Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

The problem for Rafa is that he's having to do stuff now that he would have normally done pre-season and not everything will work for him. It's a massive plus that he can see when it's going wrong and does something about it earlier rather than later.

Don't get used to it Mick :lol:

Guest chopey

There isn't a single system or set of personnel in any area of the team that is proven to be able to function competently for even two consecutive games.

There isn't any bizarre team selection going on. Just a bloke trying to reshuffle the deckchairs on the Titanic and only just realising that every single chair has something fundamentally wrong with it.

I love that quote (should be in the subject title)

At April 3rd last season teams had played 30 games. This year, same date - 32 games. I think. Saw something like that on MOTD2.

There's still that shred of hope with me. Beat Southampton and I'll believe.

By the sounds, the dead in the water team we have emulate is Fulham in 2007-8.

Fulham were five points from safety with three games remaining and then found themselves 2-0 down at Man City with 20 minutes remaining.

However, a Diomansy Kamara double and another from Danny Murphy turned certain defeat into victory.

Roy Hodgson’s men then defeated Birmingham and Portsmouth, which enabled them to avoid the drop on goal difference at the expense of Reading.

West Ham pulled off an impressive escape the previous year, but they had Carlos Tevez.

One problem that Rafa (and McClaren before) faces is that some of our most experienced players are hopeless. Look at Steven Taylor turning his back on Norwich's second. Or Colback, the one left standing with experience of playing left back, giving away stupid fouls in the previous games. Senior players making fundamental errors betrays any logic of playing them for experience, something any incoming coach with selection problems will be tempted to default to.

There isn't a single system or set of personnel in any area of the team that is proven to be able to function competently for even two consecutive games.

There isn't any bizarre team selection going on. Just a bloke trying to reshuffle the deckchairs on the Titanic and only just realising that every single chair has something fundamentally wrong with it.

Couldn't have put that any better.

True, although I do think a team built around Mitro is quite obviously the way to go. Overall the team will never be great but we might just nick a couple of wins.

True, although I do think a team built around Mitro is quite obviously the way to go. Overall the team will never be great but we might just nick a couple of wins.

Starting Mitrovic isn't going to fix that car crash of a defence. Or put some life into that wussy midfield. Or even guarantee a goal in the next few fixtures. So now we are back to the sinking Titanic and shuffling shitty deckchairs.

Easy to say that now Ian (and I agree) but Mitrovic was getting called worse than shite two minutes before his goal in the derby. This is what I mean, it's got to be really hard picking a team from that shower. Even the guaranteed starters are there mainly in the absence of anyone at all you can rely on to put in even a 7/10 performance.

Guest neesy111

The issue with mitrovic is that we will never stretch teams with him playing due to his complete lack of pace.

The issue with mitrovic is that we will never stretch teams with him playing due to his complete lack of pace.

you would if you had the sense to sign and play a pacey small player off him.

The problem with Mitrovic is he misses so many easy chances. There is no system that will work with this lot, we can't create chances, and when we do we don't have the quality to finish them.

Sick of us getting into a good position, then putting a shit cross in, or we do put a good cross in and we lack the decent finish.

I wonder how many times McClaren missed a trick by failing to build on momentum and not changing a promising or winning side. West Ham game sticks out to me like a sore thumb, when the whole team actually looked great but we dropped and chopped and changed the side at Watford as if we were playing fucking Barcelona. And he kept doing that throughout his tenure. Momentum, as we've seen with Leicester, is huge for confidence, especially in average to shit players (i.e. our entire team).

you would if you had the sense to sign and play a pacey small player off him.

Exactly. :thup: Some of the fastest attacks in PL history have included a frontman with no pace - us under Bobby being a good example.

Guest chopey

I still think our best front two are Perez and Mitrovic so how about

Darlow

Lacelles, Taylor, Mbemba

Janmat, Shelvey, Saviet, Sissoko, Townsend

Mitrovic, Perez

Darlow

Lacelles, Taylor, Mbemba

Janmat, Shelvey, Saviet, Sissoko, Townsend

Mitrovic, Perez

Taylor.  :lol:

Darlow

Mbemba    Lacelles    Colo\Taylor

Janmat      Tiote  Town  Shelvey      Sissoko

Mitrovic    Cisse

With Townsend in the hole supporting Cisse and Mitro.  Perez and Win to come on.

Need some thing drastic to shake shit up.

Mitrovic and Cisse up front is clearly our best chance of scoring goals

That's what I would have thought just because Cisse is the type of striker who would actually be sniffing for any lay offs from Mitrovic. Perez usually ends up playing further back so that leaves no one to actually get on the end of the chances.

I think the main reason Mitro has played well the last two games is because Cisse has been on the pitch, he may have done fuck all, but just by being there defenders are wary of him, and that allows Mitro to have more time and space.

Being lined up to take the Spain job after the euros if todays media world is to be believed.

Probably the perfect job for him, hope for the sake of this club that we have a clause that if we stay up he stays :lol: I'd be willing to call him King Rafa if he keeps us up now. A near impossible job.

Being lined up to take the Spain job after the euros if todays media world is to be believed.

Probably the perfect job for him, hope for the sake of this club that we have a clause that if we stay up he stays[emoji38]I'd be willing to call him King Rafa if he keeps us up now. A near impossible job.

The what ifs that will be going through my head next season when were 3-0 down away to Rotherham next season with Gary Megson as manager are going to be extremely painful.

Welcome to the world of Mike Ashley's NUFC.