Rafael Benitez

Jesse Pinkman

In the back of our minds we knew this was how the fairytale would play out. Ashley giving over full control? Never lasting.

If, as we fear, this recent clusterfuck move from Ashley results in Rafa leaving is this the worst thing he's done to the club?

For me it would be the worst thing.

I don't think there is anything to worry about, for now.  Understandable paranoia though, we are like battered wives just waiting for the next slap.  Always that niggle we aren't allowed to have nice things.

:thup: This is the side of the fence I'm falling on at the minute like. Understand the opposing view like, although there has been the odd bit of mental hyperbole.

Did Rafa actually say earlier he was confident in us signing players today? He won't be happy, if so.

He thought it was happening at lunch I'm told  :hmm: Certainly won't be owa the moon it hasn't gone through. He'll see the bigger picture though, hopefully.

In the back of our minds we knew this was how the fairytale would play out. Ashley giving over full control? Never lasting.

If, as we fear, this recent clusterfuck move from Ashley results in Rafa leaving is this the worst thing he's done to the club?

For me it would be the worst thing.

This

Disagree he's flounced off before for less. Love the guy for giving us a go but he negotiated for total control and isn't going to stick around if he is sabotaged. He will see the season out I expect as he is an honourable guy but if he feels he is being undermined or not backed he won't stick around, no chance.

Agree, if he's pissed off with it now he won't hang about to see how our transfer business goes in the summer. That said, nobody knows what's going on behind closed doors and it might all be fine.

My fear is that Ashley and that will be looking at the players on the bench and reserves that came in for significant fees and wages and thinking he knows football better than Benitez and we've somehow wasted money compared to his better way, that saw us sign Cabella, Thauvin etc and get relegated twice. We all know he's that arrogant and stupid.

I think paying a loan fee for Townsend while we're still paying a loan fee for Atsu might have stuck in his craw.

Did Rafa actually say earlier he was confident in us signing players today? He won't be happy, if so.

He thought it was happening at lunch I'm told  :hmm: Certainly won't be owa the moon it hasn't gone through. He'll see the bigger picture though, hopefully.

The bigger picture being the implications of us not delivering on any players despite him making it clear for weeks we needed some?

The bigger picture? Looking at our next 10 games, I can see only 3 I actually expect us to win. That number becomes 0 if anything happens to Shelvey.

I'm all for the complaints about not signing anyone, but get a grip.

The bigger picture? Looking at our next 10 games, I can see only 3 I actually expect us to win. That number becomes 0 if anything happens to Shelvey.

We've got the same team that has us 3 clear with 2 in hand you melt :lol:

minus a goalscoring midfield hardman that's off to China.

Yep, true, and weve been very lucky to have gained 58 points so far.

Should use that £2m the club didn't want to spend on Townsend to buy you a shag.

Still think we'll go up, but it's a worrying lack of faith in the manager. Yet again.

Sound like he was upbeat earlier but he can't be happy with this. He's being saying all month that we needed a couple in.