Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

He was brought in too late as always with the useless w*****s!

He left Real Madrid on January 4th and we appointed him on March 11th so we could have brought him in eight league matches earlier! I think we’d be fine if we’d brought him in even two matches earlier, after the 5-0 humping at Chelsea, as he would have had two and a half weeks to work with the players before Stoke away and Bournemouth at home!

Aye. At the very least he susses Taylor out earlier and we beat Norwich if nowt else.

apologies if Giggs but the fella from the express (john Richardson, no idea how credible), reckons he wants to stay if he's given full control.

Would certainly soften the blow of relegation.

Won't happen. No way they forsake this business model. Even if they do, they'll go back on it once in the big time. Nothing good will ever have longevity with these twats in charge. That sounds negative in the extreme, but admitting mistakes and being transparent with people just isn't in their DNA.

He left Real Madrid on January 4th and we appointed him on March 11th so we could have brought him in eight league matches earlier! I think we’d be fine if we’d brought him in even two matches earlier, after the 5-0 humping at Chelsea, as he would have had two and a half weeks to work with the players before Stoke away and Bournemouth at home!

Aye. At the very least he susses Taylor out earlier and we beat Norwich if nowt else.

Would have had an extra 8 matches according to my calculations to achieve at worst 7 points to keep us safe

Aye, make absolutely no mistake about it even 3-4 matches earlier and we would probably be sitting where Palace are now.

But once again if any protests or demonstrations take place against Ashley the general consensus from the idiot pundits like Merson, Ian Wright etc... will be that Ashley spent millions and brought in a world class manager to keep us up, WHAT MORE COULD WE WANT.

Would have had an extra 8 matches according to my calculations to achieve at worst 7 points to keep us safe

Make it 7 matches

In that period under Schteve

Played 7

Won 1

Drawn 1

Lost 5

F 7

A 17

That period included around 4 weekends off

If he did make it clear he wanted to stay but Ashley and co decided he wasn't worth it, you'd like to think that would be the final straw for anyone still giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Won't hold my breath

I'd love him to stay as have said before. 'If' he does, I will get a season ticket for my and my little girl. But as it is, I don't think NUFC will pay his wages, or that Ashley will hand him full control. If and when he leaves, Keith Bishop will launch a PR campaign to blacken the man's name, so as to deflect blame away from the club.

Just fucking watch!

If he did make it clear he wanted to stay but Ashley and co decided he wasn't worth it, you'd like to think that would be the final straw for anyone still giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Won't hold my breath

Rafa won't say anything publicly, he's not like that. The conversations will be behind closed doors and leaks won't come from him. If he is pushed then he'll go with his head held high and say nothing.

Guest chopey

Would it be better to rebuild the whole structure of the club from a Premier league containing Pep, Klopp, Wenger, Jose (possibly) as well as every club spending £50 - £60 million or would it be better to do it in the championship and then look to go straight in as a top 10 side rather than looking to avoid relegation.

Or am I just clutching at straws before a good punch in the gut next monday morning.

Leaks won't come from him... unless he is putting the pressure on Ashley to give him full control. Absolutely possible mind games. Not that he needs to though. You'd think he has the club bent over backwards wanting him to stay, we know better about how inept Ashley and the board are though.

I'm not saying Rafa will stay but a season in the Championship is 9 months (August to May). If he stayed and was given free reign over the whole club to put his rebuild plans into place, surely he'd be confident that he'd get us promotion at his first attempt? He was interested in taking us on as a project. Is a 9 month stay in the Championship really a deal breaker on a 3 year project (his contract is for 3 years)? At least he may be able to get rid of the losing mentality from the club if we were winning most games.

i don't think he'll be that bothered by the championship, i'm convincing myself he's going to stay :lol:

:lol: Just leaning into the uppercut here, mojo.

:lol: This is what happens when you only follow one sport. We have to allocate our pain over several. Knock out punch vs. body blows.

:lol: Follow s*** teams long enough and you're like

imJ7OMZ.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mike Ashley will never admit a mistake and will never u-turn on a policy he's been forcing to implement over ten years. Just like the 80m. Rafa was a desperate dice roll to be a quick fix and then worry about it later. How many people have joined this club and been lied to? Say what you like but McClaren wasn't given the right additions the squad needed which exacerbated his shitness; he was supposed to have input on recruitment but I heavily doubt he had much say at all. No way will Ashley u-turn and give full control and even if he does it won't be for long. Do you really think that if he stays we're in for an era of potential success? There is no dream to buy into, no noble aim. Everybody ever involved in this club gets the rug pulled from under them and besmirched unless they toe the line and play sycophant to the letter. that isn't very hopeful but just having Benitez just leaves the same problems present.

Won't hold my breath

Its battered wife syndrome with wor lot tho.

Guest firetotheworks

It would probably be the happiest relegation of all time if it meant that we had Rafa, like. Considering the season we've had internally and externally (Sunderland staying up at our expense, Ben Arfa being mint, Pardew being alive etc) I think we deserve it.