sunder↓and

Greg
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

barnsleys next 3 games at home including a game in hand? gotta win one of them.. howay.

That's just it - it feels like Sunderland's rivals have all been playing tough matches recently, and that's why they've struggled. I stand to be corrected, mind.

Hull City hold on to their win, so mackems are now effectively in a fight for survival with 3 other teams where only one can stay up, with Barnsley with a chance to move 5 (plus goal difference) clear from the bottom three and 7 (plus goal difference) clear from the mackems with 9 to go if they can beat Norwich at home on Thursday. Howay Barnsley, stick a fork in them :indi:

Still only 4 points from safety ffs

Just need one of the 3 above them (edit: only Barnsley, in fact) to get a win and there'll be a big enough gap that it'll probably be too much

6 points behind the team, who don’t have a game in hand.

they are 2 wins away from safety with only 9 to go and if barnsley win on tuesday that will be 3 wins away from safety. So have to win 3 more games than the teams above them from 9 games

They are fucking certainties to go down the next 2 games will see to that

Woder if Niall Quinn will have his disco pants on and pickford be getting the rave on soon

The deadline for the administration points deduction to apply to this season rather than next (if they would be relegated anyway) is Thursday 22nd. With a chunk of their debt secured against parachute payments and little hope of getting back to the Premier League before they end, I wouldn't be surprised if they go into administration if they lose to Preston.

The deadline for the administration points deduction to apply to this season rather than next (if they would be relegated anyway) is Thursday 22nd. With a chunk of their debt secured against parachute payments and little hope of getting back to the Premier League before they end, I wouldn't be surprised if they go into administration if they lose to Preston.

This is a very valid point. I think they'll leave it as late as possible, as you never know what will happen, but I can really see that if they're looking likely to go down they'd do it this year rather than next. Right before the cut-off date.

This is a very valid point. I think they'll leave it as late as possible, as you never know what will happen, but I can really see that if they're looking likely to go down they'd do it this year rather than next. Right before the cut-off date.

Won't happen this season. No benefit for either Short or the loan company. This time next year if they have the same board then it would be nailed on.

Won't happen this season. No benefit for either Short or the loan company. This time next year if they have the same board then it would be nailed on.

Apart from the loan secured on the parachute money all the rest of the debt is to short. So why would he go into administration?

Apart from the loan secured on the parachute money all the rest of the debt is to short. So why would he go into administration?

:thup:

He's also got a few cast iron sales for players out on loan. They'll get some money for Kone, even if its £4m or so. Then there are assets like training and academy (i've already heard one is sold but never seen anything to confirm it) to be sold to property developers. All that, plus the second (3rd year less so) of parachute payments suggests Administration is at least a year away. Wishful thinking to say otherwise.

He's also got a few cast iron sales for players out on loan. They'll get some money for Kone, even if its £4m or so. Then there are assets like training and academy (i've already heard one is sold but never seen anything to confirm it) to be sold to property developers. All that, plus the second (3rd year less so) of parachute payments suggests Administration is at least a year away. Wishful thinking to say otherwise.

What would they do without the training ground? Get it back on rent?

What would they do without the training ground? Get it back on rent?

They'd train somewhere else, possibly their ground or they could sell parts of the training setup it while keeping enough open for the first team. Depends what the land is worth due to location. It'll be mostly undeveloped fields with a building complex, keep the building, one or two pitches, sell the rest.