Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

Just out of interest..... any reason why Alan Shearer is criticised for "taking" us down and Rafa, seemingly, would not be?

Shearer would've needed something like 6 points from 8 games to keep us up. He managed 5. Benitez will need 12 points minimum to stay up in total. He won't get it either.

Tbh I think Rafa has earned the benefit of the doubt and this has been the trend of the team for 3 years now. A 6 game win streak aside we've consistently had relegation form for 2 and 1/2 years. Still harsh on Shearer aye His bad for not jimping back on the wagon and proving it wasn;t a blip.

Just out of interest..... any reason why Alan Shearer is criticised for "taking" us down and Rafa, seemingly, would not be?

Shearer would've needed something like 6 points from 8 games to keep us up. He managed 5. Benitez will need 12 points minimum to stay up in total. He won't get it either.

Tbh I think Rafa has earned the benefit of the doubt and this has been the trend of the team for 3 years now. A 6 game win streak aside we've consistently had relegation form for 2 and 1/2 years. Still harsh on Shearer aye His bad for not jimping back on the wagon and proving it wasn;t a blip.

:thup:

Guest neesy111

:thup:

fairly positive noises from him today about staying on imo.

Everything about the guy's make up makes me believe he genuinely wants to be here next season. If we go down it will be the club's decision to part ways IMO. I have no doubt that if he stays we'll come straight back up. He'll get us organised and ship out the cowards and wasters. We'll do it playing football as well. Can't really say what sort of football we'll be playing if sergeant Nige comes in.

There's a fair chance he will stay. My biggest worries:

A bigger club comes in (Valencia, Spain etc)

Charnley and Co decide to go for the cheap option

Our owner cocks things up with not keeping promises

Other than that, if Rafa has to choose between Newcastle in the championship and not being in the game at all, I believe he will choose us. Nothing stopping him fucking off if a better offer comes in.

The only reason I'm bothered about going down is losing Rafa really.

Yeah same here. I would welcome going down if it meant a full-scale clear-out of board room with Rafa remaining at the helm re-building the squad, academy, etc and bringing us back up.

If he does stay on when we go down, he's going to be a legend to me.

The only reason I'm bothered about going down is losing Rafa really.

Yeah same here. I would welcome going down if it meant a full-scale clear-out of board room with Rafa remaining at the helm re-building the squad, academy, etc and bringing us back up.

If he does stay on when we go down, he's going to be a legend to me.

Steady on!  Whilst I would love that to happen and it would be great to see Benitez taking on the challenge of getting us promoted.  We'd still need to actually be successful and bounce back. 

What if he stays and we finish in the bottom half of the league?  Rafa.  You legend  :lol:

What's he said?

He thinks we'll still be in the PL next year.

Personally I think he's on crack as we quite clearly won't be.

he also said he wants to be here next year and 'for a few years' to be fair.

Really can't see Rafa Benitez in the Championship. Unless the family thing will make him stay for anything.

we really couldn't see him here in the first place either.

His staying after relegation is 10x more improbable than his ever coming, which was already the stuff of dreams.

Would be magic but I just can't muster any hope over it.

Really can't see Rafa Benitez in the Championship. Unless the family thing will make him stay for anything.

we really couldn't see him here in the first place either.

His staying after relegation is 10x more improbable than his ever coming, which was already the stuff of dreams.

Would be magic but I just can't muster any hope over it.

I think him staying is a less barmy idea than him coming in the first place,  but I guess we'll see.

What's he said?

He thinks we'll still be in the PL next year.

Personally I think he's on crack as we quite clearly won't be.

he also said he wants to be here next year and 'for a few years' to be fair.

Thanks. I really hope he does but can't see it happening if we get relegated.

If he's determined to stay in England and commit to a 'project' then one year in the Championship may not necessarily be terminal. We remain one of the biggest clubs in the country.

No chance he'd turn down taking Spain to a World Cup, mind.