mostly him.

I thought it was "render pork" myself.

I keep laughing at "put your dumplings in the flask" and filling an asda bag with crisps to go out [emoji38]

That song is funny but it's all Bob right?

I have never known somebody make an arse of themselves on Twitter as frequently as Andy Dawson does. Comes to something when you have to delete your tweets every couple of months because you've been made to look a prick by people like Curtis Stigers.

Aye that's him then. An absolute bellend. Love Bob to bits but fuck that.

To be fair the price isn't that far off ours. 350 for us 50 for them but they take on 300 debt.

That's the crux of the problem, he really either needs to pay the debt off himself and sell for 50 - 100 mill, if they drop to league 1, you could probably half that. Or sell the club for a penny, write off his personal debt, but even then finding a buyer who will take on the external debt of 130 mill or whatever it is will be impossible.

To be fair the price isn't that far off ours. 350 for us 50 for them but they take on 300 debt.

£300m debt?!

I thought it was about £70m (which probably will have been reduced by about £15m after last summer!)?!

£300m debt?!

I thought it was about £70m (which probably will have been reduced by about £15m after last summer!)?!

Oh I wasn't being serious about the level of debt just matched it up to our asking price. 50m isn't a true story though given the debt they have.

£300m debt?!

Oh I wasn't being serious about the level of debt just matched it up to our asking price. 50m isn't a true story though given the debt they have.

Aha! Yeah definitely pal - no way Short is writing more of his money off! He must DEPSISE Niall Quinn!

Anyone know how much he has spunked in total on them?

Mackematics, mackem logic etc and the "our fans" notion that they are somehow better than other football supporters seems to have no limit on truth bending.

They're currently comforting and back slapping themselves, with the excuse that deserting their team en-masse is somehow acceptable because they've suffered years, if not decades of misery, but correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't it barely a year and a half ago they were giving it out large and "getting the rave on" ?

So what's the craic with Rodwell? Mental health issues? Out of favour? Or just point blank refusing to play?

Not getting much of a return on what they reckon is £70k a week.

Mackem ST holder work told me Rodwell has been bounced from the first team and is training with the juniors.  Kewkie monster has had enough of him. 

£300m debt?!

It's currently around the 180m mark

£300m debt?!

It's currently around the 180m mark

The debt is?  :kasper:

Nar, £50 - 60m to that American firm and about 70 to Short is what I read. The debt to the Americans is secured on their parachute payments which is why they're knacked.

Yeah from what I read the external debt is the big issue, it's not huge if you are a PL club but for a potential L1 side, that'll kill ya. It's due to be paid back sometime in 2019 I think, there was talk on RTG about them being able to re-finance it. I'm no accountant but surely in order to do that they would have to have something to secure it on, a means to pay it back. The parachute payment will be the obvious thing, but if they are all used to pay off the loan then how are they going to pay their players ? LOL, obviously not through gate receipts.

Short could save their club though, just dip your hand into your pocket one last time and pay off the external debt, write off your personal debt and sell the club for 20 million or something, someone would take that surely. That would mean he would have to take a massive financial hit. 

Nar, £50 - 60m to that American firm and about 70 to Short is what I read. The debt to the Americans is secured on their parachute payments which is why they're knacked.

Yeah from what I read the external debt is the big issue, it's not huge if you are a PL club but for a potential L1 side, that'll kill ya. It's due to be paid back sometime in 2019 I think, there was talk on RTG about them being able to re-finance it. I'm no accountant but surely in order to do that they would have to have something to secure it on, a means to pay it back. The parachute payment will be the obvious thing, but if they are all used to pay off the loan then how are they going to pay their players ? LOL, obviously not through gate receipts.

Short could save their club though, just dip your hand into your pocket one last time and pay off the external debt, write off your personal debt and sell the club for 20 million or something, someone would take that surely. That would mean he would have to take a massive financial hit.

I thought they owed £100m externally no, and it's due to be paid in 2019 or something?

Forgive me for being naive.. How exactly have they amassed so much debt? Like what the hell have they spent it on?

Can get my head around how they've spunked away all the money that came in whilst they we're in the PL, but to then think 'oh, we spent all those millions so smartly, we need go and find more' is a bit baffling. What they hell have they been spending their money on?