Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

It would probably be the happiest relegation of all time if it meant that we had Rafa, like. Considering the season we've had internally and externally (Sunderland staying up at our expense, Ben Arfa being mint, Pardew being alive etc) I think we deserve it.

:lol:

Doesnt even matter if he wants to stay (well it does but y'know). It's if the club wants him. He's on Prem wages and I doubt he'll take any significant cut in the Championship. Ashley won't pay for him and he'll leave

I'm not sure this time. I think there actually will be a shitstorm if we go down and he leaves, and Ashley knows it. I think he's relying on him staying to have even the slightest chance of people going back next season.

I'm of this opinion as well. If Rafa leaves it will be his decision, I would think Ashley would be desperate to keep him now after seeing the damage done to the club's bank balance by hiring incompetent managers on the cheap. It's been a catastrophe, even someone as clueless as Ashley has to see that.

If he did make it clear he wanted to stay but Ashley and co decided he wasn't worth it, you'd like to think that would be the final straw for anyone still giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Won't hold my breath

Its battered wife syndrome with wor lot tho.

According to movies, which are like science, that syndrome only lets her put up with so much before she snaps and kills him in his sleep.

They'd be putting their safety at risk pulling a move like that.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/05/10/newcastle-hope-to-persuade-rafa-benitez-to-stay-at-st-james-park/?

So either Rafa stays or we go for Steve Bruce. f***ing hell, this could be such a pivotal moment in the history of the club.

And appointing Bruce will just show how stupid the board are.  As if he will ever be accepted here and he is neither a manager to rebuild a club, develop the kids or steadily improve a club.  Like Pardew, he normally hits a wall after about 18 months and then it is downhill from then on.  Oh and he doesn't know how to win a derby game either.

But they probably think he is a Geordie so those insular Newcastle fans will be fine with it.

He'd be a contender for most jobs in the world, unreal if he stayed.

Working under the presumption that he'll walk, because who could blame him. Him staying would show the old magical pull of the club, the fans and what we could achieve, and more shit the way of Ashley for running us the way he has and all but getting rid of that feeling around the club.

Under more stable and determined custodianship, you could almost imagine Benitez fancying the challenge. If he and the board were all pulling in the same direction, taking on the challenge of reglorifying a sleeping (dead) giant - especially one like us where the rewards on a personal and romantic level would be so vast - would be tempting. We'd fly back up with his reputation intact and arguably bettered. Then following that, who knows?

But working under these cunts would provide absolutely no assurances that any of that would even be possible. He'll be wary of his stock plummeting. He's better off getting out while he can and, in the face of numerous likely offers, that's exactly what he'll do. And I won't hate him for it.

Under more stable and determined custodianship, you could almost imagine Benitez fancying the challenge. If he and the board were all pulling in the same direction, taking on the challenge of reglorifying a sleeping (dead) giant - especially one like us where the rewards on a personal and romantic level would be so vast - would be tempting. We'd fly back up with his reputation in tack and arguably bettered.

But working under these cunts would provide absolutely no assurances that any of that would even be possible. He's better off getting out while he can and, in the face of numerous likely offers, that's exactly what he'll do. And I won't hate him for it.

if there's ever been a moment where ashley has an epiphany it should be this, there's literally no better option than them offering benitez a blank cheque and saying "please run the football club for us, we have no idea how to do it, little mike will do whatever you tell him"

Under more stable and determined custodianship, you could almost imagine Benitez fancying the challenge. If he and the board were all pulling in the same direction, taking on the challenge of reglorifying a sleeping (dead) giant - especially one like us where the rewards on a personal and romantic level would be so vast - would be tempting. We'd fly back up with his reputation in tack and arguably bettered.

But working under these cunts would provide absolutely no assurances that any of that would even be possible. He's better off getting out while he can and, in the face of numerous likely offers, that's exactly what he'll do. And I won't hate him for it.

if there's ever been a moment where ashley has an epiphany it should be this, there's literally no better option than them offering benitez a blank cheque and saying "please run the football club for us, we have no idea how to do it, little mike will do whatever you tell him"

He's not capable of epiphany or contrition and if Rafa does stay it'll just end badly. That's not to say I don't want him to its just I'm of the mentality that unless there's wholesale change I can't be excited about literally anything NUFC

He's not capable of epiphany or contrition and if Rafa does stay it'll just end badly. That's not to say I don't want him to its just I'm of the mentality that unless there's wholesale change I can't be excited about literally anything NUFC

Yeah, I'm mean I'm not really expecting Ashley to do that, it's just what you might expect a normal human being to do.

Yeah, I'm mean I'm not really expecting Ashley to do that, it's just what you might expect a normal human being to do.

This is it 100% for me, if they want to save what little is left of NUFC then they need to pull out all the stops to keep Rafa and have him run the club the way a club should be run. If our worst fears are to materialise and it's business as usual with Benitez being asked to leave/not being begged to stay then they'll destroy what little was left and drive us off a cliff. Only time will tell but if Ashley values his ownership of the club then he has to see this is last chance saloon, for the club and it's supporters.

They said on Radio Newcastle that the club are desperate for Rafa to stay but they are really worried about Everton whose interest is genuine and that Rafa is not adverse to going there.

If Martinez's role wasn't so insecure, I would like to think there was a small chance Rafa would stay, but I think Martinez will be sacked on Monday and Rafa appointed pretty fast after that, it's the perfect fit for him, the only solace I hang on to is the thought that he wouldn't want to harm his relationship with the red half of that city but plenty have represented both Merseyside clubs in the past, including our very own u21's coach.